• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
68.5m? Damn that's alotta lap dances.
Party Money GIF by VCG Construction
Make It Rain GIF by Smallpools

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with betting on himself, just pointing out that it wasn't some move of pure altruism that some are making it out to be. Mutually beneficial.

Even if Westbrook had opted out, the Lakers would still be over the cap (or close to it prior to free agency). His trade value, even in it's diminished state, is more valuable than having him completely off the roster.
Wow that’s crazy?!?!? So you’re telling me that a professional basketball player might be treating this thing like a career or job where he employs his talents and in exchange he’s provided what they call a salary? Interesting. So he’s not just playing a game for his enjoyment or our enjoyment? His expectation is that his time playing will be his primary access to income that has to last beyond his playing days? Wow. I thought he was just doing this out of the goodness of his heart.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More has come out about Westbrook with the Lakers.

Apparently, during film sessions, he would push back on even obvious stuff (like a missed defensive rotation) and not take responsibility.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More has come out about Westbrook with the Lakers.

Apparently, during film sessions, he would push back on even obvious stuff (like a missed defensive rotation) and not take responsibility.
I bet he's not the only one around the league who does that during sessions....It's just that he's on a big market team and everything is under the microscope, which comes with that territory.

It's all about X's & O's, Bob...it always comes down to the X's & O's.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he's not the only one around the league who does that during sessions....It's just that he's on a big market team and everything is under the microscope, which comes with that territory.

I disagree. I'm sure there is some, but most guys take the criticism because it's on film for everyone to see. Some things, like a missed defensive rotation, are really obvious.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he really taken less? He took less for this coming season, but has guaranteed more. We'll see what everyone thinks his true value for 23/24 is and if that $35Mish feels like an overpay at that point. If it's an underpay, you can be sure he's opting out.
He took a 30% haircut on a contract he signed pre-sloth.

That's substantial, no matter the paygrade.

What he's actually worth is a different matter all together.

If a regular person making 100k per year calls in sick so they can go to Vegas with the homies, they aren't accepting 70k if they have sick time on the books.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I'm sure there is some, but most guys take the criticism because it's on film for everyone to see. Some things, like a missed defensive rotation, are really obvious.
True...but not everyone is as bad a him on missed assignments....and I think even he knows that..and felt targeted.
That said even the good teams have members that fall asleep/misread schemes in games...and when pointed out during film sessions they go the extra mile to improve and fix the issue...but then again there are always some repeat offenders.

Knowing the X's & O's is a fundamental aspect to a team's success.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's holding up the Mitchell trade?

Knicks still looking for that tenth 1st rounder, Fountain of youth, Jimmy Hoffa, Bigfoot and DB Cooper that Ainge has demanded to complete the deal?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knicks still looking for that tenth 1st rounder, Fountain of youth, Jimmy Hoffa, Bigfoot and DB Cooper that Ainge has demanded to complete the deal?
Not sure...and if I had my druthers I'd be calling Leon Rose right now to ask. LOL

That said..I'm cool with Jalen Brunson running the offense right now, but a few other upgrades at the other positions would be more than welcomed afaic.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mitchell for Bigfoot straight up is a helluva deal

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah would never go for it.
He disappears for long stretches...and then goes M.I.A.
Teammates try to track him down...but he's rarely seen.
All these other guys get away with it, he deserves the benefit of the doubt

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can rope Houston into a 3 way trade?

They don't have Bigfoot on the roster.

But, they could send them a Yeti.

OIP.W0bHhuEsgPDPJmJRQjjNdgHaHf
Niche player who has made a nice living....and doing a bunch of commercials too lately.