• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ, like some Laker fans seem to think the privilege of being a Laker is worth about 10 million a year:
He only said he likes LA and would play for less.....him and his agent.

Let's not that fact get in the way though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bickerstaff will have his hands full, with all the injuries the Cavs had LeVert wasn't given a fair chance and his role wasn't clearly defined.

I heard that unit of Garland, LeVert, Mark, Mobley and Allen had a rating of +17 points per 100 possessions.

Okoro needs to work on his shot, plain and simple. He improved though but his role will be tricky bc I don't think Sexton and LeVert on the court is ideal. Could work bc Sexton is a better shooter but it's just weird. If they grab a nice backup PG or Rubio maybe those two could work together better but I think Sexton will probably be starting.
VERY small sample size but think it was Jason Lloyd who said they really like the lineup you mentioned...think he said play in vs. Atlanta the first and only time they played.

I think sexton could play with Levert....sexton could be the backup PG if/when Garland sits down but don't want to use it too long as he's not a PG like garland (or Rubio).

agree if here Sexton starts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wild tjhing is that when you are re-signing your own superstar FA's, you don't have to sign other teams superstar FA's.

Adding to what Shane posted...Pau (traded for) re-signed. AD (traded for) has already re-signed and from everything that has been said so far, Lebron will re-sign after next year.

Sooooo, you may want to re-think that particular myth.
I mean, there have been times they had room for other elite players to team with Lebron in FA and none would come....but would guess it's true there were not many times they had room for a max guy before Lebron.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

So that one off-season means the Lakers never get any FA's or manage to re-sign their own.

And you want to mock Lakers fans.

You're the opposite side of the same coin.

Did I say they don't get any free agents? No I said they think they can get any free agent they want. And it wasn't just Aldridge. It was several years of missing.

I'd love to discuss actual reasonable trade offers that aren't inundated with bullshit where RW gets traded for any player in the league so long as they dangle THT and a first.

And yes I'm of the belief (as are many others) that Monk isn't cutting a discount this time.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of people talking shit about him signing elsewhere for more cash.

Who wants to bet? 2k says he stays with the Lakers.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say they don't get any free agents? No I said they think they can get any free agent they want. And it wasn't just Aldridge. It was several years of missing.

I'd love to discuss actual reasonable trade offers that aren't inundated with bullshit where RW gets traded for any player in the league so long as they dangle THT and a first.

And yes I'm of the belief (as are many others) that Monk isn't cutting a discount this time.
You have 76k.

Care to bet?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monk and his agent saying he wants to stay with the Lakers and wouldn take less isn't some made upnonsense from Lakers fans.

Considering that NBA execs are saying he's only looking at $5-10 million and the Lakers being ableto give him $6.2 million makes it a possibility.
He said that in March.

As soon as the Season ended he said wants to come back. But, the money matters.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi, George....

Hell, I just read a article about now James made peace with Kyrie's and then immediately stopped talking to him when he didn't pick the Lakers in free agency.

Obviously LA is a destination. Not to say they aren't. But god damn the rumor mill with them is absurd. There is no other nba team where the rumors make absolutely no sense as consistently.

And it is just to remind them that they don't just get carte blanche

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like TJ said....if he signed a 1 year deal for 6 million.....they could then offer him 11 million the season after.
Like everyone not a Lakers fan says, why would he pass of financial security someplace else to do that?

You are insane if you think a guy whose made 17 mil is gonna leave 40 mil on the table.

Nobody is going out like Shroeder...

Monk could get injured, another player could take his minutes and then he's fucked.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

No you just chose 1 bad off-season right after Dr. Buss died to try to act like it's a regular occurence.

Find where any Lakers fan on here has said that they could get any FA they want.

What does this have to do with the current discussion? Oh yeah...nothing.

And yet, he has said so himself. And even with that, Lakers fans have acknowledged that there is only so much less he will take.

Like I said, you're the opposite side of the same coin.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously LA is a destination. Not to say they aren't. But god damn the rumor mill with them is absurd. There is no other nba team where the rumors make absolutely no sense as consistently.

And it is just to remind them that they don't just get carte blanche
Oh, absolutely.

If the money was the same or close, Monk likely stays.

This isn't the Lakers giving Caldwell-Pope 1 yr 18 mil.

It makes me laugh that what he said in March should be taken as gospel.

But, from his own mouth in April should not....lmao

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like TJ said....if he signed a 1 year deal for 6 million.....they could then offer him 11 million the season after.

True

And I do have to add

1) that’s a big bet on monks part

And

2) that’s some borderline joe smith level shit lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

No you just chose 1 bad off-season right after Dr. Buss died to try to act like it's a regular occurence.

Find where any Lakers fan on here has said that they could get any FA they want.

What does this have to do with the current discussion? Oh yeah...nothing.

And yet, he has said so himself. And even with that, Lakers fans have acknowledged that there is only so much less he will take.

Like I said, you're the opposite side of the same coin.
He also said this after the Season.

“I love being here, man. I love playing in this atmosphere and of course would love to come back and not do this again.”

“It’s really me being comfortable,” Monk said. “Feeling like (I am) at home, whether that’s here or somewhere else. With a little money or more money, it’s just really me feeling at home at the end of the day.

“I mean, the money matters, but I know what I can do on the court and I can go out there and earn that,” Monk continued. “I think I proved that, so it’s just me feeling at home and
wanted.”

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like everyone not a Lakers fan says, why would he pass of financial security someplace else to do that?

You are insane if you think a guy whose made 17 mil is gonna leave 40 mil on the table.

Nobody is going out like Shroeder...

Monk could get injured, another player could take his minutes and then he's fucked.
Hmmmmmmm..............maybe because he and his agent said it.

LOL.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only said he likes LA and would play for less.....him and his agent.

Let's not that fact get in the way though.
So, you are going to ignore the fact that he also said the money matters?

Because, I can link the article again if you want.

Even your beat writers said IF ITS FINANCIALLY FEASIBLE, he wants to come back.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do the math.....6 mill next season and 11 mill the following.

That's an average of 8.5 mill.....not a huge cut off the 5-10 mill (using the article TJ posted) he could make this offseason.