• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears Offseason

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldman and Cohen released.

Trevathan to be released.

Looks like the new GM is rebuilding. You know what's valuable when rebuilding? Draft picks. Sure would have been nice to have tanked a couple years ago like i wanted and have some draft capital right now. But we made the playoffs that year with Trubisky and ummm...we're all winners for it!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad......???

Horrible deal for a stud.....
Horrible deal for a guy on pace for double digit sacks......
Horrible deal for a guy thats probowl 3 of last 4 years.......

Absolutley horrible of a deal......
Nah. Not when he's 31 and coming off of season ending foot surgery. Not when he also has three years left on a fat, fat contract.

Regardless of how good he still may be. Teams are going to have that on you during negotiations.

Look, I get it. The guy was a monster when he was out there last year. Was pacing for 17 sacks and had something like 13 QB hits in 6 games when he was healthy. He was great. But... those factors are a lot to overcome.

Getting a mid round 2nd for a 31 year old pass rusher, who is due 60 mil over the next three seasons, and coming off of major surgery? That's pretty solid.

More than anything. We get that deal off of our books. Really enables Poles and company to begin building their own vision. Instead of us being stuck in limbo between that and the Nagy/Pace era.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Not when he's 31 and coming off of season ending foot surgery. Not when he also has three years left on a fat, fat contract.

Regardless of how good he still may be. Teams are going to have that on you during negotiations.

Look, I get it. The guy was a monster when he was out there last year. Was pacing for 17 sacks and had something like 13 QB hits in 6 games when he was healthy. He was great. But... those factors are a lot to overcome.

Getting a mid round 2nd for a 31 year old pass rusher, who is due 60 mil over the next three seasons, and coming off of major surgery? That's pretty solid.

More than anything. We get that deal off of our books. Really enables Poles and company to begin building their own vision. Instead of us being stuck in limbo between that and the Nagy/Pace era.

We got exactly the absolute best what we should have gotten for him.....and its not just because hes 31 and coming off a foot injury,thats just a small part of it...

But also a guy whos not performed up to expectations for what we paid for him for the last few seasons......
Hes declined in every major catagory and not even finishing in top 20.....
I dont care about the but "he was on pace" either,horses come out of the gate on pace for finishing top 3 too,but start fizzling out 1/2 way thru,Mack could have done the same.....
He will never have the same stats again as a Bear from his very first year here,nor even remotley clost to Oaklands............

Mack is still good,not a stud,and Joey Bosa will be resurrecting his career next season.......
I wish him all the luck.......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got exactly the absolute best what we should have gotten for him.....and its not just because hes 31 and coming off a foot injury,thats just a small part of it...

But also a guy whos not performed up to expectations for what we paid for him for the last few seasons......
Hes declined in every major catagory and not even finishing in top 20.....
I dont care about the but "he was on pace" either,horses come out of the gate on pace for finishing top 3 too,but start fizzling out 1/2 way thru,Mack could have done the same.....
He will never have the same stats again as a Bear from his very first year here,nor even remotley clost to Oaklands............

Mack is still good,not a stud,and Joey Bosa will be resurrecting his career next season.......

I wish him all the luck.......
He actually improved last season numbers wise per game and was on pace for his best yet as a Bear. You're just wrong and it is that simple. He didn't finish top 20? No shit. He missed over half of the season! Jesus. lol. Could have peetered out? Sure. But no signs he would have. He also could have played even better, if we're talking hypothetical situations. He was as good as he ever had been in his career prior to injury. Period. This isn't just "some horse". It's Khalil Mack.

For chrissake, even BEFORE his torrid start in 2021. PFF graded him out as the 6th best OVERALL PLAYER in the NFL heading INTO the season. That's right... not the 6th best pass rusher. The 6th best PLAYER. PERIOD.

He played 3 full seasons and made 3 pro bowls/1 all pro. Why would the idea that "he would have faded" even enter into anyone's mind? That is totally unprecedented. All he did was disrupt for us and play at an elite level when on the field. For all four seasons. He never was not elite.

Mack got the LT treatment with Hicks being mostly injured in 19 and 20. Like Parcells did with LT when that happened - Pagano dropped him in coverage more. Had to get him involved other ways. A lot more to Mack's play than sacks. Mack only had one season near the top of the league in sacks with Oakland as well.

I would argue his 2019 was equally or more impressive as his 18. No Hicks around, he was doubled/tripled. Still was near the top of the league in pressures, led the league in holdings forced, and found ways to disrupt despite having almost no path to the QB most of the time. Due to him being THAT much of a focus.

He played 6 full games in 2021. 6 sacks, 7 QB hits, 6 tackles for losses in those games. That's as elite as it gets.

He will likely continue being a monster in LAC and that's fine. We aren't contending for a SB with or without him. If we waited until the midseason deadline where the Rams chucked up a 2nd and a 3rd for Miller. We probably get a 1st for Mack from a team going all in for a ring. But that would have meant eating a lot of Mack's deal and risking another injury. So, I get it. Time to move on.

Acting like Mack isn't regarded as elite around the NFL still is really silly, though. I don't know how many players over 30 coming off of major surgery and still owed 60+ mil on a deal warrant a 2nd rounder plus another pick. That's rare as hell and speaks even further towards your eval being way off.

The proof is in how much the Chargers ponied up despite the risk, age, and cost. He's been an absolute beast wire to wire for us. To the point where they're going to pay a 31 year old defensive player coming off of major surgery a QB's salary... Oh, and they're willing to give a 2nd and 6th just for the chance to do it.

Bosa will "resurrect" Mack? Ha! Mack is coming off of three straight pro bowls and a year where he led the league in everything prior to injury. Resurrect him from what? You don't need to resurrect a player from sheer dominance like that.

The person grinning ear to ear right now is Bosa. Bet your ass.

Anything else? I think this is finally over. Yup

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually improved last season numbers wise per game and was on pace for his best yet as a Bear. You're just wrong and it is that simple. He didn't finish top 20? No shit. He missed over half of the season! Jesus. lol. Could have peetered out? Sure. But no signs he would have. He also could have played even better, if we're talking hypothetical situations. He was as good as he ever had been in his career prior to injury. Period. This isn't just "some horse". It's Khalil Mack.

For chrissake, even BEFORE his torrid start in 2021. PFF graded him out as the 6th best OVERALL PLAYER in the NFL heading INTO the season. That's right... not the 6th best pass rusher. The 6th best PLAYER. PERIOD.

He played 3 full seasons and made 3 pro bowls/1 all pro. Why would the idea that "he would have faded" even enter into anyone's mind? That is totally unprecedented. All he did was disrupt for us and play at an elite level when on the field. For all four seasons. He never was not elite.

Mack got the LT treatment with Hicks being mostly injured in 19 and 20. Like Parcells did with LT when that happened - Pagano dropped him in coverage more. Had to get him involved other ways. A lot more to Mack's play than sacks. Mack only had one season near the top of the league in sacks with Oakland as well.

I would argue his 2019 was equally or more impressive as his 18. No Hicks around, he was doubled/tripled. Still was near the top of the league in pressures, led the league in holdings forced, and found ways to disrupt despite having almost no path to the QB most of the time. Due to him being THAT much of a focus.

He played 6 full games in 2021. 6 sacks, 7 QB hits, 6 tackles for losses in those games. That's as elite as it gets.

He will likely continue being a monster in LAC and that's fine. We aren't contending for a SB with or without him. If we waited until the midseason deadline where the Rams chucked up a 2nd and a 3rd for Miller. We probably get a 1st for Mack from a team going all in for a ring. But that would have meant eating a lot of Mack's deal and risking another injury. So, I get it. Time to move on.

Acting like Mack isn't regarded as elite around the NFL still is really silly, though. I don't know how many players over 30 coming off of major surgery and still owed 60+ mil on a deal warrant a 2nd rounder plus another pick. That's rare as hell and speaks even further towards your eval being way off.

The proof is in how much the Chargers ponied up despite the risk, age, and cost. He's been an absolute beast wire to wire for us. To the point where they're going to pay a 31 year old defensive player coming off of major surgery a QB's salary... Oh, and they're willing to give a 2nd and 6th just for the chance to do it.

Bosa will "resurrect" Mack? Ha! Mack is coming off of three straight pro bowls and a year where he led the league in everything prior to injury. Resurrect him from what? You don't need to resurrect a player from sheer dominance like that.

The person grinning ear to ear right now is Bosa. Bet your ass.

Anything else? I think this is finally over. Yup
I really dont think Mack is elite anymore,the stats prove that........before this past season,his declinement was already there......
Poles was not about to pay huge dollars for the production hes putting out.....
For cap reasons.....yes
For more draft picks.....yes
But also the production......

And Probowls are a joke Rich,you know that.....

Half the players dont wanna play or not playing because of injuries or playing in the SB......
Kirk Cousins,Kyler,Mac are probowlers.....???....a lot of players more deserving than them,oh thats right,someone has to go....
Whats a Probowl without this year without Brady,Rodgers,Stafford,Burrow.........?
Just goes to show you how much of a joke it is....

Mack has not deserved to be there in a couple the years he went......When you dont finish TOP 20 in 3 major catagories and you make the PB.....?....it has to be because of those 3 reasons.....

With the help of Bosa,Mack will have a very good season........

And damn right Bosa is smiling ear to ear,along with rest of the team.......It just maybe that missing piece on def for SD to make the playoffs......

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack isn’t elite anymore

He was getting a sack a game this past season

Yeah but he’s not elite

He was leading the league in sacks

Okay but he’s just not elite anymore

He was on pace for one of his best seasons ever

Yeah I know. But I have this opinion and I already typed it so now I’m gonna stick with it

Mack is every bit as good as he’s always been and nothing shows otherwise

I like cheap gas

That about sums it up

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess Julius Peppers wasn't elite in 2010 when he was 1st team all pro and a DPOY candidate. Since raw sack totals are all that decide a DE/3-4 OLB's worth.

Just stop dude...

And stats prove Mack was playing at the highest level of his career last year. lol

You're literally making things up and just sticking with the lies... over and over.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack is a great player. I’m fairly certain he’s gonna wreck sh*t this upcoming year.

That said, I think the most important thing we can take from this is not if he maintains his elite level of play or not-but the necessity of our team to reset and reload with young talent. His level of play is irrelevant because we won’t be serious contenders in the near future. We need to reload for 2-3 years out from now and his being off the books allow for that.

His play would be wasted on our next season or two-whether elite or not. So it opens up options for us and lets the dude have a shot with a team in the hunt with a few good years left.

Never thought we were gonna move him though as he’s kinda been the face of our franchise for the past few years. Guessing that the overwhelmingly positive response to Fields by the fans gave the FO some leeway in that regards. Fans know it’s the Justin show now so they get a pass for a bit on this kind of move.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say we got sufficient value for Mack in the trade, especially if he's fully back and healthy AND ready to hit it for a full season. But getting a 2nd for this year and that throw-away 6th for next year is about as good as we could expect. My question is with his salary off the books, what's the status of our cap space? My guess was it's the real reason for trading him, that the picks were just gravy.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. We’re gonna get a fairly accurate hindsight look if Mitch was a failure because of the team/coaching/system or if he just doesn’t have it because he’s the Steelers guy.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. We’re gonna get a fairly accurate hindsight look if Mitch was a failure because of the team/coaching/system or if he just doesn’t have it because he’s the Steelers guy.

Thats cool,wish the guy best of luck......Tomlins a great coach,Mitch has weapons to go along with a very good def, so there should be no problems.........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess Julius Peppers wasn't elite in 2010 when he was 1st team all pro and a DPOY candidate. Since raw sack totals are all that decide a DE/3-4 OLB's worth.

Just stop dude...

And stats prove Mack was playing at the highest level of his career last year. lol

You're literally making things up and just sticking with the lies... over and over.

Glad you dug deep to find this.....good job,but still has nothing to do with Mack not finishing top 20 in major catagories for 3 years in a row......
Ill give you the injury last season,but the two before that he played all year.....

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack isn’t elite anymore

He was getting a sack a game this past season

Yeah but he’s not elite

He was leading the league in sacks

Okay but he’s just not elite anymore

He was on pace for one of his best seasons ever

Yeah I know. But I have this opinion and I already typed it so now I’m gonna stick with it

Mack is every bit as good as he’s always been and nothing shows otherwise

I like cheap gas

That about sums it up

And aren't you the guy that sais " you dont fill a hole by creating a new one"

Well guess what happened.......

Now let Rich do the talking and you go pay for that overpriced hi-octane gas and arguing with BS.........And like I said,I drive a 2015 StingRay Corvette,and a lower octane wont hurt it(althoubn ever 3 tanks I do put the higher gas in it).....keep over paying,Bears no longer are......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Poles first signing. A disruptive force in the middle. Ogunjobi is coming off of a career year. He will be 28 this year. Hopefully just entering his prime window in his late 20's.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And aren't you the guy that sais " you dont fill a hole by creating a new one"

Well guess what happened.......

You realize trading Mack does create a hole, right? Like them trading him doesn’t prove what I said wrong. You’re at least smart enough to understand that, yeah?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Poles first signing. A disruptive force in the middle. Ogunjobi is coming off of a career year. He will be 28 this year. Hopefully just entering his prime window in his late 20's.

Great signing. You just replaced Hicks with a version of Hicks that’s younger and actually cheaper.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also….Corvette engines are made to use regular fuel. So bragging that you don’t put premium in it is like bragging that you don’t pay extra rent for no reason.

Stop trying to be clever. You’re failing and its reached embarrassing levels.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize trading Mack does create a hole, right? Like them trading him doesn’t prove what I said wrong. You’re at least smart enough to understand that, yeah?

Lmao......nevermind,go back to sleep......

Waaaaay over your head.......