• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears Offseason

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong on Mack. Period. Pagano was criticized a lot for that. I don't even have to contend with this point.

Yes, I never said Desai didn't drop his OLB's. What are you talking about?

Akiem Hicks was in coverage? LMAO. There has never and will never be a play in NFL history where a DT is designed to drop back. It has and will never happen. It's so adorable, though, that you think a lineup jumping and putting his hands up to bat a pass at the LOS means he was in coverage. And that he made a tackle on a screen? WTF? Bahahahaha. He snuffed out a screen pass, so that means (as a DT!) that he was in pass coverage by design. Holy shit... that's some next level stuff there.

"You don't really watch the games"

It's the ole "I know you are, but what am I?" routine, huh? I expect nothing less from you.

Just go take a lap, dude. This is embarrassing. You are saying Akiem Hicks was dropped to play the pass. What universe are you in?
Just because you did not notice Hicks holding ground did not mean it did not happen. There were plenty of times that Hicks and the other interior linemen did not rush the passer, they just held their ground at the line of scrimmage.
If you read what I actually typed, I never used the term Dropped Back with Hicks. You are too busy taking notes to dissect my posts to prove you are smarter than an idiot.

I cant wait til you get a trophy for that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a list of 10 FA WRs for the Bears to consider signing:

I'm hoping Poles signs at least one of these, altho names like Adams and Williams will probably price themselves out of our specific market. I'm a bit leery of signing either Godwin or Gallup, as each is coming off knee surgery. I have visions of Alan Robinson, who struggled in his first year back after having such. Still, there are a few here worthy of consideration. And in addition to the benefit of adding a proven veteran, inking one of these receivers should also lessen the need to taking one higher in our limited draft selections.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears add a speedy, if little used LB to their roster:

A nice addition to the LB core, considering the current batch is likely to shrink in numbers. He should also bring some added speed to the STs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears add a speedy, if little used LB to their roster:

A nice addition to the LB core, considering the current batch is likely to shrink in numbers. He should also bring some added speed to the STs.
Yeah, seems destined for a SPT's role. Could thrive in it, though. 4.37 40 yard dash for a LB is BLAZING. Quite an athlete. Which is most of what SPT's is.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than bore you all with 3 separate posts and links to 3 separate articles, I figured why not just bore you with one containing all three links from Sports Mockery.

I like this one because it gives us a list of possible veteran cuts who could in turn help the Bears.

Here's a possible addition to the OL, either as a potential starter or at worst additional depth.

Will the Bears pull the trigger on a veteran CB to at least fortify our CB spot with a short term starter? Oh, make sure you check out the additional CBs at the bottom of this article. I think you'll get a chuckle or two out of one of the names.

So what's been the theme of not just the above articles, but the many others I've been linking during this offseason? To me it's that the Bears are in need of help at any given number of spots, both from a starting standpoint as well as adding needed depth. Unfortunately most, if not all of they must be addressed from a financially limited aspect. There are just too many needs and only so much coinage to go around. Even with Poles likely dumping some salary and adding cap space in the coming weeks & months, the chances of us nailing a big time player with a big time contract at any position is probably not too great. But the good news so far is there appears to be numerous opportunities for him to improve the roster with veteran talents at costs not breaking the bank.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article backs up what most folks have said about Goldman's chances of sticking with the team:

The only thing I disagree with the title of the article are the words "Signs Growing". I think they're already full grown and have been for a while. It's now just a matter of when the Bears announce his release.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article backs up what most folks have said about Goldman's chances of sticking with the team:

The only thing I disagree with the title of the article are the words "Signs Growing". I think they're already full grown and have been for a while. It's now just a matter of when the Bears announce his release.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Ed.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another Lambert gem. Guy is the definition of quantity over quality. I guess a casual Bears fan that has lived under a rock for 3 seasons would find this article informative.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a lttle NFL rumours talk of possibly trading Mack to save cap money and use it up for younger players.......:

It is what it is,just talk,but I would be so happy with that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a lttle NFL rumours talk of possibly trading Mack to save cap money and use it up for younger players.......:

I am fine either way. If he stays, cool. If he goes, cool. We could use the draft capital. On the flip side, the upside Mack is capable of is high enough for me to be totally satisfied with him staying on as a Bear for another season. I wouldn't move him unless I am stoked about the return we're getting, though.

Interesting to see Bryce Callahan listed as a possibility to return and retake over the nickel role under a new regime. Xavier Rhodes coming in to start opposite of Johnson isn't exactly inspiring at this point in his career. He fell off a cliff after getting paid in Minnesota. He wasn't "brutal" with Indy, I suppose. Perhaps he could revive his career a bit in Chicago, if things panned as we hope around him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine either way. If he stays, cool. If he goes, cool. We could use the draft capital. On the flip side, the upside Mack is capable of is high enough for me to be totally satisfied with him staying on as a Bear for another season. I wouldn't move him unless I am stoked about the return we're getting, though.

Interesting to see Bryce Callahan listed as a possibility to return and retake over the nickel role under a new regime. Xavier Rhodes coming in to start opposite of Johnson isn't exactly inspiring at this point in his career. He fell off a cliff after getting paid in Minnesota. He wasn't "brutal" with Indy, I suppose. Perhaps he could revive his career a bit in Chicago, if things panned as we hope around him.

I wont get back into the Mack arguement as I believe hes not what he once was,and you think hes still capable of his once was stats.....and thats all good.
To trade him tho,it would take a team thats on the verge of a SB to want him,ala what the Rams have been doing,for us to actually get anything in return.....I dont know as if we could get a no.1 for him,unless there were a few other options involved in that.....His price tag is too high.
But if we keep him thats cool too......I was once a big fan of his....

Either Xavier Rhodes or Callahan I thought could could be a big help,cause it seems like we are a little thin on dbs...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont get back into the Mack arguement as I believe hes not what he once was,and you think hes still capable of his once was stats.....and thats all good.
To trade him tho,it would take a team thats on the verge of a SB to want him,ala what the Rams have been doing,for us to actually get anything in return.....I dont know as if we could get a no.1 for him,unless there were a few other options involved in that.....His price tag is too high.
But if we keep him thats cool too......I was once a big fan of his....

Either Xavier Rhodes or Callahan I thought could could be a big help,cause it seems like we are a little thin on dbs...
I mean, last year he was pacing for the best season of his career statistically in multiple categories prior to his injury. However, yes, I digress from that argument. Not trying to go 12 rounds.

Rhodes is fine as a flier if he's cheap. His better days were left in Minnesota, though. Callahan, I can definitely buy on. He was an ace nickel with us and since then the position has been inconsistent between Skrine and a couple of others.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

67g86h.jpg

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's to hoping Mack really does have all of his elite days behind him.

I certainly do not dislike this. We unload a boatload of cap room going forward into a new regime (I think we're sitting pretty dang good cap wise now heading into FA) and a 2nd/6th isn't a bad return for a 31 year old coming off of season ending foot surgery. I really did think we had a shot at a 1st, but oh well. I believe the Chargers 2nd round pick is at #49. Not bad.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's to hoping Mack really does have all of his elite days behind him.

I certainly do not dislike this. We unload a boatload of cap room going forward into a new regime (I think we're sitting pretty dang good cap wise now heading into FA) and a 2nd/6th isn't a bad return for a 31 year old coming off of season ending foot surgery. I really did think we had a shot at a 1st, but oh well. I believe the Chargers 2nd round pick is at #49. Not bad.

Not bad......???

Horrible deal for a stud.....
Horrible deal for a guy on pace for double digit sacks......
Horrible deal for a guy thats probowl 3 of last 4 years.......

Absolutley horrible of a deal......