• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears draft

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done some research on these guys:

Kyler Gordon - Seems like a guy that was highly rated by Poles and was surprised Gordon dropped. Too talented to pass up.

Jaquan Brisker - Physical and versatile guy that'll let Jackson roam more. Lacks top end speed.

Velus Jones Jr - 25 year old rookie and a complete head scratcher of a pick.

I can give Poles a pass on Gordon and maybe Brisker but Jones was a complete waste of a pick. Given a choice, i do tend to favor defense over offense however to not give Fields protection is stupid. We don't have a 4th round pick so i guess Poles is relying on a couple 5th rounders to hopefully help?
I'm shocked to say this, but we are in pretty much complete agreement, altho I'm willing to cut a bit more slack over the Jones pick. That's not to be interrelated as my being happy that we chose him or any WR for that matter. I would have bet the farm that Poles would go with the OL or DL...maybe even LB with that pick, and I would have been quite satisfied. But I do recall both Poles and Eberflus stressing numerous times that the Bears needed to add speed to the roster and if nothing else Jones brings this. That's still not saying much but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I can't help but think of every time I see the name of Velus Jones, it conjures up hilarious memories of Eddie Murphy's SNL character, Velvet Jones. I think that's gonna be my nickname for this kid - Velvet.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh, I'm trying to keep up with these Day 3 moves the Bears are making and it ain't easy. I know we had #s 148 & 150 going into this morning, but now it looks like those two were traded down for other picks. We also trade up a tiny bit with the Chargers, apparently getting two late 7th rounders for our '23 6th (which was one of the two picks we received from them in the Mack trade.

So as it stands and if I have it correctly, here are the remaining picks for us:

5th rd, #166
5th rd, #168
6th rd, #186
6th rd, #203
7th rd, #254
7th rd, #255

If those are correct and Poles stands pat with them, that will have meant he ended up parlaying 5 picks into 9 (one more than I originally predicted). Not bad. Maybe even snag a gem amongst one of them.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have two picks coming up in the next five. You'd have to think at least one of them gets dedicated to the OL. There are still some quality lineman out there.

Rasheed Walker, Penn St
Chris Paul, Tulsa
Nicholas Petit-Frere, Ohio St (think Fields might be pushing for him?)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was the OL with pick #168, but it's Braxton Jones, Southern Utah. Obviously we traded #166 to the Bengals, but at the moment not sure what we received in return.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was the OL with pick #168, but it's Braxton Jones, Southern Utah. Obviously we traded #166 to the Bengals, but at the moment not sure what we received in return.
Sometimes these online draft trackers have a tough time keeping up, but when I recently refreshed the one I'm using, it appears the Bears traded #166 for #s 174 and 226. Stay tuned.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#174 goes to Dominique Robinson, DE Miami of Ohio.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the Packers won a Superbowl with Brandon Jackson as their starting HB, right? You know, a guy that would run into the 1 or 2 hole no matter if the guard's ass was there or not? It's still amazing to me that teams can win a Lombardi with just the mere threat of some kind smoke and mirrors of a running game, but if you don't bring the smoke and mirrors you can't get it done. Laugh all you want, but it's the truth... You have to have the threat of a run game or your O can be stopped. You show me how the Packers run game on O got it done it 2010 with Jackson and Starks at RB without ridiculous QB play and I'll blow you...that's just how it is...not threat from the run game means no Lombardi... and that's how it is
I think you missed what Jiddy said entirely.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Referencing back to Nagy having an impulsive need to put in Patterson at RB 3-4 times a game and give him a couple handoffs up the middle for seemingly no reason.

I personally didn't mind the Patterson packages, as he was a good runner and could catch the ball as well. However, at times, it felt very forced and like Nagy was just satisfying an itch.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I'm happy that at least Poles got around to addressing the trenches with these last two picks. And it looks like we still have 6 more picks remaining. Guess Poles wasn't bullshitting when he said we needed to add bodies in this draft. Like or dislike who he's selected so far, he is adding bodies.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am suspicioning that with 6 picks still remaining Poles will use a couple of them for a trade up now or some late pick for next year.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am suspicioning that with 6 picks still remaining Poles will use a couple of them for a trade up now or some late pick for next year.
I could see a trade up now too.

Anyone take the super punter yet?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks fast... another Poles speed guy. He is sticking to his theme.
4.43 at his combine time. Not particularly fast from that standpoint, but then again he's 5'11, 206 lbs, so for a stocky guy that does make him rather speedy for such a build. And like you said, this is the type of player Poles is seeking out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it for Round 6. We have three 7th rounders remaining: 226, 254, & 255. Not sure if there's anything here for Poles to package in terms of a trade up. Maybe package all three for a '23 late 6th or early 7th. Or just say fuck it and keep them all.