• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears draft

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the draft just get here already? Around this point is when I get SOOO damn bored of the mock drafts and recycled conversations. I can't even read or listen to it anymore. I'm pretty much tapped out on draft talk until the day itself comes. Everything that had to be said, has been said 10x over by now.
Patience richi, patience.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the draft just get here already? Around this point is when I get SOOO damn bored of the mock drafts and recycled conversations. I can't even read or listen to it anymore. I'm pretty much tapped out on draft talk until the day itself comes. Everything that had to be said, has been said 10x over by now.

Patience richi, patience.

I thought you had your draft the other day........

beer-25.gif

Sorry man......lol.....jfa

Im with ya,just wish we didnt have to ewait till day to to ser what we get.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness the mods are on top of this thread. Riveting conversations like the above must be preserved! (rolls eyes)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you dig the trenches, you'll dig this Bears mock (not for your eyes, richi):

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, in fairness to the board, no more links of mock drafts. We've all seen enough of who the Bears might/should take, might/should trade down or up to get X player, etc. But I nonetheless thought this link below was worth providing as it is more of an overall analysis of some actions taken by the Bears this offseason, as well as identifying their positional needs and some players to fit them:

But what really struck me was this first paragraph in the analysis:

How bad is Chicago at drafting? To be fair, how bad was Chicago under the old regime? There hasn’t been a Pro Bowl selection from any of the last four drafts. Now it’s all about getting as much talent as possible to help out Justin Fields. So …

I think the article has implied that no Bear was voted into the Pro Bowl the last four years, altho there have been a few players named as replacements and stuff. And also to be fair, Roquan Smith should have been voted in a couple of times now and Jaylon Johnson is a star in the making. But to me this just damns the Pace era ever more so. It's bad enough that he left with the Bears not only a losing team, but also having one of the oldest rosters in the league. Plus we were 'blessed' with only 5 picks for this year, altho that has increased by one due to the Mack trade.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, in fairness to the board, no more links of mock drafts. We've all seen enough of who the Bears might/should take, might/should trade down or up to get X player, etc. But I nonetheless thought this link below was worth providing as it is more of an overall analysis of some actions taken by the Bears this offseason, as well as identifying their positional needs and some players to fit them:

But what really struck me was this first paragraph in the analysis:

How bad is Chicago at drafting? To be fair, how bad was Chicago under the old regime? There hasn’t been a Pro Bowl selection from any of the last four drafts. Now it’s all about getting as much talent as possible to help out Justin Fields. So …

I think the article has implied that no Bear was voted into the Pro Bowl the last four years, altho there have been a few players named as replacements and stuff. And also to be fair, Roquan Smith should have been voted in a couple of times now and Jaylon Johnson is a star in the making. But to me this just damns the Pace era ever more so. It's bad enough that he left with the Bears not only a losing team, but also having one of the oldest rosters in the league. Plus we were 'blessed' with only 5 picks for this year, altho that has increased by one due to the Mack trade.

I agree with that paragraph........infact Im sure Ive said it before on getting him as much talent as needed.....
Why does he have to wait in the 2023 offseason to get his help.......?
We finally got/hopefully got the qb we have wanted for the last 50 years since Ive been watching,but hes suppose to wait.......?
Bullshit,get him some players on his side of the ball and hell with ghe def side for now......
Get quality over quantity........Dont be trading our top 3 picks away.....
Use rest of freeagency,undrafted players and training camp casualties to fill out the rest our roster.....if its quantity they want/ need,thats the way they need to do it....

Start the quality now,fuck that waiting....

My top 3 picks would be,in no particular order:
Ot-ot-wr.......after that,I dont care......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that paragraph........infact Im sure Ive said it before on getting him as much talent as needed.....
Why does he have to wait in the 2023 offseason to get his help.......?
We finally got/hopefully got the qb we have wanted for the last 50 years since Ive been watching,but hes suppose to wait.......?
Bullshit,get him some players on his side of the ball and hell with ghe def side for now......
Get quality over quantity........Dont be trading our top 3 picks away.....
Use rest of freeagency,undrafted players and training camp casualties to fill out the rest our roster.....if its quantity they want/ need,thats the way they need to do it....

Start the quality now,fuck that waiting....
Most of what you stated I'm gonna agree with, but your question as to why wait until '23, I really don't have an answer other than what I've surmised in other threads, and this of course is merely guesswork. I can only guess that he wants to see how this team pans out to determine what he needs to get done when he'll have more draft capital and can draw on that humongoid cap space. I can't think of any other reasons.

As to quality over quantity, I've previously stated that it's obvious this team lacks both, which is pretty sad. The'21 campaign ended with an aged roster containing very little star power, not to mention that the depth charts at virtually all of our positions were nothing to brag about either. Yes, we need quality, no argument there. But we need quantity as well.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what planet does a GM say "we need quantity, not quality". Who is saying not to get Fields more talent around him? You guys are experts at saying the most generic and obvious things.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is saying not to get Fields more talent around him?

Who says you can tank and try your best at the same time? Who says a long pass is a check down? Who says Mitch Trubisky was a Pro Bowler as a rookie? Who says moving Khalil Mack inside would make him a tackle? Who says Andrew Luck is a Hall of Famer?

Who says this crazy, ridiculous, stupid stuff? Tell me.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says you can tank and try your best at the same time? Who says a long pass is a check down? Who says Mitch Trubisky was a Pro Bowler as a rookie? Who says moving Khalil Mack inside would make him a tackle? Who says Andrew Luck is a Hall of Famer?

Who says this crazy, ridiculous, stupid stuff? Tell me.

Some of the greatest mysteries of the world...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so as it presently stands, here are the 6 picks we have, with none of them of course in the 1st round:

39th pick, Round 2
48th pick, Round 2
71st pick, Round 3
148th pick, Round 5
150th pick, Round 5
186th pick, Round 6

So the question is, does Poles stand pat with what he has, does he trade back for more picks or pull a Pace and bundle for a higher selection? I'm continuing with the thought that he trades back. I don't see him trading both 2nd rounders, but I think the 48th is ripe for a trade back. I also think one or both of those two 5th rounders could be candidates as well.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so as it presently stands, here are the 6 picks we have, with none of them of course in the 1st round:

39th pick, Round 2
48th pick, Round 2
71st pick, Round 3
148th pick, Round 5
150th pick, Round 5
186th pick, Round 6

So the question is, does Poles stand pat with what he has, does he trade back for more picks or pull a Pace and bundle for a higher selection? I'm continuing with the thought that he trades back. I don't see him trading both 2nd rounders, but I think the 48th is ripe for a trade back. I also think one or both of those two 5th rounders could be candidates as well.

We won't be making a pick today. Giants get the 7 from us and will probably use it on o-line that we sorely need just to grind my gears...God I hope Fields was worth it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't be making a pick today. Giants get the 7 from us and will probably use it on o-line that we sorely need just to grind my gears...God I hope Fields was worth it.

I mean Wide Receiver...BIG BUCKS! NO WHAMMIES!!! COME ON BABY WIDE RECEEEEIIIVVVEEERRRR.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That big boy from Bama is going to be a stud. But I'll still take Fields, for now.

And yes... per your other post. We definitely need to draft two WR's with #'s 38 and 49. Just our boy the genius.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That big boy from Bama is going to be a stud. But I'll still take Fields, for now.

And yes... per your other post. We definitely need to draft two WR's with #'s 38 and 49. Just our boy the genius.

Why stop at 2? 6 is better.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Bears Kyler Gordon, CB Washington!! Looks like we have our stud pair of corners for the next few years!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why Nakobe Dean has slipped so far down the draft at this point. 1st round rated talent, but still remains on the board.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaquan Brisker??? Didn't see this one coming. Must be one of those mysterious BPAs that we always hear about.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Bears Kyler Gordon, CB Washington!! Looks like we have our stud pair of corners for the next few years!
Jaquan Brisker??? Didn't see this one coming. Must be one of those mysterious BPAs that we always hear about.
CB, then a S. It seems early on at least that Eberflus has some big time influence in this draft. It also seems fairly evident that the Bears are gearing up for some pass-heavy offenses in the coming years.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two DB’s. Well a’ight then. So long as they are good and allow us to fill our other many holes.