• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears draft

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know WR is a position of need, but I'm hoping we can use our first two picks either in the trenches or at least one on a CB. But I certainly won't lose any sleep if Poles does go with a pass catcher early on.
It's a good draft for WR's. 6 projected to go 1st round in a mock I just saw on NFLN. Good chance a guy that would typically be valued in the 1st could fall to us.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good draft for WR's. 6 projected to go 1st round in a mock I just saw on NFLN. Good chance a guy that would typically be valued in the 1st could fall to us.

Yes. Let’s get another WR because that’s what this team needs. We should draft a WR EVERY year to make the fans happy. Good grief. We had Allen Robinson last year and this team still sucked. BUT let’s draft one because that’ll be different! BRILLIANT!

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Let’s get another WR because that’s what this team needs. We should draft a WR EVERY year to make the fans happy. Good grief. We had Allen Robinson last year and this team still sucked. BUT let’s draft one because that’ll be different! BRILLIANT!

I'll agree with you...the Bears need a lot more than a WR. Games are won up front, and you can't have the major brain farts in the back end of a D... so get guys to block for Fields and hold the back of the D together would probably be the best...and DL help as they lost the most impact there with Mack heading to the Chargers. WR is kind of a luxury

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCG posted an article ranking the Bears needs by position. Not so surprisingly, WR was listed as our top need, an opinion of which I disagree. In fact, I kinda question some of their other rankings to boot:

Offensive tackle #7??? Yeah, we have the makings of a decent position here, but most of the existing talent is largely untested. Now maybe they're not ranking it so highly because they believe Poles intends on making a splash next year in free agency. But as of this moment, I think it needs to be listed as a greater importance of need.

One need that at first glance might seem a bit high is for a punter at #8. But with Pat O'Donnell ditching the Bears for the evil Packers, this position takes on a bit more urgency than would otherwise command. I know we have too few picks to normally use on this spot, but there's a punter out there in San Diego State's Matt Araiza, who is the unquestioned top pick at this position. A number of analysts have stated he's one of the best to come around in many years, with the ability to serve as both punter and kicker, altho the latter attribute would mostly be needed for kickoffs only. I doubt he'll last into the later rounds where Poles could possibly snag him, but you never know.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bill Belichick's history on drafting receivers from espn:

Consider that since Belichick arrived in New England in 2000, he's selected just 18 receivers in the draft. That is tied for the fifth-lowest total over that span and doesn't take into account that six of those receivers were picked in the seventh/final round, and one is a special-teams-only option

But when it comes to the morons on this board, EVERY YEAR i've been here, they want to draft a WR. A fucking love affair with morons and WRs that I don't understand. We have major pressing needs at both OL and DL and yet STILL, morons want WRs. EVERY YEAR. We have the dumbest fans for certain.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument from me at all. In fact, I posted in another thread that based on Ryan Poles' initial presser where he stated his desire to build thru the draft, I predicted that when the upcoming draft is all said and done, we'll have gone from 5 picks to 8, obviously via trading down. We need bodies this year, not to mention an infusion of youth. Going into the '21 season there were only 5 teams with an average roster age older than ours.
Once you get past the third round quantity is a GMs best friend. More players means more chances to hit on players who can contribute in some way shape or form.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you get past the third round quantity is a GMs best friend. More players means more chances to hit on players who can contribute in some way shape or form.

Give me quality over quantity........

Quantity we can get thru freeagency of players that havent signed and cuts from teams.....
Id rather have a better quality player than three might not make the team late draft picks.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick's history on drafting receivers from espn:

Consider that since Belichick arrived in New England in 2000, he's selected just 18 receivers in the draft. That is tied for the fifth-lowest total over that span and doesn't take into account that six of those receivers were picked in the seventh/final round, and one is a special-teams-only option

But when it comes to the morons on this board, EVERY YEAR i've been here, they want to draft a WR. A fucking love affair with morons and WRs that I don't understand. We have major pressing needs at both OL and DL and yet STILL, morons want WRs. EVERY YEAR. We have the dumbest fans for certain.

Fuck Belicek........
The only time I say we id when we need one,well we need one......
We got 2 no.2s this year,Im hoping for a wr and an ot with those picks .....JF needs some protection and someone to throw to other than Mooney........
Mooney looked great last season,but hes still unproven that hes gonna be our go to guy.........
1 wr in the 2nd or 3rd rd and Id be happy that we are trying.....

Right now we are in a mess right now,and I definetly dont remember guys on here wailing for wr every season........

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quantity we can get thru freeagency of players that havent signed and cuts from teams.....
Id rather have a better quality player than three might not make the team late draft picks.....
I get what your saying but neither free agency or the draft is an exact science. There's a reason I said third rd and below because players who have the most, sure fire, upside; need less polishing go in the first three rounds. And even then higher picks still don't pan out. Thats why even with good scouting a team needs luck drafting a player.

And with free agents, if a team that initially picked him lets him go there's a reason for that. The team that lets a player walks see's him practice and play every day and knows more about him than anyone else. Its not always the case but more times than not hes not worth keeping or they feel they can make an upgrade in his position.

A franchise has to use both and hope most of them work out.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I'm gonna give a sh*t about some cherrypicked stat for Belichick while he was rolling with the greatest quarterback in history for 2 decades.

I agree that I'd prefer other positions to WR in a vacuum. But we're not in a vacuum. So if the BPA is a receiver and that opens up other options for filling the rest of our MANY holes more easily via FA or next year's draft who gives a sh*t? Find some winners to build upon and go from there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The sad part about this statement is that we need both. We're lacking in star power AND team depth. So as much as I'd prefer to secure fewer but more talented players, we need numbers as well.

Until Poles proves otherwise and based on what relatively little action he's taken to date, I continue taking the approach that he's really gearing up for '23 and beyond, when he'll have more draft picks (including a 1st) as well as some monster cap space, with this offseason being a transition period.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree with you most of the time on this topic of drafts and WR's. However, ARob is gone and after Mooney things are really ugly. It certainly needs to be addressed at some point in the draft.

100% agree that OL and DL is more important for us right now.

FWIW, I do not recall fans crying for the Bears to draft a WR early on each of the past few years.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft wish list:

2. OL
2. OL
3. DL
5. OL
5. DL
6. DL

Fuck WRs

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a 3 round mock from CBS Sports:

Cutting to the chase for the Bears:

39. Chicago: Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College
48. Chicago (via LAC): Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
71. Chicago: Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State

Not bad, two OL and a S. Would like to see a CB or DL replace the S pick, but I guess one can't have everything.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A growing consensus amongst the analysts and pundits has the Bears taking a CB with one of their two 2nd round picks. And the name that keeps popping up at this position is Washington's Kyler Gordon. Mel "The Coiff" Kiper, Bleacher Report, and apparently The Athletic all seem to be in agreement. Can't vouch for the latter as it's subscription only, which I don't have, but it's in their headline.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting close now...Come on baby...WR baby...One time now...Let's goooo....WIDE RECEIVEEEERRRR...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting close now...Come on baby...WR baby...One time now...Let's goooo....WIDE RECEIVEEEERRRR...
I would be cool if we go Oline with one pick in the 2nd and WR with the other. Definitely not needed more than OL/DL/DB, though.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be cool if we go Oline with one pick in the 2nd and WR with the other. Definitely not needed more than OL/DL/DB, though.

I like the thought of oline and wr with noth 2nd rd picks......
It would be a start for a couple of players on offense to gel......
Being they wanna start over with the new regime,why not start on our most prized pissesion at qb.......?
Its not like we have not been waiting for years for this tupe of oppurtunity....It would be a shame to waste another year......
Lets get it going now......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's more TMI with respect to the coming draft:

I know some of this is a bit of old news, but having just returned from a looooong road trip, I'm trying to get caught up with all things Bears draft. The first link is WCG's overall ranking of the top 150 potential draftees. I'm not sure if this is the latest update, but last I read we have 4 picks that fall within the rankings - 39, 48, 71, 147. Assuming Poles holds firm and sticks with these selections, it will be interesting to see if all are taken from this list.

The next article from Bears Wire details the players the Bears have personally visited. Too lazy to cross reference and see if all fell into the top 150.

The last two from Sports Mockery are worth a read. They hold the opinion that the Bears could be zeroing in on DL Logan Hall with one of their first two picks. The kid has some interesting measurables. Not sure how a DL who's 6'6/283lb can go toe-toe with the mammoth OLs that he'd face in the interior, altho there's room to add on weight. Plus he's highly regarded in draft circles and perhaps not-so-coincidentally he's ranked #39 on that top 150 list.

I copied the last link because I've been quietly hawking to a certain extent on using one of our two #2s on a CB, yet this article contradicts meriting such attention. Yet the draft seems to be somewhat deep in CB talent, so who knows.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the draft just get here already? Around this point is when I get SOOO damn bored of the mock drafts and recycled conversations. I can't even read or listen to it anymore. I'm pretty much tapped out on draft talk until the day itself comes. Everything that had to be said, has been said 10x over by now.