• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears draft

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two DB’s. Well a’ight then. So long as they are good and allow us to fill our other many holes.
A bit of a head scratcher with the Brisker selection, altho in fairness he's on most top 50 ranking boards. So it's not as if we took some big time risk here. In fact, CBS sports gave us an A- for taking him. Still, I was kinda hoping we'd hit either side of the line with our 2nd pick.

And speaking of the lines, I've been a bit surprised at the lack of OL and DL taken so far in Rd 2. Might be due to so many of them taken in the first round.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota's mammoth OL Daniel Faalele still out there.
LB Nakobe Dean STILL not picked. Gotta be a back story that emerged of late for him to slide this far down.
Fellow LB Chad Muma still on the board as well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 year old Tennessee's WR Velus Jones, Jr it is. The best thing I have on him is he's pretty damn fast, ran a 4.31 40 time at the combine. But 25 years old?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a head scratcher with the Brisker selection, altho in fairness he's on most top 50 ranking boards. So it's not as if we took some big time risk here. In fact, CBS sports gave us an A- for taking him. Still, I was kinda hoping we'd hit either side of the line with our 2nd pick.

And speaking of the lines, I've been a bit surprised at the lack of OL and DL taken so far in Rd 2. Might be due to so many of them taken in the first round.
My good friend down here is a massive Penn State/Steelers fan. Was telling me how he wanted Brisker all week. He loves him. Only thing I know about him. His highlight reel clearly shows he's a damn head hunter playing in the box. If somehow Eddie can have a comeback season and this kid plays like what I saw on his Penn State tape. We could be in business in the secondary. I get the feeling Chicago will like him. Really brings the wood. Half of his highlight tape is blowing up plays in the backfield.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 year old Tennessee's WR Velus Jones, Jr it is. The best thing I have on him is he's pretty damn fast, ran a 4.31 40 time at the combine. But 25 years old?
Redshirted, transferred from USC to Tennessee after sophomore season, and then got an extra year of eligibility due to COVID. Wound up playing 4 years at USC and 2 at Tennessee. Was a standout kick returner until breaking out as a WR this past year. The age thing makes sense when you break it down.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My good friend down here is a massive Penn State/Steelers fan. Was telling me how he wanted Brisker all week. He loves him. Only thing I know about him. His highlight reel clearly shows he's a damn head hunter playing in the box. If somehow Eddie can have a comeback season and this kid plays like what I saw on his Penn State tape. We could be in business in the secondary. I get the feeling Chicago will like him. Really brings the wood. Half of his highlight tape is blowing up plays in the backfield.
I was going to post a follow up to my 'head scratcher' opinion. That was mainly due to the fact that I knew nothing about him and the safety position was not on my personal radar at all. But the more I read articles and analysis of this kid, the more I'm willing to pull back on my initial take. Some have referred to him as a 1st round talent. While I still might have preferred to see someone from the trenches selected, this pick is growing on me fast.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redshirted, transferred from USC to Tennessee after sophomore season, and then got an extra year of eligibility due to COVID. Wound up playing 4 years at USC and 2 at Tennessee. Was a standout kick returner until breaking out as a WR this past year. The age thing makes sense when you break it down.
Yeah, gotta admit that. Plus 4.31 40 time is nothing to sneeze at either.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, there's little doubt that Poles selected 3 potential starters with his 3 picks. And I'm talking starting this coming year, not some time down the road. Of course let's not kid ourselves, this is in part due to the dearth of talent at those respective positions. But anytime you can draft 3 players who could all start, with none being a 1st rounder, that's saying something.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, gotta admit that. Plus 4.31 40 time is nothing to sneeze at either.
I am scared that his NFL comp is considered to be Cordarelle Patterson. Lol

If we're drafting a WR - we need a damn WR. Not a great kick returner with absurd athleticism that no one can ever figure how to properly utilize on offense.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we're drafting a WR - we need a damn WR. Not a great kick returner with absurd athleticism that no one can ever figure how to properly utilize on offense.

Can we run him up the gut with HB slams a couple times a game?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we run him up the gut with HB slams a couple times a game?

You do realize the Packers won a Superbowl with Brandon Jackson as their starting HB, right? You know, a guy that would run into the 1 or 2 hole no matter if the guard's ass was there or not? It's still amazing to me that teams can win a Lombardi with just the mere threat of some kind smoke and mirrors of a running game, but if you don't bring the smoke and mirrors you can't get it done. Laugh all you want, but it's the truth... You have to have the threat of a run game or your O can be stopped. You show me how the Packers run game on O got it done it 2010 with Jackson and Starks at RB without ridiculous QB play and I'll blow you...that's just how it is...not threat from the run game means no Lombardi... and that's how it is

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to Fields this year. With no

Great. Now you're going to want another WR next year...

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the new staff to give Fields a chance to succeed. I think of Lovie Smith teams with great D and we thought all we need is a quarterback and we're there. This is looking like more of the same. all D no O.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the Packers won a Superbowl with Brandon Jackson as their starting HB, right?

He ran the ball 6 times in the playoffs because James Starks took over at starter.

But go on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got good solid players. BPA guys. Not need guys. Still happy. It's gonna take 2 or 3 years to fix this mess.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the new staff to give Fields a chance to succeed. I think of Lovie Smith teams with great D and we thought all we need is a quarterback and we're there. This is looking like more of the same. all D no O.

My guess is they think Mooney is gonna be it guy.....

But they draft no offtackles..... ?

Im a little disappointed....as Ive said earlier,we trade up to get Fields to be our savior qb that we have sorely needed since Ive been watching back in 1975,and yet we just ignore the help he sorely needs........wtf is Poles thiinking......??

Im not likiing it....

And another frustrating season coming up.....

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to Fields this year. With no

Great. Now you're going to want another WR next year...
The man is so razzled he can’t keep his thoughts and edits straight. It’s gonna be ok man. We know you are in pain and understand.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the Packers won a Superbowl with Brandon Jackson as their starting HB, right? You know, a guy that would run into the 1 or 2 hole no matter if the guard's ass was there or not? It's still amazing to me that teams can win a Lombardi with just the mere threat of some kind smoke and mirrors of a running game, but if you don't bring the smoke and mirrors you can't get it done. Laugh all you want, but it's the truth... You have to have the threat of a run game or your O can be stopped. You show me how the Packers run game on O got it done it 2010 with Jackson and Starks at RB without ridiculous QB play and I'll blow you...that's just how it is...not threat from the run game means no Lombardi... and that's how it is
Of all my posts to get somebody going…Sad thing is that it was a joke about how the Bears used Corradelle Patterson. Aint nobody talkin bout the Packers or Brandon Jackson…You need to eat some broccoli or something.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done some research on these guys:

Kyler Gordon - Seems like a guy that was highly rated by Poles and was surprised Gordon dropped. Too talented to pass up.

Jaquan Brisker - Physical and versatile guy that'll let Jackson roam more. Lacks top end speed.

Velus Jones Jr - 25 year old rookie and a complete head scratcher of a pick.

I can give Poles a pass on Gordon and maybe Brisker but Jones was a complete waste of a pick. Given a choice, i do tend to favor defense over offense however to not give Fields protection is stupid. We don't have a 4th round pick so i guess Poles is relying on a couple 5th rounders to hopefully help?