• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it high risk? They gave up an unknown pick, a player that was said to be under a bad contract and DFS. So if Kyrie walks then the only real asset they lost was DFS and they will have $20M+ in cap space. I think Cuban made this deal bc he seems it as low risk-high reward.

What options do they have if it blows up to add players to keep Luka happy? The risk is mostly with Kyrie himself.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers had gotten him, they would've only been giving up rotation pieces and draft picks (which is largely why they DIDN'T get him, along with being Kyrie's preferred destination). If you're referring to me as blasting the Mavs, my main argument was that they would've been better off keeping Brunson this summer (and still having the other pcs traded for Irving). Of course it's a good move to get Kyrie now, but it isn't without it's (obvious) risks. Gotta keep Luka happy, but this is a pretty volatile way to go about that.
You didn’t get him because Tsai had zero interest in sending him to the Lakers without a massive overpay.

You were never really in the race because you had no path to meet their requirement.

They wanted 3 firsts to take CP3 and would not take Westbrook back under any circumstances.

The Nets, rather than trading with Phoenix or the Lakers, ultimately came away with the two Mavericks they wanted most and a better win-now duo than L.A. could offer: Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith. The Nets also succeeded, as one source close to the process put it, in meeting one of the presumed objectives held by team owner Joe Tsai by sending Irving somewhere other than the Lakers — his preferred destination.

12 hours ago – via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you thought wrong…..which is why I said they won’t.

You we’re off by almost 10 million.

That is a significant difference.

Hoopshype and Sprotrac are your friends.
Found this....
Screenshot_20230206-085929.png

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What options do they have if it blows up to add players to keep Luka happy? The risk is mostly with Kyrie himself.
21 million doesn’t go very far when trying to replace a Star player.

But, they can still sign and trade him to recoup assets.

That is Kyrie’s easiest path to getting paid by a contending team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could create…

In the range of…

By renouncing, waiving not picking up options on everyone, including Woods and Kyrie.

…..which they won’t do.

Cant sign and trade them after renouncing them.

They would have 21 million in cap space if he walks.

Its ok to be wrong.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 million doesn’t go very far when trying to replace a Star player.

But, they can still sign and trade him to recoup assets.

That is Kyrie’s easiest path to getting paid by a contending team.

So, if he comes out and says he wants an S&T to the Lakers (his reported preference prior to the trade) next season, that won't work (unless the Lakers get some assets before the trade deadline). Other teams should have better luck, but where does Kyrie want to be if not Dallas? Maybe Kyrie comes to the realization that he's best off taking an extension where he is (if he hasn't worn out his welcome already).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if he comes out and says he wants an S&T to the Lakers (his reported preference prior to the trade) next season, that won't work (unless the Lakers get some assets before the trade deadline). Other teams should have better luck, but where does Kyrie want to be if not Dallas? Maybe Kyrie comes to the realization that he's best off taking an extension where he is (if he hasn't worn out his welcome already).
Right.

Plus, it would trigger the hard cap, which is a bigger issue.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob just needs to call Indy and see what it would take to pry Hield from them.....and be done....
Buddy, Beasley….

If I were the Lakers, I would backdoor the Clippers if they try to use RoCo or Kennard in a trade for a pg.

If we get Conley, Jazz could reroute RoCo and one of Kennard/ Beasley to the Lakers.

I don’t see why they would keep 2 of the 3.