• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't Cam's first good game. He has struggled to get PT with Irving, Curry and even Mills at times. Although Mills hasn't been used as much this season.
Irving shouldn't affect his minutes, and Dinwiddie will get Irving's minutes moving forward. Any other players blocking his minutes are coaching decisions (and still on the roster too).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving has done it before.

And let's not act they won't pass to each other when the other is doubled.

Sure, but you're losing a little of what each brings to the table and wants to do naturally by making one play off the ball. At the very least though, they can gain some of that back by staggering their minutes, having at least one of them on the court at all times.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving shouldn't affect his minutes, and Dinwiddie will get Irving's minutes moving forward. Any other players blocking his minutes are coaching decisions (and still on the roster too).
Argue all you want but Cam is a nice young player....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argue all you want but Can is a nice young player....

I never said he wasn't. I just don't know that replacing Kyrie with Dinwiddie is the opportunity for him to emerge yet. He only seems to have blow up games when the team is short-handed so far this year. But he can still grow and have a lot of value without those blow ups. Once KD gets back on the court, his usage will drop back down as well.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he wasn't. I just don't know that replacing Kyrie with Dinwiddie is the opportunity for him to emerge yet. He only seems to have blow up games when the team is short-handed so far this year. But he can still grow and have a lot of value without those blow ups. Once KD gets back on the court, his usage will drop back down as well.
Look at Cam's efficiency in that game. He took a lot of shots but he was making most of them.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only thinking is they don't want Chris Paul's contract. That Suns deal would probably give them a better shot THIS year but then you're stuck paying a ton of money to CP3. It's either that or maybe the Suns was Kyrie's #2 choice and Joe Tsai wanted to fuck him over again since he already denied sending him to the Lakers (Kyrie's #1).

Still, I would have taken the Suns deal

Paul has only 15m guaranteed left

They could’ve stretched him after this season and paid him 3m per year

It’s a very easy out

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s a very easy out

Nets likely wanted someone with more time left. Keeping Durant healthy has to extend beyond the next few months.

There was also some talk that Tsai didn't want to send Kyrie to a perceived top contender either. Not sure why he undervalued the Mavs, but maybe?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, but the downgrade at PG may just mean less efficiency and more defensive attention to Cam? Tough to gleam too much from his scoring outburst vs the Wiz, since Sumner also had a breakout performance in that game. The two took more than half the Nets shots combined. He should get more focus now, and the Nets have been bringing him along slowly. Will be interesting to see.

That game on Saturday was made for Cam. He is a ball hog so no KD or Kyrie gave him the green light to shoot all game which he did. He is nothing special in the normal flow of a basketball game. Far from a team player

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its probably been said a lot but the problem with Kyrie in my eyes is he doesn't win or elevate his teams other than next to a prime Lebron. Everywhere he went the team seemed mediocre, The Celtics got better without him, so did the Cavs, he made the Nets a living nightmare for management. I would say that for Dallas this could be a win because it is difficult for them to acquire other all star level talent as a 2nd tier city.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its probably been said a lot but the problem with Kyrie in my eyes is he doesn't win or elevate his teams other than next to a prime Lebron. Everywhere he went the team seemed mediocre, The Celtics got better without him, so did the Cavs, he made the Nets a living nightmare for management. I would say that for Dallas this could be a win because it is difficult for them to acquire other all star level talent as a 2nd tier city.
Yep.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thing is, if it goes bad? They could lose Luka. DFS was a pretty tough piece to give up.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game on Saturday was made for Cam. He is a ball hog so no KD or Kyrie gave him the green light to shoot all game which he did. He is nothing special in the normal flow of a basketball game. Far from a team player

They turned down a first for him this summer, supposedly.

Sure could use that right now

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s a very easy out

The whole trade was weird.

The Nets seemed to be having a quiet season and would have been a threat to come out of the East...then Kyrie suddenly decides it's time to try to negotiate a new deal.

Then Tsai makes it weirder by appearing to be more interested in sticking it to Kyrie than doing what was best for his team. Can't win titles operating like that.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3