• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they can still be a contender. Not a clear cut one, but one that could still make the Finals under the right circumstances. It depends on the health of Durant. He was playing at an all world top 5 player level before he got hurt. If he can get back to that, you've got a puncher's chance because he is surrounded by a very nice compliment of role players. No clear cut #2s (unless Simmons ever returns to form but I'm not holding my breath) but a bunch solid starter level players. And you can't discount the fact that all of Kyrie's teams got better once he left. There's still a path here.
Yeah, Simmons is the clearcut PG now that Irving is gone.

Their record is too good for them to just miss out on the playoffs.....if they slip to the playin? Thet still have a shot at the playoffs with a healthy KD and once the playoffs start......KD keeps them in a series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name the last premier free agent they signed.

I will wait.

I didn’t say they have signed one.

I said there is no reason why they couldn’t.

GS never got one until they did.

You saying this like they are Utah or something. Dallas is an attractive market.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Simmons is the clearcut PG now that Irving is gone.

Their record is too good for them to just miss out on the playoffs.....if they slip to the playin? Thet still have a shot at the playoffs with a healthy KD and once the playoffs start......KD keeps them in a series.

Simmons has been the pg and he isn’t even playing currently.

When he does, they sit his ass in the 4th because he won’t shoot.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keyrie played 150 games in 4 seasons…

Bout 38 games a year…

Lol, guys a f n genius

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons has been the pg and he isn’t even playing currently.

When he does, they sit his ass in the 4th because he won’t shoot.
I’m telling you…the only thing that can save Ben is Tobias Harris. He’s actually a dude he played his best minutes in Philly with and Tobias has an old man Methuselah presence that has connected well with Ben. Morey has to be selling that shit this summer to use Tobias expiring to add from that roster.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they can still be a contender. Not a clear cut one, but one that could still make the Finals under the right circumstances. It depends on the health of Durant. He was playing at an all world top 5 player level before he got hurt. If he can get back to that, you've got a puncher's chance because he is surrounded by a very nice compliment of role players. No clear cut #2s (unless Simmons ever returns to form but I'm not holding my breath) but a bunch solid starter level players. And you can't discount the fact that all of Kyrie's teams got better once he left. There's still a path here.

I just don't see how Durant can carry this team past the Bucks or Celtics or Sixers in the playoffs. I guess if there are a bunch of injuries it's possible. I can't think of a single team that has ever won a title with one All-Star level player on their team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody want to wager?

I am down.
No pts, I will take the Mavs.

You have clearly missed the Clippers in the 4th quarter of games.

Only team I am always confident we will beat is yours.

Reggie Jackson is hot garbage most games.

Dude has been a DNP and virtually unplayable.

But, he is a savage against the Lakers.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pts, I will take the Mavs.

You have clearly missed the Clippers in the 4th quarter of games.

Only team I am always confident we will beat is yours.

Reggie Jackson is hot garbage most games.

Dude has been a DNP and virtually unplayable.

But, he is a savage against the Lakers.
N M

I want pts

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how Durant can carry this team past the Bucks or Celtics or Sixers in the playoffs. I guess if there are a bunch of injuries it's possible. I can't think of a single team that has ever won a title with one All-Star level player on their team.
We have already seen him try.

Damn near got thru the East.

But, KD ran out of gas.

He’s even older now.

I don’t see it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m telling you…the only thing that can save Ben is Tobias Harris. He’s actually a dude he played his best minutes in Philly with and Tobias has an old man Methuselah presence that has connected well with Ben. Morey has to be selling that shit this summer to use Tobias expiring to add from that roster.

Simmons can only save himself. He's got to accept that he must improve at shooting, particularly free throw shooting. Otherwise he's a non-factor in the playoffs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can still make deals from here. They need KD to be KD, for Cam Thomas to get more run and give them 16-20 a game. Get Downhill and Aggressive Ben Simmons that can get guys like Curry Joe Harris and Royce ONeal open looks. In that best case scenario, I can see them Eastern Conference Finals. They can likely beat one of Celtics Bucks Sixers in a series but not 2 out of 3.