• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier is a much smarter trade.

Better defender and not much worse offensively. Will have no issue bring #3.

Irving ? No way he happy with being #3 on offense....
Absolutely.

You think he’s taking a backseat to PG?

Shit, the guy who should be taking a backseat is Kawhi.

Rest your goddamn leg and stop bricking because you are pressing.

But, for GAWD SAKE….

Please, take the ball out of George’s turnover prone hands.

He is not a pg.

He does not make great late game decisions.

* whimpers Conley’s name *

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

You think he’s taking a backseat to PG?

Shit, the guy who should be taking a backseat is Kawhi.

Rest your goddamn leg and stop bricking because you are pressing.

But, for GAWD SAKE….

Please, take the ball out of George’s turnover prone hands.

He is not a pg.

He does not make great late game decisions.

* whimpers Conley’s name *
The more you talk Conley the more I’m coming around on it. Conley can still get to the rim on dribble drive and that’s what the Clippers need. They are best when they’re chucking 3s off dribble penetration .

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Mavs, are we confident adding Irving for sure helps? As great as Luka is, not sure he is the easiest guy to build around. His usage rate has always been off the charts and I’m not sure it will change regardless.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier is a much smarter trade.

Better defender and not much worse offensively. Will have no issue bring #3.

Irving ? No way he happy with being #3 on offense....
Rozier is a nice player but there are better teams in the west after that trade. LA goes to #1 adding Kyrie.

I would tell Kyrie we will give you 4 years then you tell the Nets you are only giving up one 1st. You gain leverage…well maybe. The Nets can sit him all season but they won’t gain anything from that. If no other teams are offering 4 years, Kyrie will refuse to play

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more you talk Conley the more I’m coming around on it. Conley can still get to the rim on dribble drive and that’s what the Clippers need. They are best when they’re chucking 3s off dribble penetration .
@The Q sold me on it months ago.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue with Ben is he’s one a super max deal so he can’t go to other super max teams (dumb rule, but a rule)

Clearing the decks might let them start over

Hollinger doesn’t think they’d get anything for Simmons for clearing out both to get unprotected laker picks might ne the way to go

Marks is one of the few gms who might be able to stick around that long and use them

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a pair of orange Starbury’s….lol

I got Shaq dunkman’s in college…they didn’t last that long

Like a year or two

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they make the Kyrie move I would put them at 50/50 being a real contender because of the high risk in AD or LeBron getting injured by the time April and May roll around.
Full potential they are top 2 in the west. When AD is off the floor they can still win games unlike when they had Russ

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Mavs, are we confident adding Irving for sure helps? As great as Luka is, not sure he is the easiest guy to build around. His usage rate has always been off the charts and I’m not sure it will change regardless.
I think it would be an awful move for Dallas

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do.

But, a calculated risk.

My Guy, it’s Kyrie Irving.

He is blowing up a contender because he wants a ironclad contract that does not hold him accountable for the duration.

He is saying NO STIPULATIONS.

ZERO.

Fuck that.

He might be the best talent available.

But, he isn’t the ONLY ONE.

Lakers fucked themselves by not doing the Indy deal.

Utah, Charlotte are still in play.

Lesser, sure.

But, Conley, Vanderbilt, Beasley addresses all their needs without bringing in a malcontent.

Yep, it also seems that if he were willing to take 2 years, the trade is likelly already done or well on its way to being done.

Even 2 years is risky because it could be a bigger disaster than Westbrook if Lebron's Jedi mind tricks don't work anymore. It's been a long time since they've been on the same team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it also seems that if he were willing to take 2 years, the trade is likelly already done or well on its way to being done.

Even 2 years is risky because it could be a bigger disaster than Westbrook if Lebron's Jedi mind tricks don't work anymore. It's been a long time since they've been on the same team.
Everything is going to be a risk when Kyrie enters the building. The equipment staff washes one sock instead of two…he is out.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full potential they are top 2 in the west. When AD is off the floor they can still win games unlike when they had Russ
If they have all 3, I’d say they’re maybe the best in the West. The West isn’t that good. But with Kyrie plus only 1 of AD or LeBron I put them about 6th or 7th behind Denver Phoenix Memphis (healthy Zion) Pels, (healthy) Clippers for sure and maybe Warriors if they can right the ship

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giving Irving a full max deal with no stipulations is simply not something a GM can explain to ownership I don’t think

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have all 3, I’d say they’re maybe the best in the West. The West isn’t that good. But with Kyrie plus only 1 of AD or LeBron I put them about 6th or 7th behind Denver Phoenix Memphis (healthy Zion) Pels, (healthy) Clippers for sure and maybe Warriors if they can right the ship
I mean to win it all they need all 3 but right now they have no chance.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree but even with all this is a golden opportunity for LA. You can turn Russ and picks into the best 3rd option in the NBA. Rob can make up for the Russ move and more with one trade. The Lakers have limited assets and this is away to maximize those. They now have less cap this offseason with the Rui trade, it’s unlikely they can sign another somewhat big name. I understand there is risk, a ton of risk, but there was risk with the Russ move. They shit the bed. If Rob doesn’t make a move he is going to be in the same place he is now…not contending.
Kyrie is a high end talent.

Gives them ball handling, scoring and a legit 3 pt threat.

Mike Conley gives them ball handling, high IQ, no drama.

Beasley gives them shooting.

Vanderbuilt gives them a raw. But, athletic wing defender.

@WiggyRuss always says you don’t trade a dollar for 4 quarters.

I mostly agree.

But, the Lakers are in this situation MORE because of the structure of the contract, than how Westbrook has performed.

If he was on a 15 mil per deal, he would have been traded 3 months into LAST Season.

They would be locking themselves into the same kinda fuckery if Kyrie decides to go all Adolf Hitler again.

Who do you see eating 4 years of his petulance at 40 mil plus per Season?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Khris Middleton type of player is what Luka needs added to Wood. A guy that doesn’t always need the ball in his hands, he can score, shoot and defend. Adding Kyrie just adds drama in Dallas
Those guys really are few and far between and hard to find.