• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nets truly think they are title contenders then the can't trade Kyrie.

I also don't get why any team would trade assets to get Kyrie.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nets truly think they are title contenders then the can't trade Kyrie.

I also don't get why any team would trade assets to get Kyrie.
If they want something in return for him bc he is walking in the offseason.

Agree on your second point, seems extremely risky

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, he ain't lying. He's a pretty shitty teammate. Pretty much every year since he requested to be traded from Cleveland there's something constantly coming from him that's disruptive. You can put up all the stats you want on court but that kind of shit is toxic. There's a reason none of his teams have hit their ceilings.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want something in return for him bc he is walking in the offseason.

Agree on your second point, seems extremely risky

Except that any realistic landing spot would likely require a sign and trade since he wants a max deal. Not many teams that can sign Kyrie to space and I doubt that the ones that can are all that keen on bringing in someone like Kyrie.

It just seems to me that any realistic trade deal involving Kyrie will, at least on paper, make the Nets demonstrably worse. And moving Kyrie will most likely piss off KD. So then it is time to blow it all up. Starting with firing Sean Marks.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he ain't lying. He's a pretty shitty teammate. Pretty much every year since he requested to be traded from Cleveland there's something constantly coming from him that's disruptive. You can put up all the stats you want on court but that kind of shit is toxic. There's a reason none of his teams have hit their ceilings.
Hit a pretty good ceiling with the Cavs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The funny thing is in Kyrie's mind he's never done anything wrong.

Since leaving the Cavs what has he won, one playoff series?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but they would still need to trade Lowry and then work a long-term deal with Kyrie.
If all they lose is Herro and Lowry and use that money to pay Kyrie, that's a risk they might need to take. Big talent upgrade, only the Kyrie asshole risk (admittedly a big risk) but the hope would be the Heat 'culture' and vets could keep him in line for at least long enough to win a ring.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have to be Lowry also to match salaries.

Herro's extension kicks in next season.
I doubt they'd miss Lowry.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that any realistic landing spot would likely require a sign and trade since he wants a max deal. Not many teams that can sign Kyrie to space and I doubt that the ones that can are all that keen on bringing in someone like Kyrie.

It just seems to me that any realistic trade deal involving Kyrie will, at least on paper, make the Nets demonstrably worse. And moving Kyrie will most likely piss off KD. So then it is time to blow it all up. Starting with firing Sean Marks.
Marks is arguably one of the best GMs in the game. Dude has handled the biggest bunch of team killers ever and kept it competitive.

His biggest blunder was hiring Nash.