• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is a foul everytime lol.

If you could defend this way then all the attacking players will never get ft attempts. Those hands are brought down and this should be a foul 100% of the time no matter the time.

It’s a foul.

Defender didn’t go straight up

But he also 100% traveled before that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So - halfway point review- teams over the Cavs- Celtics, Nets, Bucks are def. the class of the East.

Cavs currently tied for 3rd/4th.

competition is going to be-

Philly
Indiana
NYK
Heat
Bulls
Hawks
maybe Raptors if they get their crap together- but Cavs already have a 8.5 game lead on them.....

would be awesome to get home court- or at least get in that 4/5 matchup.

+4.9 point differential which is tied for 2nd in the NBA

Advanced metrics and standard metrics have the Cavs at - somewhere between the #1 and #3 defense in the NBA.

The good:
Mitchell looks like a 2nd level MVP Candidate- and has played great.
Mobley and Allen are anchoring a very good defense
Bickerstaff has done a pretty good job pushing the right buttons
pretty good shooting- 7th in FG% and 11th in 3PT%

The bad:
Garland and Mitchell still need time to iron out some issues
the 3 position has been inconsistent (though LeVert and Okoro have been playing better lately)
they have blown some games because of lack of concentration and focus- they definitely have lapses.
I think they get stagnant on offense sometimes and run and dont use the big men as much as they should.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you could defend this way then all the attacking players will never get ft attempts. Those hands are brought down and this should be a foul 100% of the time no matter the time.

He wasn't going straight up. Easy call.

I didn't notice the travel, I guess I was just focused on the defender

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So - halfway point review- teams over the Cavs- Celtics, Nets, Bucks are def. the class of the East.

Cavs currently tied for 3rd/4th.

competition is going to be-

Philly
Indiana
NYK
Heat
Bulls
Hawks
maybe Raptors if they get their crap together- but Cavs already have a 8.5 game lead on them.....

would be awesome to get home court- or at least get in that 4/5 matchup.

+4.9 point differential which is tied for 2nd in the NBA

Advanced metrics and standard metrics have the Cavs at - somewhere between the #1 and #3 defense in the NBA.

The good:
Mitchell looks like a 2nd level MVP Candidate- and has played great.
Mobley and Allen are anchoring a very good defense
Bickerstaff has done a pretty good job pushing the right buttons
pretty good shooting- 7th in FG% and 11th in 3PT%

The bad:
Garland and Mitchell still need time to iron out some issues
the 3 position has been inconsistent (though LeVert and Okoro have been playing better lately)
they have blown some games because of lack of concentration and focus- they definitely have lapses.
I think they get stagnant on offense sometimes and run and dont use the big men as much as they should.
I will add one more bad. Opponents 3 pt % has been outrageous. At this point it doesn't matter if they are covered or open. Every team seems to shoot ridiculous from 3 and that will come back to haunt them. There was a ridiculous stat about uncovered 3's. Opponents shoot like 65% against CLE but the league average is like 35%.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like TJ12 said....we may not need Turner now with the way Bryant is playing....

I remember getting laughed at when I suggested that months ago. Turner is a big risk without an extension, and does it make sense to spend a 1st to get him for what could amount to a rental?

Are the Jazz going to keep pushing or sell? Beasley, Alexander-Walker and Vanderbilt could be great fits that could be retained and be part of the core moving forward. Conley could be a short term fit at the point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the wiz should consider a beal trade

But they won’t

I wish the Lakers would give up on this third star concept. It would leave them with nothing else on the roster essentially and this same pattern of reloading with vet min prove it players that you lose if they do "prove it".

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Lakers would give up on this third star concept. It would leave them with nothing else on the roster essentially and this same pattern of reloading with vet min prove it players that you lose if they do "prove it".

Not if they made the trade now

They’d still have bird rights to keep reaves, Bryant and walker

If they wait for the summer, they will have additional challenges

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron talking out of both corners of his mouth as usual. "you know what the fuck should be happening" - "im not losing my patience".

unreal.

His whole FA career has been structured with short term deals to allow him to apply pressure to the front office for moves. Why anyone is surprised about it now is confusing.

I just wonder what moves he is expecting. Who is he OK with losing? Russ? Not so sure with how he has played. Probably would be fine with moving Bev I assume...? It's all about those picks to move the salaries that are expendable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they made the trade now

They’d still have bird rights to keep reaves, Bryant and walker

If they wait for the summer, they will have additional challenges

No Bird rights on Bryant or Walker, they were 1 year FA signings this summer. For Reaves they have some protection from the Arenas provision.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His whole FA career has been structured with short term deals to allow him to apply pressure to the front office for moves. Why anyone is surprised about it now is confusing.

I just wonder what moves he is expecting. Who is he OK with losing? Russ? Not so sure with how he has played. Probably would be fine with moving Bev I assume...? It's all about those picks to move the salaries that are expendable.

They could use Russ’s salary. 2 firsts and like 4-5 seconds and probably come away with beal and Conley if they really wanted to

The hard part is turning nunn and Jones and remaining seconds into a 3/4

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Bird rights on Bryant or Walker, they were 1 year FA signings this summer. For Reaves they have some protection from the Arenas provision.

They can still give them a moderate bump in salary.

But yeah those 3 have a 12m cap hold as well. So that 32m in cap space is 20 just off them

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Jimmy leaves his feet before the defender does. It’s impossible for position to be established for him to create verticality. He’s not vertical. He’s coming forward. And you already pointed out the arms don’t stay straight up.