• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally yes

89%

But I have watched Curry miss 2 in a row too.

And I don’t care what level. Of course NBA players are going to be better than high school and college players at FTs. But they will still miss sometimes. Some more than others.

I was a very good FT shooter when I played, but that is such a small and relatively insignificant part of the game when you consider everything a player has to do to contribute positively on the court.

You want guys to be good at FTs. Of course. But there is so much these guys need to do to prepare for games and so little practice time in an NBA season.

Not on the coach. Practicing FTs is something a dedicated player does in his own time.

And even then. Giannis practices FTs a lot and he still sucks at them. Some guys just never get it.
You’re an apologist…

These guys are pros and are expected to perform in all settings..

Missing some foul shots are expected in tight situations no matter the name on back of the jersey.

But there is no excuse to miss so many at any points of game esp early on. ALL Knick players are doing this on a consistent basis.

AND it could be worse. this rarely includes the worst FT shooter on team , Mitchell Robinson . If he was getting to line Knicks FT % would be well below 50%.

That is on the players yes, but reflective of coach.

That is fact .

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re an apologist…

These guys are pros and are expected to perform in all settings..

Missing some foul shots are expected in tight situations no matter the name on back of the jersey.

But there is no excuse to miss so many at any points of game esp early on. ALL Knick players are doing this on a consistent basis.

AND it could be worse. this rarely includes the worst FT shooter on team , Mitchell Robinson . If he was getting to line Knicks FT % would be well below 50%.

That is on the players yes, but reflective of coach.

That is fact .

I am not an apologist at all. I am a realist.

You could field a team with a bunch of 90% FT shooters but it wouldn’t matter because they would get destroyed with speed and strength.

Lots of guys can make free throws, but it takes a special combination of skill and athleticism to be good enough to consistently draw fouls at the NBA level.

But I don’t know why I am even discussing this with you. You are the guy who thinks NBA players don’t work on their game.

I have worked with enough basketball players to know this as fact.

Some people, even super athletic ones, simply lack fine motor coordination to ever be a great or even good FT shooter.

Time and reps can make anyone better, but some just never going to get to a high level.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could field a team with a bunch of 90% FT shooters but it wouldn’t matter because they would get destroyed with speed and strength.

Lots of guys can make free throws, but it takes a special combination of skill and athleticism to be good enough to consistently draw fouls at the NBA level.

But I don’t know why I am even discussing this with you. You are the guy who thinks NBA players don’t work on their game.

Some people, even super athletic ones, simply lack fine motor coordination to ever be a great or even good FT shooter.

Time and reps can make anyone better, but some just never going to get to a high level.
Speaking of free throw shooting what Shai is doing this year is definitely not common. He was a career 80 percent shooter before this season. This season he leads the league at over 90 percent. He says he is focusing more on the importance of each and every free throw.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it for a fact Cause I saw it first hand how the big boys train , although it was baseball , the blue print for success is the same . Haha

Anyway, there is a reason why the big boys are separated from the minors, cause they don’t want you to see exactly how they train.

The Cubs training facility in Scottsdale had a problem and had to come use ours for the day. We were in Mesa

Every Cubs coach in the system lined up on the first base side so we couldn’t look over to see what they were doing.

We saw , and now I know why they didn’t want us seeing. They ran if they wanted to run. They were making commercials. They were doing everything but working on their game.

If you want to know why they have so many injuries early on , mostly muscle/tendon issues, that’s one of the reasons.

And that was years ago, nowadays they watch even less. They work on even less.

How is it you only here of a few players named in all major sports that actually have an incredible work ethic.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it for a fact Cause I saw it first hand how the big boys train , although it was baseball , the blue print for success is the same . Haha

Anyway, there is a reason why the big boys are separated from the minors, cause they don’t want you to see exactly how they train.

The Cubs training facility in Scottsdale had a problem and had to come use ours for the day. We were in Mesa

Every Cubs coach in the system lined up on the first base side so we couldn’t look over to see what they were doing.

We saw , and now I know why they didn’t want us seeing. They ran if they wanted to run. They were making commercials. They were doing everything but working on their game.

If you want to know why they have so many injuries early on , mostly muscle/tendon issues, that’s one of the reasons.

And that was years ago, nowadays they watch even less. They work on even less.

How is it you only here of a few players named in all major sports that actually have an incredible work ethic.

Because your perception is just unbelievably wrong
Yes, there are NBA players who don’t work hard on their games.

But that is such a small minority.

NBA basketball is a job people would kill to have. It pays millions of dollars and provides fame and a glamorous lifestyle. It is one of the most competitive professions in the entire world.

And the fact that you actually believe that because pro baseball players from the 70s didn’t work hard that is how it is for NBA players today?

Is just incredibly foolish.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And could still easily be over a month, even if back in January. I hope he is back, but it could still be season ending easily. Stress fracture of the foot sounds pretty bad to me.

Last night I heard it referred to as a "stress injury". That would seem to be not as bad as a stress fracture and would fit with re-evaluating in 7-10 days.

Agree with you though, could easily end up being more than a month. Especially if it's not just about pain tolerance and playing on it could actually make it worse.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I heard it referred to as a "stress injury". That would seem to be not as bad as a stress fracture and would fit with re-evaluating in 7-10 Days
Exactly.

But, people refuse to listen because they have an agenda.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,250.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact the pain has subsided indicates it isn't a stress fracture....if he had a stress fracture the pain wouldn't have subsided so quickly.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Agenda? No agenda here, but I can read and I know the history. You realize the same info you are referencing was announcing he is out indefinitely right?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact the pain has subsided indicates it isn't a stress fracture....if he had a stress fracture the pain wouldn't have subsided so quickly.
Not necessarily. If a person is committed to getting completely off it and resting the foot the pain of a stress fracture could subside depending upon the area and extent of the fracture.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of free throw shooting what Shai is doing this year is definitely not common. He was a career 80 percent shooter before this season. This season he leads the league at over 90 percent. He says he is focusing more on the importance of each and every free throw.

Yeah, it is.

At the same time though, he was always a good FT shooter.

Going from good to great is something that happens for players who work hard on their games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Who here has an agenda?

The Laker fan?

Or the neutral fans who all seem to agree that you are being overly optimistic reading the same info we have all seen?