• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact the pain has subsided indicates it isn't a stress fracture....if he had a stress fracture the pain wouldn't have subsided so quickly.

Not necessarily. If it were a slight fracture, the pain could subside fairly quickly. But you still wouldn't want him playing on it as that could make it worse.

If memory serves, that's what happened to Kevin McHale. Had a stress fracture in his foot that he kept playing on because it was the playoffs and it just kept getting worse. He never completely recovered from it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agenda? No agenda here, but I can read and I know the history. You realize the same info you are referencing was announcing he is out indefinitely right?

When AD got hurt, it was announced he was expected to miss AT LEAST a month.

Yesterday the report was that he would be re-evaluated in 7-10 days.

DJ is thinking that means he has a chance to resume playing in 10 days.

The way I read that makes it seem like they will determine whether or not he needs surgery in 10 days.

Not that he will be ready to return then.

If he is back by February 1 Lakers are coming out ahead on this.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,917.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way I read that makes it seem like they will determine whether or not he needs surgery in 10 days.

I think that is exactly what they are saying, it could be 50/50 on the surgery thing at this point. I don’t blame him for trying to be optimistic, but it said what it said.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard 7-10 days yesterday, but there was no mention of surgery. Which would also tend to show it's not a fracture. Seems more like they will be checking how much it has healed, pain level, etc.

I'd be surprised if he is re-evaluated and cleared to play. As you mentioned up thread, this kind of injury can linger. I'd expect that they would play it safe so this doesn't turn into something that has him in and out of the lineup for the rest of the season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @Lebron's shoe costing the Lakers the game last night.
Rory McIlroy hasn’t been the same guy since he started using Nike equipment. Maybe you’re on to something.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened?
His shoe just fell off why he was driving to the basket. Somehow he still got it to a wide open Schroder but of course he missed the shot to win the game

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because your perception is just unbelievably wrong
Yes, there are NBA players who don’t work hard on their games.

But that is such a small minority.

NBA basketball is a job people would kill to have. It pays millions of dollars and provides fame and a glamorous lifestyle. It is one of the most competitive professions in the entire world.

And the fact that you actually believe that because pro baseball players from the 70s didn’t work hard that is how it is for NBA players today?

Is just incredibly foolish.
What the…

I ain’t 70 years old bruh

If you think it’s a minority of players in NBA , more delusions

What happens at any job if the boss ain’t watchin ?

These guys are not putting emphasis on shootin foul shots. period .

Cmon , you’re a coach, don’t you tell your kids what you do in practice you do in game?

How can you be such a hypocrite. You say in another post a player went from 80% to 90% cause he worked on it.

Again, these are pro athletes, ummm, you don’t even have to be a pro to be a good FT shooter. That’s what is so got dang frustrating, and why they call them a fundamental part of a game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the…

I ain’t 70 years old bruh

If you think it’s a minority of players in NBA , more delusions

What happens at any job if the boss ain’t watchin ?

These guys are not putting emphasis on shootin foul shots. period .

Cmon , you’re a coach, don’t you tell your kids what you do in practice you do in game?

How can you be such a hypocrite. You say in another post a player went from 80% to 90% cause he worked on it.

Again, these are pro athletes, ummm, you don’t even have to be a pro to be a good FT shooter. That’s what is so got dang frustrating, and why they call them a fundamental part of a game.

You never played in the NBA.

You don’t know what these guys do.

And yes, getting to the NBA is FAR more competitive than getting to MLB. Not even close.

There are about half the roster spots available and more players competing for those spots.

And no, you don’t have to be a pro to be a good FT shooter. But not all pros even have the capability to be good FT shooters. There is fine motor there that some people just don’t have.

And yes, I used to coach. For many years.

So much to work on in practice. Time is limited. If y out over-invest in FTs you do it at the expense of other more important things.

Because for most guys?

The work required to go from 80% - 90% isn’t worth it. That time is better invested in other skills.

I could shoot very well. I spent hours shooting FTs and 3s every day. Was always the best shooter on every team I played on.

But in hindsight, if I had spent more time working on ball handling and other skills and less time working on shooting, I would have been a much better player overall.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never played in the NBA.

You don’t know what these guys do.

And yes, getting to the NBA is FAR more competitive than getting to MLB. Not even close.

There are about half the roster spots available and more players competing for those spots.

And no, you don’t have to be a pro to be a good FT shooter. But not all pros even have the capability to be good FT shooters. There is fine motor there that some people just don’t have.

And yes, I used to coach. For many years.

So much to work on in practice. Time is limited. If y out over-invest in FTs you do it at the expense of other more important things.

Because for most guys?

The work required to go from 80% - 90% isn’t worth it. That time is better invested in other skills.

I could shoot very well. I spent hours shooting FTs and 3s every day. Was always the best shooter on every team I played on.

But in hindsight, if I had spent more time working on ball handling and other skills and less time working on shooting, I would have been a much better player overall.
These days you got a pretty good idea of what goes on in practice. Much more transparency then back when.

And yes I agree there is limited time, and that’s exactly my argument. They are supposed to do it on their time , pretty sure the facility is at their disposal!!!! Clearly, they are not. I guarantee you after last nights loss thibs will be on it!

How were your lateral skills?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full disclosure: I got talked into belting out the Jewish Elvis and I did Neil Diamond Cracklin’ Rosie. I was pretty drunk myself.
That's actually a really good song

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of free throw shooting what Shai is doing this year is definitely not common. He was a career 80 percent shooter before this season. This season he leads the league at over 90 percent. He says he is focusing more on the importance of each and every free throw.
He is just an all around player.

When he starts locking fools down on the regular, and it’s very possible with his length and long ass arms, Bruh….

Kid is just SPECIAL.