• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now, until people really start paying attention
Dude, I’m with you.

But, you overestimate the power of outrage, in this situation.

This has been a active plague for over a decade.

But, guess what?

Viewership is up 20%.

As much as we laugh at how shitty the Lakers and Knicks can be, because of them, ticket sales are up 65% on a few vendor sites.

The NBA Owners will surely try to protect themselves better, like contract addendums on par with Porter Jr and his behavior, Issacs sitting out 2/3 of his deal.

But, there will not be some wide sweeping reckoning.

I think they are far more concerned with stopping players from demanding trades after signing max deals.

RJ hit the nail on the head of the issue of load management and why it’s a problem.

"There are player that are actively deconditioning themselves, making it harder to do 82 games," Jefferson said.
"The load management was not created by players. Hear me out! Load management was not created by the players! It was created by teams, training staff and even some coaches, we'll give Gregg Popovich some of the credit for this. They are giving players days off, time off that truly isn't needed and it allows them to decondition themselves."

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I’m with you.

But, you overestimate the power of outrage, in this situation.

This has been a active plague for over a decade.

But, guess what?

Viewership is up 20%.

As much as we laugh at how shitty the Lakers and Knicks can be, because of them, ticket sales are up 65% on a few vendor sites.

The NBA Owners will surely try to protect themselves better, like contract addendums on par with Porter Jr and his behavior, Issacs sitting out 2/3 of his deal.

But, there will not be some wide sweeping reckoning.

I think they are far more concerned with stopping players from demanding trades after signing max deals.

RJ hit the nail on the head of the issue of load management and why it’s a problem.

The team is being cautious with Isaac

It’s not like he’s choosing to nap

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc is my guy.

But, he and others will be very disappointed if they are expecting the axe to swing.

Unfortunately, lying about , both physical and mental issues, to avoid playing all 82 is here to stay.

Because, it’s not just the players lying.

The teams are doing it too.

Easy fix would be for Owners to insist that their team not load manage.

They aren’t doing that because they don’t actually want too.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc is my guy.

But, he and others will be very disappointed if they are expecting the axe to swing.

Unfortunately, lying about , both physical and mental issues, to avoid playing all 82 is here to stay.

Because, it’s not just the players lying.

The teams are doing it too.

Easy fix would be for Owners to insist that their team not load manage.

They aren’t doing that because they don’t actually want too.

Yeah.

Everyone should be playing when healthy, but even with that rule they’d just make up injuries for guys to sit

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a total plague now days, it seems there are more sitting one end of a back to back than playing.

lol

Lowry is old
Kawhi and Vic are coming off injuries....both may not play both sets of B2B all year

Everyone else out is due to injury

WHat's the issue lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are people at a lot of these teams smart enough to know how horrible of a business model it is, especially with economic conditions in the Country deteriorating. We will see what happens in this next bargaining agreement.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a total plague now days, it seems there are more sitting one end of a back to back than playing.

The first thing to do is get rid of back to back games

And all finals games should have 2 days between them

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are people at a lot of these teams smart enough to know how horrible of a business model it is, especially with economic conditions in the Country deteriorating. We will see what happens in this next bargaining agreement.

forcing players to play does nothing.

A team can dress a player and decide to give him DNP-CD if the nba wants to insist on teams not list a guy out for rest/injury management

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is being cautious with Isaac

It’s not like he’s choosing to nap
Sure.

But, can’t the same be said about Kawhi, Olidipo, Simmons?

What about Zion and Lonzo?

All the guys listed above got flamed and they have actual injuries.

That skinny fucker doesn’t get a pass when by the team, and his own admission, he isn’t injured.

This was BEFORE the season started.

He still has not played.

“I feel fantastic,” Isaac said Monday during Media Day. “I feel the best that I’ve felt through this entire process. I’ve been telling everybody, I’m running, I’m jumping, I’m playing one-on-one, I’m doing all these things and finally, we’re ready to kind of just really start putting it all together and ramping this thing up. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.”

Problem is, Isaac had the same message and tone at 2021 Media Day this time last year. Actions speak louder than words, but there has been little to no action on the court for Isaac and few definitive words when it comes to his recovery from the organization beyond the expected Orlando Magic buzzwords like “ramp up” and “his return to play will depend on how he responds to rehabilitation.”

Problem is, Isaac had more than two year’s worth of time and space. Weltman said there have been no setbacks, yet he still cannot definitively say that Isaac will play this season.

Isaac said there are no more hurdles to clear and he is 100 percent recovered, but there is no specific timeline for his return.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

That skinny fucker doesn’t get a pass when by the team, and his own admission, he isn’t injured.

He still has not played.

“I feel fantastic,” Isaac said Monday during Media Day. “I feel the best that I’ve felt through this entire process. I’ve been telling everybody, I’m running, I’m jumping, I’m playing one-on-one, I’m doing all these things and finally, we’re ready to kind of just really start putting it all together and ramping this thing up. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.”

Problem is, Isaac had the same message and tone at 2021 Media Day this time last year. Actions speak louder than words, but there has been little to no action on the court for Isaac and few definitive words when it comes to his recovery from the organization beyond the expected Orlando Magic buzzwords like “ramp up” and “his return to play will depend on how he responds to rehabilitation.”

Problem is, Isaac had more than two year’s worth of time and space. Weltman said there have been no setbacks, yet he still cannot definitively say that Isaac will play this season.

Isaac said there are no more hurdles to clear and he is 100 percent recovered, but there is no specific timeline for his return.

Yeah. He got hurt again during his ramp up. That’s why they’re cautious

I find him different than teams just resting guys.

Ymmv

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

He still has not played.

Missing 3 seasons for an injury suffered in 2020 is crazy

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just raised ticket prices.

Thats the business model for most companies.

Pass on the costs to the customer.

Sales are up 65%.

So, although they may be genius level, it’s a pretty pedestrian tactic.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So his setback took place back in March but he said this last month

“I’m closer than I’ve ever been,” Issac said to the Orlando Sentinel. “I’ve been playing the last few weeks and just getting in shape. I’m still getting there. But in terms of body, knees, and hamstrings, everything is great. I’m just not in game shape.”

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He got hurt again during his ramp up. That’s why they’re cautious

I find him different than teams just resting guys.

Ymmv
Did he?

Teams are reluctant to divulge injury issues, now more than ever.

So, it’s possible.

But, all I’ve seen is, wtf….he did not suffer another injury.