• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try watching a UConn women’s game where every commentator is shamelessly rooting against them

I experienced this with Syracuse football this year. It seemed like the broadcast of every televised game (home or away) was done by the opposing team's commentators. I know Syracuse is relatively new to the ACC, but they're kinda known for producing famous commentators lol...

Also, I don't if this is shaded by fan bias, but Laker games seem to fairly balanced, whereas other broadcast teams on NBA TV are much more homeristic.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Westbrook rumors have started up again.

As a buyout?

Shit, I‘d take him for free.

Im sure a few teams would.

I wouldn't mind trading him there if Mia included Robinson...I find it hard to believe he forgot how to shoot suddenly. He could be the sniper we need with James and AD.

Plus whatever contracts to make the salaries work.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I experienced this with Syracuse football this year. It seemed like the broadcast of every televised game (home or away) was done by the opposing team's commentators. I know Syracuse is relatively new to the ACC, but they're kinda known for producing famous commentators lol...

Also, I don't if this is shaded by fan bias, but Laker games seem to fairly balanced, whereas other broadcast teams on NBA TV are much more homeristic.

That’s probably why.

Wanted to avoid bias or even perceived bias

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind trading him there if Mia included Robinson...I find it hard to believe he forgot how to shoot suddenly. He could be the sniper we need with James and AD.

Plus whatever contracts to make the salaries work.

Man, that would take 4 or 5 Miami Players unless it was Duncan and Lowry.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs really dropped the ball by not replacing brunson. Need to get Luka some real talent

They traded for him ahead of time with dinwiddie

The issue is they spent all thee other resources at c

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Luka needs more help.
Problem is really nothing they can do at this point. They don't have very good assets, the Dinwiddie and Bertans contracts aren't good and that's what they got in return in the Zinger deal. It's unfortunate

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is really nothing they can do at this point. They don't have very good assets, the Dinwiddie and Bertans contracts aren't good and that's what they got in return in the Zinger deal. It's unfortunate
Luka gonna request a trade in a year or 2.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Poole looking funny in the light since getting the bag
I said at the time...I mean he is a volume shooter that doesn't shoot a great %. I mean they paid him all that money which was essentially 3x or 4x with the luxury tax after shooting 45% and 36% from downtown. You have Steph, Klay and Dray around you, those numbers should look more like Wiggins but that's just who he is...still young and maybe he can grow like Wiggins did but might need a change of scenery. Too late now. I guess they could always flip him to a team that is rebuilding and add some assets with that contract but won't be easy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True....I just checked out the salary cap on the Heat.

I'm just not sure what deal that makes everyone happy is.

Duncan Dipo Martin Dedmon doesn't even get you there, need to add Yvertson in there.

That is....alot.

@bksballer89 does this even help miami in any way?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said at the time...I mean he is a volume shooter that doesn't shoot a great %. I mean they paid him all that money which was essentially 3x or 4x with the luxury tax after shooting 45% and 36% from downtown. You have Steph, Klay and Dray around you, those numbers should look more like Wiggins but that's just who he is...still young and maybe he can grow like Wiggins did but might need a change of scenery. Too late now. I guess they could always flip him to a team that is rebuilding and add some assets with that contract but won't be easy.

Dallas would have a use for him.

They have some expiring deals next summer and could be appealing for everyone.

But his timing was just off, with Klay still there.

Trading him would also give Klay even more leverage.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka gonna request a trade in a year or 2.
He is under contract until 2027. I'm just not sure you can trade a guy with that much value. Kawhi was the only guy and he was injured at the time. KD requested but then never got traded. I would venture to say they get more guys around Luka but it won't be easy and it could be a couple years. Luka isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas would have a use for him.

They have some expiring deals next summer and could be appealing for everyone.

But his timing was just off, with Klay still there.

Trading him would also give Klay even more leverage.
Agree. The problem is back to my point on Dallas, what assets do they have to match the Poole contract and would it even be worth it for GS. Probably would have to be a 3-team deal.