• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not one game. It’s the reality that you can’t ignore the playoff failure and the near 10 PPG drop that occurs. Additionally, read my last post. I really think that the Sixers going forward are all about Morey/Harden. I think they’re going to hire D’Antoni. Embiid can’t play in that system and D’Antoni has no idea what to do with a traditional and elite 5 like Embiid. If they do what I think they’re doing Embiid gets worse not better. Also, coming off of an MVP and the last 3 years this asset is never going to be worth more than it is now. Embiid can fetch one or two young promising players plus 5-6 first round picks. Embiid is getting older and because of his style of play, coupled with injury history, he won’t age well.

I agree entirely about the Morey/Harden/D'Antoni concerns.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwahaha! Why would adding those players help Portland accomplish their goal of Dame staying to compete for a championship? All 3 of those guys looked poor in the playoffs. Yikes.
Gotta be in the right environment. You just have to trust your gut.

I would take Grant as a consolation prize

Dwight Office Tv GIF by The Office

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not one game. It’s the reality that you can’t ignore the playoff failure and the near 10 PPG drop that occurs. Additionally, read my last post. I really think that the Sixers going forward are all about Morey/Harden. I think they’re going to hire D’Antoni. Embiid can’t play in that system and D’Antoni has no idea what to do with a traditional and elite 5 like Embiid. If they do what I think they’re doing Embiid gets worse not better. Also, coming off of an MVP and the last 3 years this asset is never going to be worth more than it is now. Embiid can fetch one or two young promising players plus 5-6 first round picks. Embiid is getting older and because of his style of play, coupled with injury history, he won’t age well.
If this is true then I was right all along. Simmons shouldn't have been traded for Harden. Simmons should have been hung from William Penn's hat.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a LOT of interest in Reid across the league I would think.
And why do the Cavs want yet another Big when they’re trying to figure out how to play Allen/Mobley together right now anyway?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redick preaching

Has to get more than his "voluntary" suspension last time, as he clearly lied to the league office about trying to change. Man, that team needs a vet to crack some skulls and get those kids coralled.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is maxing this version of klay

Yeah, Perk is making the mistake of wanting to pay Klay according to who he was, not who he is now. The Lakers did that for Kobe as a "Thank You" gesture for all he did for the franchise.

Nothing wrong with that as long as the team, player and fans all understand that it will make it virtually impossible for them to improve the team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why do the Cavs want yet another Big when they’re trying to figure out how to play Allen/Mobley together right now anyway?
They do need another big off the bench. Wade and Stevens are both small PF's. They have no bench bigs.

They need to prioritize shooting and a wing over everything.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Perk is making the mistake of wanting to pay Klay according to who he was, not who he is now. The Lakers did that for Kobe as a "Thank You" gesture for all he did for the franchise.

Nothing wrong with that as long as the team, player and fans all understand that it will make it virtually impossible for them to improve the team.

Those new rules crack down hard next summer. The Warriors need to be discussing with him what realistic demands he would have moving forward or prepare to trade him before he's a free agent. The Klay/Dray decisions will be interesting to watch.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do need another big off the bench. Wade and Stevens are both small PF's. They have no bench bigs.

They need to prioritize shooting and a wing over everything.
I don't think Naz is going to pursued solely as a bench big.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those new rules crack down hard next summer. The Warriors need to be discussing with him what realistic demands he would have moving forward or prepare to trade him before he's a free agent. The Klay/Dray decisions will be interesting to watch.

Yeah they need to turn their young guys into that last piece asap

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that tanking to get a Thompson twin or some shit

Bleh.

I was mentally set on Scoot. This shit is terrible.

Detroit sports just can't catch many breaks.
Not rigged but I feel for ya. Been there, but we've also had our share of luck.

starting to agree with the many who are saying maybe shouldn't require blind luck as a way to get a franchise altering player.