• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be both

But the sixers lied about his back
He wasn’t even around the facility for them to have been fully aware of the extent of his back for them to lie. The responsibility is on the acquiring team to do their due diligence and do a physical on the asset.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn’t even around the facility for them to have been fully aware of the extent of his back for them to lie. The responsibility is on the acquiring team to do their due diligence and do a physical on the asset.

If they did their due diligence on his back he wouldn’t have been fined

He showed up and they said nothing was wrong with his back despite him telling them there was

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they did their due diligence on his back he wouldn’t have been fined

He showed up and they said nothing was wrong with his back despite him telling them there was
They paid a settlement for their actions didn’t they? You’re talking about two different things. You said “lied” which means they were up to date and thorough on his back issue and then lied or didn’t disclose that to the Nets. But in this post, the accusation is now the Sixers said “nah you’re fine” without pursing it further. You should pick a lane.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dame sounds like he is ready to be dealt

I think even he knows Portland is stuck

Portland has some fun rebuilding pieces though with Simon’s and sharpie and even Naz

Getting a deal with Harris and maxey and picks for dame isn’t the worst case

They can still trade nurk for future draft capital and salary filler

But the plan relies on their young dudes developing

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Portland has some fun rebuilding pieces though with Simon’s and sharpie and even Naz

How does Harden Dame work with Embiid? Are you saying Harden walks away? I am in on Dame for a pairing with Embiid. I don’t think you can count on further evolution from Embiid to wake up one day and be a playoff killer so having a real killer like Dame is best way to make the most of him. But I don’t know how Dame Harden work together. Both guys are off ball guys.

If Dame is the path you need a lot of things to go your way:
1. Dame essentially saying to Portland, Philly and Philly only. The Harris expiring Tyrese Maxey and one tradeable first going is likely to be beaten by a number of other teams that want Dame.
2. Harden is out but more importantly it’s how he’s out. Harden Maxey and Harris out = 3 starters who got major minutes being shipped out. You need a Harden sign and trade to recoup serviceable players to replace the 3 pieces for one this would involve.

I think Dame to Philly is a low percentage outcome if I’m being honest.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure philly is if harden goes back to Houston

I'd still lean Philly. Better market, better franchise historically.

That Houston tank phase is only going to last so long. Those kids in Houston are going to need a big adjustment to actually trying to win consistently. Hopefully they aren't affected by all the (intentional) losing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or…the Daryl Morey James Harden duo runs the Sixers world now scenario. They hire D’Antoni and Embiid can’t play in that system. He doesn’t get up and down. He’s not a rim runner like Clint Capela.

Portland gets the piece for Dame in Embiid
Portland gets: Embiid and Furkan Korkmaz
Sixers get: Simons, Nurkic, Sharpe, and 5 picks including the 3 pick this year.

Sixers would then have Harden, Maxey Simons, Tucker, Nurkic as their starting 5 with Brandon Miller and Sharpe off their bench.

They can also use Harris as a starter or trade him for more depth in another deal.

That’s not a championship roster for Philly but what actually is?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,656.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or…the Daryl Morey James Harden duo runs the Sixers world now scenario. They hire D’Antoni and Embiid can’t play in that system. He doesn’t get up and down. He’s not a rim runner like Clint Capela.

Portland gets the piece for Dame in Embiid
Portland gets: Embiid and Furkan Korkmaz
Sixers get: Simons, Nurkic, Sharpe, and 5 picks including the 3 pick this year.

Sixers would then have Harden, Maxey Simons, Tucker, Nurkic as their starting 5 with Brandon Miller and Sharpe off their bench.

They can also use Harris as a starter or trade him for more depth in another deal.

That’s not a championship roster for Philly but what actually is?
First.....they gotta hire a HC.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’re not going to get better than Embiid. They have a huge hole at 5. SGA would have to be off ball for them to bring in any other Star through trade. I gave him a great trade

Embiid might be too much? What about a smaller addition at C (Bropez) and a trade for someone like Paul George to play the 3? Might be tough to get matching salaries though...

What is the ideal position for Jaylen? Is he a 4, or even a 3?