• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoke from those that matter.

Like charging him with a crime. Or being suspended.
Well it got kept quiet for a long time because it’s a college town. That stuff happens unfortunately.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he's also undergoing a 3rd surgery on the same knee.

So, it seems like he's either having surgeries to keep from playing and still get paid, has had the worst surgeons in NBA history or there is something seriously messed up with that knee that we're not hearing about.

I tend to believe the Chicago Bulls have a more competent medical staff than that.

So I'm going with 2nd and 3rd opinion going with his wish to not play

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the DA said the same in the Ahmad Arbery case.

And again, perhaps as with Arbery, there's someone who knows something that hasn't come forward yet. If that happens, then he should and hopefully will, be charged and tried just like those dipshits from the Arbery case.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, perhaps as with Arbery, there's someone who knows something that hasn't come forward yet. If that happens, then he should and hopefully will, be charged and tried just like those dipshits from the Arbery case.
There is.

The shitbird who actually committed the murder.

His lawyer is the one implicating him by releasing the texts.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to believe the Chicago Bulls have a more competent medical staff than that.

So I'm going with 2nd and 3rd opinion going with his wish to not play

Not sure I understand that 2nd sentence. Are you saying he's having surgeries to avoid playing?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck. Just retire.

Hate to see it. He was coming into his own as a player after leaving the lakers

Def not rooting for it. It just seems insane he goes from week to week to out 2 plus years.

I can't think of a single example. Besides him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is.

The shitbird who actually committed the murder.

His lawyer is the one implicating him by releasing the texts.

And if those texts are true, Miller should absolutely be charged and forced to stand trial.

I'm not against Miller being punished, I'm against him being punished because the court of public opinion says he should be.

If there are charges to be brought, then hopefully the DA is looking into it and preparing them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's doing what he has to

Yes

I mean, anything is possible.

But as @bksballer89 points out, he was really starting to come into his own as a player.

Seems a bit extreme to go through surgeries to avoid playing...especially with how well he had been playing.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, anything is possible.

But as @bksballer89 points out, he was really starting to come into his own as a player.

Seems a bit extreme to go through surgeries to avoid playing...especially with how well he had been playing.

In the thousands of athletes that have played can you name a single prominent player that has gone from basic injury to out multiple years

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always disliked Kihei Clark.

That is a 5th year senior who has won more games in his career than any player in ACC history.

Yes, a 5th COVID year has driven that.

There was talk in Charlottesville about Kihei getting his number retired.

Hopefully this play after a poor game and a shaky ACC tournament puts that to bed.

No way Kihei should be getting any kind of accolade like that before Kyle Guy, Ty Jerome or DeAndre Hunter.

Would be a real shame.

You can't be right, feels like he's been there about 15 years lol....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other day my son (5) asked me to look up the score of the Warriors game. He does this literally every morning after their games. Dude is obsessed.

Anyways I told him when I was a kid I used to have to look up the box scores in the sports section of the newspaper to see how we did. He asked me what a newspaper was.

That was a moment for me.
I've been reading the sports page since I was a little kid (stretched out on the floor until old enough to just hold it). Since HS been reading one with a cup of coffee every morning.

Man is it gonna suck when print newspapers are gone (at least in the morning).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the pieces to get to the line with the speed of Garland Mitchell and LaVert. Reminded last night that he’s not a great game day coach. He may be solid developmentally for players. Cavs fans would have to rule on that. I saw a team that had a great advantage last night with dribble drive and they really didn’t exploit it the way they should have.
I don't agree the Cavs had a great advantage. Why? Back to back games with pieces out first off. Secondly, Philly did a good job at times at cutting off Mitchell and Garland. They were finding open shooters and guess what...the Cavs don't have any inconsistent shooters. That has been their achilles heal all season so a smart team can collapse bc they don't respect the Cavs shooters. That's what Philly did. A lot of Cavs fans complain about Bickerstaff but his bench is full of consistent players, even LeVert has been inconsistent. It has to be an extremely hard job for him, he has to go with the hot hand. So in my mind that speed advantage you speak of is offset by their role players to consistently shoot the ball bc none of them are really playmakers except LeVert.

As far as him saying they try to manipulate the rules...well that is most players in this league do, that called strategy. That is definitely his emotions talking. That was a bad overall officiated game on both sides and one horrible call. Unforunatley, the Cavs have been on the wrong side of those calls at times so I see his frustration.

Mobley is the last guy to flop. That's actually the first time I have seen him try to flop in two years but he saw an opportunity to sell a clear offensive foul. Does Embiid get called for the foul if Mobley doesn't sell it at all? Probably the same outcome as the reversal imo.