• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and counted the basket.

I would be livid and like the espn guys said usually the refs provide an explanation but nothing was said this time because they know it was garbage
While I could have understood a no call on that once they made the call there was nothing there to reverse it. It was a foul.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh well. I hope Cleveland doesn’t play Philly in a series. Bad matchup.
I think we'd at least have a shot with both teams at full strength. Allen plays Embiid as well as most. Just need to make sure the others don't go off.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was going to be tough to win this one regardless. Short handed, back to back. Too many misses on open shots. Mitchell was off.
That Embiid missed call was a 4 point swing. They had more of a chance but it was going to be tough regardless with Embiid going crazy. Banking in shit. He plays well against CLE. They made everything in the 4th. Long offensive droughts kills this team bc they don’t have shooters
DM and Garland going 3-14 from 3 a killer for us (against any team).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. You can’t overturn that because you would have to call a block. It’s definitely not a block. Like I said, vet move by Mobley. He must have been watching Lowry.
Yep. Mentioned in an earlier post a no call there could have been OK. But once called overturning it made no sense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree the Cavs had a great advantage. Why? Back to back games with pieces out first off. Secondly, Philly did a good job at times at cutting off Mitchell and Garland. They were finding open shooters and guess what...the Cavs don't have any inconsistent shooters. That has been their achilles heal all season so a smart team can collapse bc they don't respect the Cavs shooters. That's what Philly did. A lot of Cavs fans complain about Bickerstaff but his bench is full of consistent players, even LeVert has been inconsistent. It has to be an extremely hard job for him, he has to go with the hot hand. So in my mind that speed advantage you speak of is offset by their role players to consistently shoot the ball bc none of them are really playmakers except LeVert.

As far as him saying they try to manipulate the rules...well that is most players in this league do, that called strategy. That is definitely his emotions talking. That was a bad overall officiated game on both sides and one horrible call. Unforunatley, the Cavs have been on the wrong side of those calls at times so I see his frustration.

Mobley is the last guy to flop. That's actually the first time I have seen him try to flop in two years but he saw an opportunity to sell a clear offensive foul. Does Embiid get called for the foul if Mobley doesn't sell it at all? Probably the same outcome as the reversal imo.
I didn't get that either (about Cavs' advantage) and no doubt JB takes a lot of crap from Blame the Coach Guys. He's like most NBA coaches. Give him talent he can win. Don't and he wont. Hard to win a game without Allen and DM and Garland shoot 3-14 from 3 (which is not on JB).

Overall we won the same amount of games as last year and have 10 left to go. 5th best record with the youngest starters in the NBA (other than OKC...depending who they start). He has also gotten an incredibly young group to buy in and play elite defense as a team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real season starts soon. The playoffs will tell ya what they really need. I thought the Cavs let the Sixers off the hook too often going to the basket. Not necessarily to score but to get better distance shots because scouting should tell you Sixers struggle vs dribble drive. You cite the Sixers being a bad match up for you guys but that’s the advantage they have and they didn’t exploit enough. Garland did but I thought Mitchell settled for long stretches. Garland was the Cavs best player tonight.
There are definitely times Mitchell stops looking for the drive when he can usually get a decent shot or get fouled when he goes to the hoop.

But 7 threes not a crazy amount for him I don't think. Making 1-2 is an issue.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still has nothing to do with my son and you have yet to cite a law broken or rule violated.

But want him punished anyway.

Dude.

I asked you a question.

How would you advise your son if he were in Brandon Miller’s position?

You are avoiding answering it because the answer is obvious and flies in the face of your stance on this issue.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Mentioned in an earlier post a no call there could have been OK. But once called overturning it made no sense.
At the same time, NY looked at it and blew up their own officials saying there’s no way you foul the guy out on that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've read rumors there's no cartilage left in his knee where he first had his problems and its basically bone on bone. There's a new type of surgery where they can make some to act as a replacement but no one is sure how well it'll hold up. I hope that's the surgery he's going for now because he really doesn't have any other options

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read rumors there's no cartilage left in his knee where he first had his problems and its basically bone on bone. There's a new type of surgery where they can make some to act as a replacement but no one is sure how well it'll hold up. I hope that's the surgery he's going for now because he really doesn't have any other options

i have something similar after tearing my meniscus on both sides of my left knee in one shot.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did it at 23...

they went in to fix the outside of my knee, marked it all up.

i wake up the morning after surgery to pain on the inside of my knee...i'm freaking out

they take the bandage off....i got a huge incision on the wrong side of my knee....

doc says they went in, saw a big piece of cartilage on that side floating around took it out rather than book a second surgery.

but yeah, took out most of the cartilage in my knee before i was 25.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did it at 23...

they went in to fix the outside of my knee, marked it all up.

i wake up the morning after surgery to pain on the inside of my knee...i'm freaking out

they take the bandage off....i got a huge incision on the wrong side of my knee....

doc says they went in, saw a big piece of cartilage on that side floating around took it out rather than book a second surgery.

but yeah, took out most of the cartilage in my knee before i was 25.

Fair enough

But again we are talking a dude worth 50 mil plus. It isn't totally implausible but I find it difficult to believe the Bulls got it that wrong.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough

But again we are talking a dude worth 50 mil plus. It isn't totally implausible but I find it difficult to believe the Bulls got it that wrong.

if he's not in pain i'm not sure how you'd detect it on a physical. he's also had a few surgeries on the knee but some with the bulls so its cumulative for sure.