• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the thousands of athletes that have played can you name a single prominent player that has gone from basic injury to out multiple years

Exactly like Lonzo? No.

But there is plenty of history of players whose careers were cut short and/or who never lived up to expectations because of injury.

If memory serves, Bo Jacksons didn't seem all that serious at first. Then it turned out to be degenerative.

Also, Greg Oden seemed fine, then both knees fell apart.

Sam Bowie managed to play 10 years but never came close to his draft status because of inuries.

Bill Walton had 2 or 3 full or close to full seasons out of his entire career because his feet kept falling off.

Maybe Lonzo is some extreme version of Kyrie and is willing to have unnecessary surgery to avoid playing...but I'd be surprised if that were the case.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly like Lonzo? No.

But there is plenty of history of players whose careers were cut short and/or who never lived up to expectations because of injury.

If memory serves, Bo Jacksons didn't seem all that serious at first. Then it turned out to be degenerative.

Also, Greg Oden seemed fine, then both knees fell apart.

Sam Bowie managed to play 10 years but never came close to his draft status because of inuries.

Bill Walton had 2 or 3 full or close to full seasons out of his entire career because his feet kept falling off.

Maybe Lonzo is some extreme version of Kyrie and is willing to have unnecessary surgery to avoid playing...but I'd be surprised if that were the case.
Rudy Gay missed a bunch of years if I remember right. I wonder what they finally did to his knee? As far as Bo, as I recall he was so strong he pulled his hip socket out of place breaking a tackle. I don’t really think he was ever told he could play football again after that but it’s been awhile.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you’re saying here

Th thunder need to trade for Wiggins…

My good friend played center on our OL at 5’8’’ and about 175. He wasn’t playing college football. His athletic career was going to end senior year. Game 2 he tears his ACL. He sat for two weeks and this his father (a surgeon) gave him clearance to play. He was taking shots regularly. If you ask me, Dad was dumb. After the season and time for surgery, there was no cartilage left. It was bone on bone.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder in Canuck land trying to get to .500 again. Might be their last chance the schedule turns West next week.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My good friend played center on our OL at 5’8’’ and about 175. He wasn’t playing college football. His athletic career was going to end senior year. Game 2 he tears his ACL. He sat for two weeks and this his father (a surgeon) gave him clearance to play. He was taking shots regularly. If you ask me, Dad was dumb. After the season and time for surgery, there was no cartilage left. It was bone on bone.

But you had an identifiable ACL injury. I'm definitely being a dick here but a torn meniscus becoming a 2 to 3 year deal is pretty wild.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, they enjoy playing the Clippers.

You get us twice.
Yeah but the second one is the first night of a back to back and the Lakers are the next night. Then to the kings. Gets easier after that but I will be surprised if they get 2 of the 4. Shai will set one of the back to back games.