• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team rule did he violate?

From what I have read, at most, he didn't bring the gun onto campus or to team facilities. He transported it from point A to point B and handed it to the owner.

I doubt there's team rule that says players aren't ever allowed to touch a gun.
Then coach needs to rewrite the team rules. You make sure you have some purposefully vague rules about respect, or being a teammate, or if something isn’t for the good of the program or could potentially harm the program, etc… so that you have a catch all that could cover you in case you have to do anything. Let’s be honest. The player is too good so coach doesn’t want to do anything about. I’m sure that there wasn’t an expressly written Thou Shalt Not Kill Your Teammate Rule at Baylor. It’s really not hard at all to establish poor decision making here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your friend said “bring me my gun”

To a nightclub?

I would hope you would at least ask why before blindly agreeing.

Why would he need his gun at that time and place?

Depends on the friend. If my closest friend who I have been friends with since 1978 and in all of those years has never had so much as a traffic ticket asked me to bring him his gun, there's decent chance I wouldn't ask him.

Most anyone else, I'd ask.

I don't know why he'd want it at that time and place. If he wasn't planning on going home that night he may have needed for something the next day.

Thing is, we don't know what the text said and we don't know if Miller asked him why he wanted it or what response he gave if he did.

People want him suspended based on their own speculation/emotions.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I have read, at most, he didn't bring the gun onto campus or to team facilities. He transported it from point A to point B and handed it to the owner.

Edit: Didn't read this wasn't about Ja, lol.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it wouldn't be any single incident that was more trouble, just a series of escalating events. There are two other times where he's brandished a gun at people and then the final straw was where he was on his IG with a gun in his hand.

It just seems light for something where a big correction could significantly impact Ja's overall future. Just look at what David Stern did with Carmelo, suspending him 15 games. Stern checked Anthony with their conversation and Melo has said recently how much of an impact that had on his future and him staying on a good path.

If this was a situation in which Ja not only felt the need to step away from the team, but seek rehab and counseling, that should tell you everything you need to know about severity. He may have easily been doing damage control, but if he did that then he knew what was at stake here.

8 games is light, imo. Maybe it works out. But I would like for Ja to be in the NBA for a long time. I enjoy watching him play.
Not Ja. This is about Miller at Alabama.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it’s proven that he transported that gun, knowing why his friend wanted it?

It’s called felony murder.

You know the whole…..you were with your Buddy and he ran into the liquor store to rob the place. You sat in the car and didn’t go in. Shit goes wrong, clerk gets killed. You both do down for murder.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Hes a piece of shit, just like the parents out their buying guns for their crazy ass school shooter kids.

They didn’t pull the trigger.

But, they put the gun in the perps hands.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, I haven’t seen the text.

But, Devils advocate…

If someone asks me to bring them a gun, and it’s not to their home or the goddamn shooting range, I may have questions.

If it’s to bring it to a fast food establishment, because they said they saw a gun in the car of someone they were beefing with?

Im blocking their number and seriously considering whooping their ass.

And I would agree with that. Point is, we don't know what the text exchange was. I would assume that law enforcement and the DA know, or at least have some idea what the text said and whether or not Miller responded and how he responded and they have said there's nothing to arrest him for.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange take by you on this one, but hey go with it. He deserved a suspension for the whole making a mockery of being frisked alone, then he continued doing it.

Apparently They were doing that all season before this started

It’s about some mma fighter?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it wouldn't be any single incident that was more trouble, just a series of escalating events. There are two other times where he's brandished a gun at people and then the final straw was where he was on his IG with a gun in his hand.

It just seems light for something where a big correction could significantly impact Ja's overall future. Just look at what David Stern did with Carmelo, suspending him 15 games. Stern checked Anthony with their conversation and Melo has said recently how much of an impact that had on his future and him staying on a good path.

If this was a situation in which Ja not only felt the need to step away from the team, but seek rehab and counseling, that should tell you everything you need to know about severity. He may have easily been doing damage control, but if he did that then he knew what was at stake here.

8 games is light, imo. Maybe it works out. But I would like for Ja to be in the NBA for a long time. I enjoy watching him play.
You are talking about Ja, I think we are talking about the kid from U of Alabama.

Different scenario.

The Alabama kid just delivered someone else’s gun.

I don’t know of any other incidents with Miller.

Ja is a moron.

But, nobody is dead.

What the Alabama kid did resulted in a death.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange take by you on this one, but hey go with it. He deserved a suspension for the whole making a mockery of being frisked alone, then he continued doing it.

Strange that I think that someone who hasn't been charged with anything and who may not have even violated a team rule shouldn't be punished?

I'd say that you have the strange take.

I would definitely have sat both he and that teammate that participated for the frisking thing.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange that I think that someone who hasn't been charged with anything and who may not have even violated a team rule shouldn't be punished?

I'd say that you have the strange take.

I would definitely have sat both he and that teammate that participated for the frisking thing.
You can’t have your take on it unless you firmly believe there wouldn’t have been any punishment if he weren’t a top player. Do you believe that?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would agree with that. Point is, we don't know what the text exchange was. I would assume that law enforcement and the DA know, or at least have some idea what the text said and whether or not Miller responded and how he responded and they have said there's nothing to arrest him for.
He’s a piece of shit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early birthday present for him.
Come On Wrestling GIF by WWE

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it’s proven that he transported that gun, knowing why his friend wanted it?

It’s called felony murder.

You know the whole…..you were with your Buddy and he ran into the liquor store to rob the place. You sat in the car and didn’t go in. Shit goes wrong, clerk gets killed. You both do down for murder.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Hes a piece of shit, just like the parents out their buying guns for their crazy ass school shooter kids.

They didn’t pull the trigger.

But, they put the gun in the perps hands.

If it's proven that he transported the gun knowing that the owner was going to shoot someone, I agree 100% that he should be arrested and charged with murder.

But as of today, we don't even know if he violated a team rule, let alone committed a crime.