• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win last night. Congrats. You guys have a special group. Celtics are absolutely the Sixers daddy. I’m sitting back and letting last night sink into context and here I am:
-Sixers can’t beat the Celtics when 3 starters are out and joined by JB after 8-9 minutes of run.
- Sixers can’t beat Celtics at home when they get a monster Embiid night and they hold Jason Tatum down for most of the contest.

Sixers bring their best. Celtics bring their suboptimal performance or personnel and they still win. Good luck, not that you guys need it. I still hate your fucking team because I’m a Sixers fans and rules are rules, but I absolutely respect them and the way they play.

Embiid always scares the hell out of me

I’m rooting for your tear down ;)

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Sixers are getting closer but Celtics really expose their flaws. Sixers struggle to keep guys in front of them. I actually think White and Brogdan are the best group against the Sixers and it’s a bonus when Doc Rivers wants to match up against them with a hockey line change with 4 back ups.
I think Embiid is good for 2 wins, even against the Celtics. Pre fat guy Harden could show up and get a 3rd. Not seeing where a 4th would come from at the moment though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Sixers are getting closer but Celtics really expose their flaws. Sixers struggle to keep guys in front of them. I actually think White and Brogdan are the best group against the Sixers and it’s a bonus when Doc Rivers wants to match up against them with a hockey line change with 4 back ups.

I just hope both our teams stay healthy down the stretch.

And if Giannis has to miss an extended period of time that'll suck.

Injuries have a way of fucking things up for teams.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid always scares the hell out of me

I’m rooting for your tear down ;)
Sixers are a soap opera. I saw a Jimmy Butler centric tweet and now I’m envisioning the Buckets Process reunion in Philly when this ends in misery again haha.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds like more maxey/Melton lineups are needed

I’m not sure how many firsts you have to play with. But you have the expiring contract to find that 3rd guy

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are a soap opera. I saw a Jimmy Butler centric tweet and now I’m envisioning the Buckets Process reunion in Philly when this ends in misery again haha.

If butler goes on the block the Knicks will go nuts for him

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Embiid is good for 2 wins, even against the Celtics. Pre fat guy Harden could show up and get a 3rd. Not seeing where a 4th would come from at the moment though.
And that’s the major thing. 4 is all that matters. I think if the Celtics have one area that is a question mark is a rookie head coach being the scheme caller and decision maker in a series that’s full of adjustments that need to happen with familiarity. That could cost the Celtics a game. You have to put yourself in a position to take advantage.

Most of what the Sixers need right now needs to come from Doc.
1. Maxey off the bench isn’t working for either Maxey or Melton. Need to flip it back immediately so they have 23 games to work out new sub patterns
2. No more hockey line substitution patterns. I need 3 starters on the floor at all times. Guys like Melton McDaniel Niang Shake and BBall Paul can be effective when you let them play with good personnel. This also goes back to number 1. Maxey isn’t ready yet to QB a group when that group is 2nd team.
3. Need to impress upon them that the ball needs to move early in the shot clock and their secondary late shot clock offense is Embiid Harden pick and roll. Jo can’t do it alone. You can lock into Jo post or Jo Harden pick and roll to close. But you need to get the other guys in the group off if you want to win series. The ball moving around the floor and making the extra pass is what allows that to happen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope both our teams stay healthy down the stretch.

And if Giannis has to miss an extended period of time that'll suck.

Injuries have a way of fucking things up for teams.
Ha! You don’t have to tell me. Remember? Joel Embiid is the center of the Sixers universe. I’ve seen two playoffs where he misses games and has to wear a mask like he’s Cameroonian Batman. Not one. Two playoffs with broken faces haha. I know all about injuries.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like more maxey/Melton lineups are needed

I’m not sure how many firsts you have to play with. But you have the expiring contract to find that 3rd guy
They had the 3rd guy and they traded him to Phoenix for Zhaire Smith and a pick that was used to acquire…wait for it…said expiring contract that isn’t a fit for the current group.

Tobias Harris is an enigma. At times last night he was cooking and aggressive and then he just disappears for long stretches. I understand when they are deferring to Embiid but some of those Harris minutes are non Embiid minutes and I need more from him.

Melton and Maxey is an interesting pairing and I think it’s easier to do when Doc gets his head out of his ass and subs like a man who understands his bench. His bench is incomplete guys with one top notch NBA skill but meh with their all around game:
Maxey - dude is a bucket but a liability defensively
Melton - plus defender and a willing shooter but streaky with that skill
Shake - lesser version of Maxey as an offense player that can get hot
Niang - great 3 point shooter complete liability defensively
McDaniel - defensive stopper but only a developing offensive game
BBall Paul - energy and hustle guy that is switchable and can offensive rebound and be a lob threat on Harden pick and roll but is small and awkward at times, can’t remember plays and fouls too much

These guys need to be surrounded by 3 starters when they play their minutes.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If butler goes on the block the Knicks will go nuts for him
The thing the Sixers can offer is a shit ton of expiring cap with Maxey and an ability to take on their Duncan Robinson deal. They can get Maxey to play around Bam plus whatever picks the Sixers can offer and about $55 million off their cap. They’re set up to rebuild with three nice pieces in Bam Herro and Maxey. That will attract a shit ton of Kentucky Wildcat fans ha.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing the Sixers can offer is a shit ton of expiring cap with Maxey and an ability to take on their Duncan Robinson deal. They can get Maxey to play around Bam plus whatever picks the Sixers can offer and about $55 million off their cap. They’re set up to rebuild with three nice pieces in Bam Herro and Maxey. That will attract a shit ton of Kentucky Wildcat fans ha.

UK south it is.

Now they just need to wait for minny to fall apart and trade all their picks for kat

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy just talking about this 4 game losing streak lol. He's had the most team success in his career with Miami. A finals appearance and a conference finals appearance is better than anything he did in his career prior

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK south it is.

Now they just need to wait for minny to fall apart and trade all their picks for kat
Damn. That might be a nice group in the end haha.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy just talking about this 4 game losing streak lol. He's had the most team success in his career with Miami. A finals appearance and a conference finals appearance is better than anything he did in his career prior
But that’s over now. The Heat are maxed out with this group. Lowry and Robinson are negative assets and they’re the only salary pieces that could bring back help for them. As much as I love Buckets, he doesn’t pull punches and he doesn’t stay any place too long.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that’s over now. The Heat are maxed out with this group. Lowry and Robinson are negative assets and they’re the only salary pieces that could bring back help for them. As much as I love Buckets, he doesn’t pull punches and he doesn’t stay any place too long.

We will trade him to Washington for beal if he wants out but i doubt it. He has never had the success in his career like he had in Miami

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry will be an expiring contract so he should be rather easy to move in the offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will trade him to Washington for beal if he wants out but i doubt it. He has never had the success in his career like he had in Miami
Who are you trading for Beal?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags

Did you hear about this last night? Very cool. He sent the kid a care package along with a pair of sneakers and face-timed him. Harden is the kids favorite player. The 20 year old kid has a go-fund-me page up and Harden made an undisclosed donation.

'I'm with you': NBA star James Harden befriends Chinese student paralyzed in MSU shooting

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags

Did you hear about this last night? Very cool. He sent the kid a care package along with a pair of sneakers and face-timed him. Harden is the kids favorite player. The 20 year old kid has a go-fund-me page up and Harden made an undisclosed donation.

'I'm with you': NBA star James Harden befriends Chinese student paralyzed in MSU shooting
Yes. Actually read that a few days ago. Classy move.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t right, but it is all about selling the call.

Randle drives and the contact doesn’t look like it affects him much, he is less likely to get the call.

Trae Young drives and gets knocked over, he is more likely to get it.

Just looks like more like a foul.
Had me until Trey young drives.. he doesn’t get knocked over!

The smart son of a biotch just as he makes his move to shoot he leans in and creates the contact , bounces off the defender which makes it look like the defender caused it.… refs are morons to continue to fall for it.

They already changed rules because of him regarding the 3, now they need to stop giving him the calls.