• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

It is impact on winning games.

If Julius Randle was a superstar, the Knicks would be a contender.

The rest of the roster is good enough to be in the conversation if they had an actual superstar.

They don’t, and they won’t because of how much they are paying their non-superstar players.

Also, a lot of players could theoretically average 30+ a game inefficiently if their team goal was getting them buckets instead of winning games.

The guys who can do it efficiently while helping their teams win are superstars.
Seriously, there is something very wrong with you!

I NEVER said Randle was a superstar!

Find me the post I said he was one

You’re nuts!

Again, he’s absolutely playing like one as of late, but the ONLY thing imo that keeps him from truly being a superstar is his Basketball IQ

Again, I don’t watch much.. but last night I was watching Philly , and Randle reminds me a lot of embiid. Very similar style.

Now go off the deep end and start posting that I posted they are equal 2 each other
You’re nuts

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle 25.1 ppg. 10 rbs

Embiid 33.1 ppg. 10 rbs

Randle 62 games played

Embiid 47 games played

Randle all star

Embiid superstar

Randles durability puts him in elite status as far as I’m concerned. He bustin his azz every game for his team. While Durant and Curry and James load manage their respective teams out of a championship

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’re nuts!

Again, he’s absolutely playing like one as of late, but the ONLY thing imo that keeps him from truly being a superstar is his Basketball IQ

Again, I don’t watch much.. but last night I was watching Philly , and Randle reminds me a lot of embiid. Very similar style.

Now go off the deep end and start posting that I posted they are equal 2 each other
You were dropped on your head as a child......weren't you?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had me until Trey young drives.. he doesn’t get knocked over!

The smart son of a biotch just as he makes his move to shoot he leans in and creates the contact , bounces off the defender which makes it look like the defender caused it.… refs are morons to continue to fall for it.

They already changed rules because of him regarding the 3, now they need to stop giving him the calls.

So what you are saying is that Young is good at selling the calls and Randle isn’t.

Drawing fouls is a skill.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’re nuts!

You’re nuts

I am nuts?

For answering your question about why anybody who scores 30 isn’t automatically a superstar?

If you say so.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid played great last night. He went to work and didn't settle for long shots (which he has a tendency to do at times). Embiid's so tough to stop on offense.

Horford (and to a lesser extent, Grant Williams) is/are invaluable in a match-up against Embiid. You need guys who can at least play credible defense against Embiid while also forcing him to defend the perimeter on the other end.

Boston just matches up well against Philly. IMO.

The teams that give Boston the most trouble are those that can really pester and switch on defense, forcing sloppy play and turnovers... Golden State and Miami come immediately to mind.
Golden State ain't that team this year lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State ain't that team this year lol
Yeah... I meant at full health with them.

If y'all were at full health, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Golden State kick into gear for the playoffs and be a menace.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I meant at full health with them.

If y'all were at full health, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Golden State kick into gear for the playoffs and be a menace.
Nah this year is different, they've been healthy for a lot of it and have played terrible defense all year. The theory is when the playoffs start they will flip the switch but I don't buy it. Last year they were actually injured all year at various times, the big 3 literally didn't play together until the playoffs, so they got healthy at the right time. And they still managed a decent record and a 3 seed in a tougher West.

Point being your Celtics will not be facing the Warriors again if they make the Finals

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am nuts?

For answering your question about why anybody who scores 30 isn’t automatically a superstar?

If you say so.
You can have never been done with that much cause you ain’t no reason why you don’t want me to come back home here cause you.

You can get a hold for you and see what they are saying about the other way you.

That’s the BS games you want to play?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is that Young is good at selling the calls and Randle isn’t.

Drawing fouls is a skill.
Drawing fouls is a skill? On what planet

Is there a ref in the league who looks like they played a game of Basketball in their lives?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I don’t watch much. But it sure seems to me that any team that gets in the post season and could handle the pressures of the PS play and hits 40% behind the arc could steal a ring

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah this year is different, they've been healthy for a lot of it and have played terrible defense all year. The theory is when the playoffs start they will flip the switch but I don't buy it. Last year they were actually injured all year at various times, the big 3 literally didn't play together until the playoffs, so they got healthy at the right time. And they still managed a decent record and a 3 seed in a tougher West.

Point being your Celtics will not be facing the Warriors again if they make the Finals
I'll take your word for it... you watch them a lot more than me.

I look at the line-up, though... and theoretically, at least, there is the potential for a pretty good defense:
  • Wiggins and Green are top-notch defenders at their best. Super switchable too.
  • I like Looney's ability to move his feet at the 5.
  • Klay Thompson, Gary Payton II and DiVincenzo all have a little size to them so they're somewhat switchable.
Anywho... I just saw this crew give Boston fits in the Finals last year... and it's hard to get that out of my head. ;)