• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got some good games on today.

-Lakers/Mavs

-Raptors/Cavs

-Clippers/Nuggets

Any update on Giannis yet or is it too early?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings and Thunder too, Shai out though

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think guys like Kawhi and PG13 are treating this like a flip the switch situation? If so…it’s about time to flip that switch. NBA defense is all about effort communication and scheme. Effort you can flip the switch but you need to work that communication and scheme. I can’t believe Lue has a piece like RoCo to use to take minutes away from somebody to send a message about the defense and he doesn’t use it.

Yeah, the nembhard kid is a bottom tier nba athlete and he’s making it work as an nba defender

No one else has an excuse

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the nembhard kid is a bottom tier nba athlete and he’s making it work as an nba defender

No one else has an excuse
Big win last night. Congrats. You guys have a special group. Celtics are absolutely the Sixers daddy. I’m sitting back and letting last night sink into context and here I am:
-Sixers can’t beat the Celtics when 3 starters are out and joined by JB after 8-9 minutes of run.
- Sixers can’t beat Celtics at home when they get a monster Embiid night and they hold Jason Tatum down for most of the contest.

Sixers bring their best. Celtics bring their suboptimal performance or personnel and they still win. Good luck, not that you guys need it. I still hate your fucking team because I’m a Sixers fans and rules are rules, but I absolutely respect them and the way they play.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda figured that, hope it's nothing serious. Didn't see what happened. All I saw was a clip with little contract then Giannis grabbed his knee and asked to come out. Not good.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting tmr in Philly then do it to them again on Wednesday in Miami
That game down in Miami kicks off a road trip of 5 games in 7 days with two back to backs. Holy fuck is that a screw job with schedule. Bad enough and then Adam Silver and the scheduling committee are passing the bong around the circle and some asshole says “wait wait wait…and on the 5 in 7 day road trip we’re gonna send James Harden to Miami to kick it off bwahahaha!”

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win last night. Congrats. You guys have a special group. Celtics are absolutely the Sixers daddy. I’m sitting back and letting last night sink into context and here I am:
-Sixers can’t beat the Celtics when 3 starters are out and joined by JB after 8-9 minutes of run.
- Sixers can’t beat Celtics at home when they get a monster Embiid night and they hold Jason Tatum down for most of the contest.

Sixers bring their best. Celtics bring their suboptimal performance or personnel and they still win. Good luck, not that you guys need it. I still hate your fucking team because I’m a Sixers fans and rules are rules, but I absolutely respect them and the way they play.
Oh wait! I found a silver lining. The Sixers aren’t going to have to worry about getting swept by the Celtics because the Bucks are going to beat them in the 2nd round. Well that’s better.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I still hate your team because I'm a Sixers fans and rules are rules"

damn-right-breaking-bad.gif

The Celtics have crazy depth right now. Embiid though. He's a monster and fun to watxh. The only time I don't like watching him play is against the Celtics.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game down in Miami kicks off a road trip of 5 games in 7 days with two back to backs. Holy fuck is that a screw job with schedule. Bad enough and then Adam Silver and the scheduling committee are passing the bong around the circle and some asshole says “wait wait wait…and on the 5 in 7 day road trip we’re gonna send James Harden to Miami to kick it off bwahahaha!”

March is Miami chance to make a run to top 6 seed. 8 of first 9 is at home and the 1 road game is Orlando

Got to go 6-3 or 7-2 in those games

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I still hate your team because I'm a Sixers fans and rules are rules"

View attachment 322163

The Celtics have crazy depth right now. Embiid though. He's a monster and fun to watxh. The only time I don't like watching him play is against the Celtics.
I do think the Sixers are getting closer but Celtics really expose their flaws. Sixers struggle to keep guys in front of them. I actually think White and Brogdan are the best group against the Sixers and it’s a bonus when Doc Rivers wants to match up against them with a hockey line change with 4 back ups.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March is Miami chance to make a run to top 6 seed. 8 of first 9 is at home and the 1 road game is Orlando

Got to go 6-3 or 7-2 in those games
This is my favorite NBA month (mostly because my team makes me a bitch and goes home in round 2 every year). It’s getting late but there’s enough time to really find something and round into form.