• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid's shot should have counted. NBA needs a new rule that says if the shot is holy shit amazing, it still counts even if the buzzer sounded.
Yeah but then we have to have holy shit amazing reviews and those get pretty subjective

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The putz in Atlanta, Trey young, creates contact every drive to hoop, and gets call.

It isn’t right, but it is all about selling the call.

Randle drives and the contact doesn’t look like it affects him much, he is less likely to get the call.

Trae Young drives and gets knocked over, he is more likely to get it.

Just looks like more like a foul.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only ones that are stupid are ones that don’t see his performance night in and night out.

What makes you a superstar, 32 pts a game?

If you think he could not do that , you’re the stupid one. He’s very unselfish.

No.

It is impact on winning games.

If Julius Randle was a superstar, the Knicks would be a contender.

The rest of the roster is good enough to be in the conversation if they had an actual superstar.

They don’t, and they won’t because of how much they are paying their non-superstar players.

Also, a lot of players could theoretically average 30+ a game inefficiently if their team goal was getting them buckets instead of winning games.

The guys who can do it efficiently while helping their teams win are superstars.

Last edited:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Celtics are a jump shooting team.
I agree, for the most part.

The C's have been a team that relies on the 3-ball for years now... that's their game on offense.

But prior to this year, they were always a streaky 3 pt shooting team. The opposition knew they could count on inevitable cold spells, during which the C's also had a propensity to press and cough off turnovers.

This year seems different. The Celtics are borderline unguardable on offense... they can field multiple line-ups where everyone can shoot and many can drive... Boston can manufacture clean outside shots at a staggering rate.

It's title or bust this season. But it's not gonna be easy, as last night showed.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t his shot.

Was supposed to go to Kawhi.

I have no issue with Batum launching though.

Dude has saved our asses multiple times over the years.

Horrible loss.

Just fucking horrible.

Also, Cocaine Bear was the shit….lol

Shocked how well written it was.

Thought it would just be some vomit, fart, dick and stoner jokes.

Nope.

My issue is that the real story is Basically the bear died the end lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun with numbers. To date 3 guys have averaged 30 pts, 5 assists, 1 steal and 1 block for a season. They are MJ, Dwayne Wade and Lebron. Looks like SGA is going to become the 4th.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun with numbers. To date 3 guys have averaged 30 pts, 5 assists, 1 steal and 1 block for a season. They are MJ, Dwayne Wade and Lebron. Looks like SGA is going to become the 4th.

Not like those other guys are any good or anything.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minimum bet in sports book is now 500.....

Hit me with yr bets you have in the 200-275 range

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, for the most part.

The C's have been a team that relies on the 3-ball for years now... that's their game on offense.

But prior to this year, they were always a streaky 3 pt shooting team. The opposition knew they could count on inevitable cold spells, during which the C's also had a propensity to press and cough off turnovers.

This year seems different. The Celtics are borderline unguardable on offense... they can field multiple line-ups where everyone can shoot and many can drive... Boston can manufacture clean outside shots at a staggering rate.

It's title or bust this season. But it's not gonna be easy, as last night showed.
That team is straight great. Very impressed. I mean I still hate them but credit where it’s due.

Remember last game I was bitching about the Sixers getting away from Embiid? Last night I was bitching because I thought the ball wasn’t moving and they were just standing around waiting for Embiid to make plays hahaha. That speaks to the great team the Celtics have if I’m down to inconsistent senseless ramblings to try and come up with a way the Sixers can beat them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd half last night I think Al Horford made 5 more threes than he ever did in a Sixers uniform ha.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team is straight great. Very impressed. I mean I still hate them but credit where it’s due.

Remember last game I was bitching about the Sixers getting away from Embiid? Last night I was bitching because I thought the ball wasn’t moving and they were just standing around waiting for Embiid to make plays hahaha. That speaks to the great team the Celtics have if I’m down to inconsistent senseless ramblings to try and come up with a way the Sixers can beat them.
Embiid played great last night. He went to work and didn't settle for long shots (which he has a tendency to do at times). Embiid's so tough to stop on offense.

Horford (and to a lesser extent, Grant Williams) is/are invaluable in a match-up against Embiid. You need guys who can at least play credible defense against Embiid while also forcing him to defend the perimeter on the other end.

Boston just matches up well against Philly. IMO.

The teams that give Boston the most trouble are those that can really pester and switch on defense, forcing sloppy play and turnovers... Golden State and Miami come immediately to mind.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid played great last night. He went to work and didn't settle for long shots (which he has a tendency to do at times). Embiid's so tough to stop on offense.

Horford (and to a lesser extent, Grant Williams) is/are invaluable in a match-up against Embiid. You need guys who can at least play credible defense against Embiid while also forcing him to defend the perimeter on the other end.

Boston just matches up well against Philly. IMO.

The teams that give Boston the most trouble are those that can really pester and switch on defense, forcing sloppy play and turnovers... Golden State and Miami come immediately to mind.
Yeah if you put this series in front of me today I’m saying at best the Sixers lose in 5.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minimum bet in sports book is now 500.....

Hit me with yr bets you have in the 200-275 range
Are they trying to keep the rif raf out?