• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,254.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MVP award doesn’t establish who the best player in the league is. Additionally, the best player in the league isn’t likely to be a one way player.
It sure doesn't.

Most valuable to their team.....not necessarily best player.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ja morant , best player in league!

Most exciting

Most athletic

Most potential

Most intelligent

Most creative

Most visible

Most conditioned

Most durable

Most likely to be MVP one day

Most full of himself

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the eyes of someone age 12-25 are different than when you are older. It hits you harder and more deeply, the stuff you love when you're young. Basically what Iverson said. He says LeBron is 'better' objectively but his feels favor MJ.

This is true for music and movies and stuff like that too.

I'd say that music and movies are much more due to individual taste. Barring extremes, no movie or music is better than another except to your taste.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the MJ stans eyes it's better to not make the finals.

Losing in the finals only proves you had the best team in one conference. Winning every finals you got to means more, especially when the overall totals are relatively close and the player in question didn't jump franchises to stack the deck.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that music and movies are much more due to individual taste. Barring extremes, no movie or music is better than another except to your taste.
That's not what I'm talking about. Of course taste is subjective. My point is, and this has been proven scientifically in the case of music, that cultural stuff you liked growing up will always be more meaningful and connect with you more deeply than stuff you experience later in life. That's why everyone talks about 'the good old days' and how everything sucks now. We love that stuff far more intensely when young.

The music and movies now that us old people say sucks, in the future old people will look back on the 2020s as the golden age of music and cinema. It's just how it works.

"The NBA/music/movies/the country was so much better back then" will be said forever...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I'm talking about. Of course taste is subjective. My point is, and this has been proven scientifically in the case of music, that cultural stuff you liked growing up will always be more meaningful and connect with you more deeply than stuff you experience later in life. That's why everyone talks about 'the good old days' and how everything sucks now. We love that stuff far more intensely when young.

The music and movies now that us old people say sucks, in the future old people will look back on the 2020s as the golden age of music and cinema. It's just how it works.

For sure, unless that movie or music ties into a pivotal life event. Otherwise, those that invoke your childhood will always have a special place in your heart.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, unless that movie or music ties into a pivotal life event. Otherwise, those that invoke your childhood will always have a special place in your heart.
And that's all AI was saying...he thinks LeBron is "better" but he'll never feel as excited watching him as he did watching MJ.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's all AI was saying...he thinks LeBron is "better" but he'll never feel as excited watching him as he did watching MJ.
I just disagree with the "better" part and think he had it right the first time, lol.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"The NBA/music/movies/the country was so much better back then" will be said forever...
Something else along the same lines. Do you make friends later in life that are as dear to you as the ones you made when you were young? I mean the ones you remain friends with? There are exceptions, but for the most part people don’t make those kind of friends later in life.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure doesn't.

Most valuable to their team.....not necessarily best player.

Most valuable to a team currently at the top of the Conference, 1 game behind the Celtics. Kept them in the playoffs for two years without their other star player (among others).

The NBA hasn't given the award to the truly "most valuable player" to their team consistently, if ever. It's a performance award.