• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching people play 82 game seasons averaging 35 minutes a game and they didn’t have load management. Amazing how much it has changed.
Lebron has done the same but longer. Might not be 82 but he missed very few games. MJ was making a comeback by this age and he doesn’t look anything close to the player Lebron is now

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching people play 82 game seasons averaging 35 minutes a game and they didn’t have load management. Amazing how much it has changed.

I'm not really a fan of load management, but I understand it. It seems to help lengthen careers.

I'd like to see it reined in a bit because some guys take it to extremes. But Lebron hasn't really been one those.

Also, a version of load management has been around for a long time.

I remember that Pat Riley used to start lowering his starters minutes and have them sit a couple of games or so with the Showtime Lakers once their playoff seeding was set.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully concede that was the narrative in 2022 and that winning was ancillary. Now in 2023 the fact that Denver is the one seed in the weak sister conference is a big piece of the narrative.

You see where I’m going? When you have that kind of divergence in the narrative from one year to the next, that establishes this as a fugaze popularity award controlled by bitches with algorithms who in their own lives in sports maxed out as members of their high school JV soccer team.

There you go with that JV soccer team nonsense again. Yet another expected typical petty & immature comment. Grow up.

Points per game, the one & only stat you'll acknowledge.

I'm going by what the numbers say, been doing that with this comparison for a third season in row.

You on the other had are going only on emotions because you're a diehard 76ers fan.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really a fan of load management, but I understand it. It seems to help lengthen careers.

I'd like to see it reined in a bit because some guys take it to extremes. But Lebron hasn't really been one those.

I remember that Pat Riley used to start lowering his starters minutes and have them sit a couple of games or so with the Showtime Lakers once their playoff seeding was set.
I think it’s a joke. Making 30 million a year and people pay to come watch you and you sit out. Cost people a lot of money to watch some of these games once in their list to see their guy in dress attire. Just stating players didn’t do this in the past but it has really taken over now days. Don’t care who it is, Jordan played 82 games one of the years with the wizards. He also had time out of game awhile so obviously he’s gonna lose a step.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go with that JV soccer team nonsense again. Yet another expected typical petty & immature comment. Grow up.

Points per game, the one & only stat you'll acknowledge.

I'm going by what the numbers say, been doing that with this comparison for a third season in row.

You on the other had are going only on emotions because you're a diehard 76ers fan.
I guess you ignored my post about Giannis because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, I want to reiterate that if I had a vote this year, I would have Giannis number one on my ballot, Embiid 2, and Tatum 3. I wouldn’t have Jokic on my list. 3 straight MVPs is rare air and in my opinion Joker hasn’t earned the right to hold that honor with Russell, Wilt, and Bird.

You have it in your mind that Embiid's been robbed these last two seasons. And you're completely incapable of realizing Jokic over the past three seasons has put up better overall head-to-head numbers.

Two seasons ago he played every game, led the league in double-doubles and was 2nd in trip-dubs. Two season ago Embiid missed 21 games.

Last season Jokic became the first player with a 2,000/1,000/500 season.

This season he's averaging a trip-dub on 60% + shooting. No player in history has averaged a trip-dub on 60% shootings.

And what I mentioned isn't my opinion. It's what the numbers actually say. But you don't want anything to do with a real head-to-head comparison.

It's much easier for you say Jokic is fat & sloppy, plays no D at all and the only stat that matters is points per game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you ignored my post about Giannis because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Nope responded to that. But you won't like what I said.

And Giannis has nothing to do with you ignoring any type of true head-to-head comparison of Jokic & Embiid.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have it in your mind that Embiid's been robbed these last two seasons. And you're completely incapable of realizing Jokic over the past three seasons has put up better overall head-to-head numbers.

Two seasons ago he played every game, led the league in double-doubles and was 2nd in trip-dubs. Two season ago Embiid missed 21 games.

This season he's averaging a trip-dub on 60% + shooting. No player in history has averaged a trip-dub on 60% shootings.

And what I mentioned isn't my opinion. It's what the numbers actually say. But you don't want anything to do with a real head-to-head comparison.

It's much easier for you say Jokic is fat & sloppy, plays no D at all and the only stat that matters is points per game.
Not sure how you could legit argue Embiid over Jokic last year. Joker had him in pretty much every single category except ppg

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you could legit argue Embiid over Jokic last year. Joker had him in pretty much every single category except ppg
Last year he hung on the 'who plays better defense' argument

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not quite gonna make up enough difference from the rest but if it was absolutely a nail biter then I could see that argument maybe.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A real head to head comparison is Embiid working Joker for 47 points and 18 rebounds. That’s a head to head comparison, not a fucking math problem.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he’s totally faking and sitting out games just because….

FOH

He’s damn near 40.

He’s a fucking Laker.

If he was doing something untoward, I would have been the first to torch his ass.

He’s not Kawhi.

People need to find a reason to hate this guy and it’s pretty pathetic.

There were rumblings that LeBron James would be in and out for the NBA All-Star Game and would not take part in this weekend’s festivities. It was announced today that LeBron would not be available for today’s NBA All-Star Practice and Media Day but will talk pregame on Sunday

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard that. They said the Heat are the favorites to sign him, but he's also going to talk to the Sixers.
I don’t think he fits. They have Harris, Niang, and Tucker to play the 4. I don’t like Love at the 5 backing up Embiid. He is going to get isolated in pick and roll and worked.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he’s totally faking and sitting out games just because….

FOH

He’s damn near 40.

He’s a fucking Laker.

If he was doing something untoward, I would have been the first to torch his ass.

He’s not Kawhi.

People need to find a reason to hate this guy and it’s pretty pathetic.

There were rumblings that LeBron James would be in and out for the NBA All-Star Game and would not take part in this weekend’s festivities. It was announced today that LeBron would not be available for today’s NBA All-Star Practice and Media Day but will talk pregame on Sunday

Well thank goodness he will talk pregame tomorrow, I mean oh the horror.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is the major difference in the two players who are both elite offensively. And as a point of note, you forgot the fact that I also pointed out that his team was a 6 seed. How are you the most valuable player in the league when your team is an also ran and doesn’t even have home court in a first round series.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not quite gonna make up enough difference from the rest but if it was absolutely a nail biter then I could see that argument maybe.
There’s little to no difference between the two players offensively. There’s a huge gap defensively. But I will admit that defense is often ignored when we are talking about awards determined by a fan Boi media.