• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little to no difference SCORING.

Huge fucking difference in CREATING for others.

I am team Joel here.

But, I think the difference in creating for others, game management is actually BIGGER than the gap in between defense.
I’m rereading the first sentence and I forgot to tell you I disagree with that. Embiid is a much more elite scorer than Joker.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s little to no difference between the two players offensively. There’s a huge gap defensively. But I will admit that defense is often ignored when we are talking about awards determined by a fan Boi media.
There actually was a difference in boards, assists and way higher FG% by Joker 8-9%. It was definitely a difference

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There actually was a difference in boards, assists and way higher FG% by Joker 8-9%. It was definitely a difference
That establishes a different style of play not a difference in their quality of play.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A real head to head comparison is Embiid working Joker for 47 points and 18 rebounds. That’s a head to head comparison, not a fucking math problem.

Embiid's the most dominant C in the league, love his game. He's an old school throwback. Jokic is the best passing C in league history. Love his game as well. Both are dominant, but in completely different ways.

But I don't pick & choose only certain stats like you do. Here's what I mean by a true head to head comparison.

Jokic: 24.7 ppg, 11.5 rebs, 10.1 asts, 1.3 stls, 0.7 blks (.632 FG% & .391 three-pt. %) double doubles- 41 (2nd) / trip dubs- 21 (1st) in 2nd is Luka with 10

Embiid: 33.1, 10.2, 4.1, 1.2, 1.5 (.537 FG% & .355 three-pt. %) double doubles- 29 (tied for 7th) / trip dubs- 1

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a joke. It is a problem the league has the power to fix.

Too many games in too short a time.

Doesn’t matter what players did in the past, teams today have learned that strategically using load management helps bolster their chances of winning in the playoffs when it matters most.

It is an obvious conflict for the fans who want to see the best players play, but it is 100% in the best interest of the teams to sit players out occasionally.

So shorten the season. Other pro leagues play less than half the games the NBA does.
The 72 game bubble season was great, wish they would go back to that but of course they won't.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid's the most dominant C in the league, love his game. He's an old school throwback. Jokic is the best passing C in league history. Love his game as well. Both are dominant, but in completely different ways.

But I don't pick & choose only certain stats like you do. Here's what I mean by a true head to head comparison.

Jokic: 24.7 ppg, 11.5 rebs, 10.1 asts, 1.3 stls, 0.7 blks (.632 FG% & .391 three-pt. %) double doubles- 41 (2nd) / trip dubs- 21 (1st) in 2nd is Luka with 10

Embiid: 33.1, 10.2, 4.1, 1.2, 1.5 (.537 FG% & .355 three-pt. %) double doubles- 29 (tied for 7th) / trip dubs- 1
I know what you meant. I take a different perspective on what head to head means. You’re very clear on your stat driven argument. However, I do appreciate the 1,367th time I’ve read this copy and paste.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think you’re focused on different styles. Embiid shouldn’t have to apologize for being a 5 that doesn’t play a point 5. They each dominate the offensive ends in different ways. I’ll grant rating as a playmaker ranks higher because of impact. At the same time, guys playing around Embiid are better because of the attention he gets. Harden is going to get a career high in assists per game because of Embiid. Maxey is able to evolve playing PG for the first time in his life because of Embiid. I think the difference in defense is vast. Embiid is never going to be the number one bulletin point on an offensive scouting report for the opponent to target and take advantage of the way Joker is in every playoff series he will ever compete in.
You are getting caught up in traditional positions.

That isn’t the way of the NBA anymore.

Embiid should not be punished for being a traditional 5.

Joker should not be penalized for the opposite.

Although I believe Joel should have won last year, I also see why others have sided with Jokic.

Lets take your guy out of the equation and use other examples…

Was Gary Payton better than Magic Johnson?

I mean, Gary shits all over him defensively, no?

That one is too obvious…

So, how about Payton vs Bad Boys Thomas?

Zeke couldn’t make a All Defensive team in the WNBA.

Who’s taking Gary over him?

You can’t just cherry pick the factors that support your opinion.

What you value as most important is tinted by your bias a bit.

Again: Embiid should have won last year.

But, it rings false to state Joker was not a worthy alternative.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are getting caught up in traditional positions.

That isn’t the way of the NBA anymore.

Embiid should not be punished for being a traditional 5.

Joker should not be penalized for the opposite.

Although I believe Joel should have won last year, I also see why others have sided with Jokic.

Lets take your guy out of the equation and use other examples…

Was Gary Payton better than Magic Johnson?

I mean, Gary shits all over him defensively, no?

That one is too obvious…

So, how about Payton vs Bad Boys Thomas?

Zeke couldn’t make a All Defensive team in the WNBA.

Who’s taking Gary over him?

You can’t just cherry pick the factors that support your opinion.

What you value as most important is tinted by your bias a bit.

Again: Embiid should have won last year.

But, it rings false to state Joker was not a worthy alternative.
The difference between Magic and Payton offensively was vast though. I don’t see that same gap in Joker v Embiid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This explains the quality of your recent posts
Don’t be sad my guy. I respect your troll game and not everybody can be a student of the game when it comes to sports. The economics of the thing says we need Fan Bois too to keep what we love high profile.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yep...learned that lesson the hard way myself.
Family in from Nashville so I’m stuck at the in-laws today so have to go stealth on the sounds and smells so couldn’t bring tree. I don’t prefer the vape pen. I just have some for times like these when you can duck out and catch a quick hit now and again

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t be sad my guy. I respect your troll game and not everybody can be a student of the game when it comes to sports. The economics of the thing says we need Fan Bois too to keep what we love high profile.
Of course you respect my troll game, I'm awesome at it. And yours is pretty good too. You're also a good student of the game, and someday you will be a master of it like I am if you keep working at it.

Agreed on the casuals, sports that don't have those languish in obscurity like lacrosse and soccer.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is the major difference in the two players who are both elite offensively. And as a point of note, you forgot the fact that I also pointed out that his team was a 6 seed. How are you the most valuable player in the league when your team is an also ran and doesn’t even have home court in a first round series.

His two best teammates missed the entire season and they still made the playoffs

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 72 game bubble season was great, wish they would go back to that but of course they won't.

72 games with at least as long, or even a week longer length of time for regular season.

Games need to be spread out more. Eliminate back to backs and avoid teams playing more than 3 games in a week.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That establishes a different style of play not a difference in their quality of play.
it says he was way more efficient while assisting on more baskets to other players which equates to scoring and winning games. It’s a huge deal when they are looking at candidates for MVP