• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is the major difference in the two players who are both elite offensively. And as a point of note, you forgot the fact that I also pointed out that his team was a 6 seed. How are you the most valuable player in the league when your team is an also ran and doesn’t even have home court in a first round series.
We will just ignore the fact that he played basically all of last year without the 2nd and 3rd best players on his team. Philly doesn't get HCA in round 1 if Maxey and Harden miss all of the season last year either

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thank goodness he will talk pregame tomorrow, I mean oh the horror.
At least he isn’t playing.

Sure, he came back for the one game and looked fantastic.

But, I thought he should sit out because it’s best for the Lakers.

Also, in fairness….

The even is in Salt Lake City and he is the most popular player in the NBA.

People are coming to see him, as well as others, not to ski or convert to the Mormon Religion.

Dude puts asses in the seats and people pay big money to attend those events as well.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is the major difference in the two players who are both elite offensively. And as a point of note, you forgot the fact that I also pointed out that his team was a 6 seed. How are you the most valuable player in the league when your team is an also ran and doesn’t even have home court in a first round series.
Jokic is more elite offensively than Embiid, they are not the same.

Embiid is probably the same difference more elite defensively. With the MVP vote offense has always counted for more and always will. Even when it comes to winning, good offense beats good defense in the NBA.

That said, I agree that Jokic does not deserve to have 3 MVPs, the hell of it is this year's will be his most deserving by far. He should not have won last year IMO. It happens, and when people make all time great lists they adjust. Steve Nash has 2 MVPs, and no one puts him anywhere near the top 20 all time players on those lists. Bill Russell has 5, and no one ranks him over people with fewer like Magic or LeBron or Bird.

You need to let it go. Titles are more fun anyway.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will just ignore the fact that he played basically all of last year without the 2nd and 3rd best players on his team. Philly doesn't get HCA in round 1 if Maxey and Harden miss all of the season last year either
Ifs and buts. What really happened?

This reminds me of coach of the year in the NFL where they pick the Little Engine That Could coach who takes dog shit and makes them average. It’s why a guy like Andy Reid has one COTY award and so do guys like Dick Jauron and Matt Nagy.

I want to thank you though. I’ve been saying this is all about narrative and your post helps further establish that. It isn’t about an MVP of a 6 seed it’s about let’s make believe what could have been instead of what actually played out.

Most Valuable Player—- led to a 6 seed.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he isn’t playing.

Sure, he came back for the one game and looked fantastic.

But, I thought he should sit out because it’s best for the Lakers.

Also, in fairness….

The even is in Salt Lake City and he is the most popular player in the NBA.

People are coming to see him, as well as others, not to ski or convert to the Mormon Religion.

Dude puts asses in the seats and people pay big money to attend those events as well.
He is playing the all star game right? I haven’t seen anything saying he wasn’t.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Narrative.

Embiid plays most of his season without Simmons who not only isn’t on the court but is a distraction the team has to handle. The Ringer didn’t attach to that narrative though so Zack Lowe didn’t attach himself to that narrative and the rest of the lemmings fell in line with the analytics darling narrative.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s little to no difference between the two players offensively. There’s a huge gap defensively. But I will admit that defense is often ignored when we are talking about awards determined by a fan Boi media.
Little to no difference SCORING.

Huge fucking difference in CREATING for others.

I am team Joel here.

But, I think the difference in creating for others, game management is actually BIGGER than the gap in between defense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Narrative.

Embiid plays most of his season without Simmons who not only isn’t on the court but is a distraction the team has to handle. The Ringer didn’t attach to that narrative though so Zack Lowe didn’t attach himself to that narrative and the rest of the lemmings fell in line with the analytics darling narrative.

Porter/Murray played 9 out of 164 games

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you tagged me in a way that makes it look like I did.

It was a play off 20-3 which you were obviously saying they would need to hit to reach 6 as a way of saying how unlikely it is.

But yeah, probably should have tagged DJ

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little to no difference SCORING.

Huge fucking difference in CREATING for others.

I am team Joel here.

But, I think the difference in creating for others, game management is actually BIGGER than the gap in between defense.
I just think you’re focused on different styles. Embiid shouldn’t have to apologize for being a 5 that doesn’t play a point 5. They each dominate the offensive ends in different ways. I’ll grant rating as a playmaker ranks higher because of impact. At the same time, guys playing around Embiid are better because of the attention he gets. Harden is going to get a career high in assists per game because of Embiid. Maxey is able to evolve playing PG for the first time in his life because of Embiid. I think the difference in defense is vast. Embiid is never going to be the number one bulletin point on an offensive scouting report for the opponent to target and take advantage of the way Joker is in every playoff series he will ever compete in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s a joke. Making 30 million a year and people pay to come watch you and you sit out. Cost people a lot of money to watch some of these games once in their list to see their guy in dress attire. Just stating players didn’t do this in the past but it has really taken over now days. Don’t care who it is, Jordan played 82 games one of the years with the wizards. He also had time out of game awhile so obviously he’s gonna lose a step.

It is not a joke. It is a problem the league has the power to fix.

Too many games in too short a time.

Doesn’t matter what players did in the past, teams today have learned that strategically using load management helps bolster their chances of winning in the playoffs when it matters most.

It is an obvious conflict for the fans who want to see the best players play, but it is 100% in the best interest of the teams to sit players out occasionally.

So shorten the season. Other pro leagues play less than half the games the NBA does.