• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah definitely a head scratcher there.
But hopefully it doesn’t get too much traction by the antagonists.
He isn’t the biggest name as far as Marvel Avenger Actors go.

But, considering the fact that he already commented on it, right after playing in the celebrity game, might mean it already has legs.

Because of the Lebron and NBA hate in general by the right, I think it will hit a few publications.

They should apologize publicly, like they tried to make Kyrie do.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn’t the biggest name as far as Marvel Avenger Actors go.

But, considering the fact that he already commented on it, right after playing in the celebrity game, might mean it already has legs.

Because of the Lebron and NBA hate in general by the right, I think it will hit a few publications.

They should apologize publicly, like they tried to make Kyrie do.
Might not be a bad idea.
Nip it in the bud while they can before it gets to the crazy spin point.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found 3 games he missed due to bullshit last week and it wasn't good enough for you...go find your own articles to make yourself feel better

Oh did you really?

Then post them in here. -->I asked you to post something legit to back your claims up yesterday and you didn't.<--

You look for any reason to have an issue with LeBron.

Hell yesterday you proved how much of hater you really are when you foolishly said he's the king load management. That right there was a very odd thing to outright lie about.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh did you really?

Then post them in here. -->I asked you to post something legit to back your claims up yesterday and you didn't.<--

You look for any reason to have an issue with LeBron.

Hell yesterday you proved how much of hater you really are when you foolishly said he's the king load management. That right there was a very odd thing to outright lie about.

Yeah, apparently he had/has an issue with his left ankle. My guess is, if it was the playoffs, he'd have played. It would have been nice to have him for those 3 games because they have very little room for error. But more important that he's healthy and rested going into the final stretch of games.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA insider Brian Windhorst of ESPN has spoken out about Davis’ current situation with the Lakers. The renowned NBA guru guested on The Dan Patrick Show recently, and he took it as an opportunity to drop a truth bomb on AD’s commitment level with LeBron and the Lakers: “While I admit there might be something amiss there, I don’t think Anthony Davis wants to not be a Laker,” Windhorst said (h/t Jonathan Sherman of Lakers Daily). “My understanding is he still is 100 percent bought in on that.”

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The award isn’t about winning. Jokic won last year as a 6 seed. It’s a popularity contest.

Do you think Jokic becoming the first player ever to record a 2,000/1,000/500 season had something to do with him repeating as MVP?

The Nuggets were without their 2nd & 3rd best players last season. I wonder how the 76ers would do if they didn't have their 2nd & 3rd best players for an entire season?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, apparently he had/has an issue with his left ankle. My guess is, if it was the playoffs, he'd have played. It would have been nice to have him for those 3 games because they have very little room for error. But more important that he's healthy and rested going into the final stretch of games.

But he didn't take some games off for load management like tabascojet claimed right?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA insider Brian Windhorst of ESPN has spoken out about Davis’ current situation with the Lakers. The renowned NBA guru guested on The Dan Patrick Show recently, and he took it as an opportunity to drop a truth bomb on AD’s commitment level with LeBron and the Lakers: “While I admit there might be something amiss there, I don’t think Anthony Davis wants to not be a Laker,” Windhorst said (h/t Jonathan Sherman of Lakers Daily). “My understanding is he still is 100 percent bought in on that.”

Yeah, saw the interview yesterday. He also said something along the lines of "it's a long season and things can flare up from time to time".

Whatever it is, it'll probably get out sooner or later. Seems like stuff like this usually does.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn't take some games off for load management like tabascojet claimed right?
Lebron has been an iron man of the NBA. Most guys are sitting on the couch at his age and yet he is still playing at a very high level, it’s not crazy he is now suffering minor injuries here and there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not according to what has been reported. Haven't seen or heard anything different.

Even if it was load management, so what? Dude's 38 years old and has logged more games and minutes than anyone in league history or damn close to it and has been averaging damn near 40 minutes a game this season trying to keep the team within striking distance of the playoffs.

If the Lakers had a better record, he'd be in the thick of the MVP race.

As a Lakers fan, even if it was load management, I wouldn't care for the timing, but I wouldn't complain either. He's earned the benefit of the doubt, imo.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching people play 82 game seasons averaging 35 minutes a game and they didn’t have load management. Amazing how much it has changed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Jokic becoming the first player ever to record a 2,000/1,000/500 season had something to do with him repeating as MVP?

The Nuggets were without their 2nd & 3rd best players last season. I wonder how the 76ers would do if they didn't have their 2nd & 3rd best players for an entire season?
I fully concede that was the narrative in 2022 and that winning was ancillary. Now in 2023 the fact that Denver is the one seed in the weak sister conference is a big piece of the narrative.

You see where I’m going? When you have that kind of divergence in the narrative from one year to the next, that establishes this as a fugaze popularity award controlled by bitches with algorithms who in their own lives in sports maxed out as members of their high school JV soccer team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has been an iron man of the NBA. Most guys are sitting on the couch at his age and yet he is still playing at a very high level, it’s not crazy he is now suffering minor injuries here and there.

Exactly. You can say some things about LeBron but he's never been one for load management. Taking games off to rest has never been his thing, he wants to be on the court.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to what has been reported. Haven't seen or heard anything different.

Even if it was load management, so what? Dude's 38 years old and has logged more games and minutes than anyone in league history or damn close to it and has been averaging damn near 40 minutes a game this season trying to keep the team within striking distance of the playoffs.

If the Lakers had a better record, he'd be in the thick of the MVP race.

As a Lakers fan, even if it was load management, I wouldn't care for the timing, but I wouldn't complain either. He's earned the benefit of the doubt, imo.

People that have issues with a player will come up with any excuse to be critical. Even when what they're saying is a complete lie.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Additionally, I want to reiterate that if I had a vote this year, I would have Giannis number one on my ballot, Embiid 2, and Tatum 3. I wouldn’t have Jokic on my list. 3 straight MVPs is rare air and in my opinion Joker hasn’t earned the right to hold that honor with Russell, Wilt, and Bird.