• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathematically, yep.

Now, if they get in via playin?

Yikes for the teams that finish top 2…lol

Hell of a reward.
what it comes down to is that the Lakers def. have a chance to make up ground- any team with LeBron and AD do if they are healthy.

Its just so hard trust them with an underwhelming coach and the fact that we have seen them not play good basketball most of the year. It could happen sure- but its hard to predict it when we just have not seen it.

Maybe getting rid of RW and the team buying into playing in a system will be a big help (if it can happen and they can pull it off). Theres reasons to think they could make up real ground- just so hard to rely on it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, it's not just being 3 1/2 games out of the 6 seed with only 23 left to play, it's having to pass SEVEN other teams who will be trying to win too. You may pass a couple but you aren't going to do 3 games better than all 7. They could make the 10 seed much easier, only 2 back with only 3 teams ahead of them, and even that won't be a gimme.
right.......

i mean- there are arguments to be made - (i) if LeBron and AD are BOTH healthy, (ii) if they both dont sit out games, (iii) if their sytem improves without RW, (iv) if guys like Vanderbilt and Beasley are substantial improvements over walking poop like Troy Brown Jr.; (v) if Hamm improves and settles into the role.

its just so hard to predict it when we just have not seen it. What we have seen is a team that is poorly/mediocrely coached, a team where the stars are often injured and sit out, a team that even with the trades is poor defensively; a team that is bad at shooting the 3....

teams that cant play D and cant shoot the 3 typically arent good teams--- now AD and LeBron can paper over that problem- but you kinda put yourself behind the 8 ball when you cant shoot a 3's and are not good defensively.....almost every team can do one or the other. The Lakers are one of the few teams in the bottom third defensively and bottom 3rd at shooting the 3......they have to hope the new personnel improve both those things and the guys stay healthy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While all is going out to the west coast, nobody is payin attention the the NEW York Knicks…

Only the Celtics stand in the way, Tonya Harding, where u at…
I would love if the Knicks could get the 5 seed and play the Cavs first round. would be ideal. id put my name in for 2nd round seats without any nervousness.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, both teams are whole.

Clippers still have the better team and roster CURRENTLY.

If either team loses one of the stars, they are fucked.

But, I think the Clippers would still make the playin.

Taller midget…lol
one advantage the Clippers have is having a MUCH MUCH better coach.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhhhhh...25, 11 and 10 on a team set for the 2nd most wins in the league is pretty good. No one is gonna double you either and let you swing unless you are good-

I mean- Embiid gets doubled constantly and is at 4 apg.....8 more points a game though. Better defense. Worse record.

not sure what the argument would be for Embiid. Hes been great- top 3-5 MVP without a doubt....but 25, 11 and 10 on a team leading the conference is just simply a better resume. Dont know how you can argue otherwise. Jokic's resume is just better. I have always been an Embiid supporter too.
Truth be told, I already said the other day that I think Giannis is the MVP. It doesn’t matter Jokic has been anointed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right

if Philly gets the 1 or 2 seed in the East- and the Nugz and Jokic get the 3 seed- then sure- embiid has an argument. Resumes just dont stack up right now.
The award isn’t about winning. Jokic won last year as a 6 seed. It’s a popularity contest.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do I expect?
Maybe let’s not fawn all over a basic swing pass that you see in every NBA game played these days. This is a scheme. Feel the double and the ball goes to the off side corner for an open look. This is basic shit and this Fan Boi that pretends to be a journalist calls it an “insane pass”

And then in the other tweet they make it seem like floater efficiency is anything that’s ever been tracked before. It’s a god damn shot style haha.

It’s just so ridiculous how they worship this dude. Sad.

I can vouch I've never heard of floater efficiency lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can vouch I've never heard of floater efficiency lol
They’re running out of nonsense. It’s the weirdest thing in the world to me. If this guy really is worthy of winning 3 MVPs in a row why is NBA media so thirsty disseminating nonsense like this to justify the guy?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the guy posting how he wants a steak in a vegan forum....the self-awareness rating for DJ in NBA2k is a 0

lol

Wiggy posting about someone else's self awareness.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on LeBron and AD's health.

While it would be funny to see them miss the play-in, they should make it with Utah and OKC not really trying to win yet and putting real NBA players on the court most of the time after the deadline deals

but if LeBron or AD gets hurt (again)- then all bets are off.

Wonder what either will have left even if they do make the playoffs since it appears they are both gonna have to push it.

Cmon LeBron- you really want to end your career chasing a play-in spot? sad.
Salty about Bron leaving.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a fair point....Top 10 LeBron well under .500 is hard to justify---especially since its not like the West is what it used to be.

Having said that- the record is much more the consequence of poor ownership and front office than LeBron failing.
We have a title more recently than the Cavs do. Just a few years ago.

Good luck in the EC.