• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca my kids just took me to see Quantumania....it was bonkers. Kinda liked it but not as anything that made sense. It was like a fun acid trip.
Reminded me of the weirdness of actual comic books, those stories get nuts too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @WiggyRuss @bksballer89 @dtgold88

This is totally understandable.

But, how can they enforce this?

Can’t he simply pull a Carlos Boozer, Dead Ass D Fisher?

They let him outta his deal and he goes wherever the hell he wants?

Kevin Love approached the team and asked for a buyout, Windhorst added. “I don’t think they were thrilled to hear this, but I don’t think they intended to change what was working,” he said. “So now they gotta work this out. I do think there’s interest in him.” Two or three teams called Windhorst once the news broke, seeking background information on Love. He added that the Heat are “very interested,” but that given the Heat are a potential playoff opponent, the Cavs could possibly try to “negotiate some parameters” to make sure Love heads to the Western Conference.
I am sure its not binding but they could make a handshake agreement.

I do not totally understand the buyout. I understand Wade is a better option at this point. Love's defense has gone from pretty bad to non-existent. Howvver, he can still got hot from 3 and a Wade or Mobley injury would bring him back into the rotation.

I think they want to go smaller with more minutes for the guys who are more wing types on the bench--- LeVert, Osman, Rubio to a certain extent, Green, etc......

I do have to say- I think Osman and LeVert could benefit from more minutes and more consistent minutes. Okoro seems to be improving.

If the Cavs had a shallow roster I think it would be different--- but gosh- they have a lot of guys

1. Mitchell
2. Garland
3. Mobley
4. Allen
5. Okoro
6. LeVert
7. Osman
8. Rubio
9. Wade
10. Green

I think Love right now would be 11th in the rotation---and I actually think they like Stevens defense and athletcism as a depth wing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved PARTS of Wakanda 4 Ever.

But, its totally mid.

Thor was TRASH.

Strange was kinda meh too.

Captain Marvel, Loki, Yelena Belova, Scarlet Witch are my favs.

Loki is banging.

Dunno what to expect out of the Marvels.

Thunderbolts COULD BE a hit, if done right.

As for Wanda, as good as she was in the Movie, not even she could salvage that shit after they overpowered her to the degree that she wiped out the entire fucking Illuminati in 5 minutes of screen time.

Fug outta here, man.

* in before @trojanfan12 *

View attachment 321426
really Marvel hit its peak at End Game.....

I will still watch Guardians 3 when it comes out...but it is getting a little played out and a little woke- and then it starts going downhill.

They had Civil War, Ragnarok, Infinity War, End Game....all very good movies relatively close together in the saga.....

its just getting a little played out

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

He isn’t washed.

Dude, we can’t have him go to the Dubs or Suns.

That’s a problem.

I want him to go to the Heat, 6ers, Blazers.

If not, you take one for the goddamn team and sign him.
he can still get hot and can still shoot the 3 so there should be a spot for him.

Cavs have the leagues #1 rated defense and seem to priortize that.

That- and the rotation in Cleveland has gotten pretty long- esp. with Rubio back, Okoro coming on, Wade back and Green signed. I think they want to get more minutes for wing guys like Osman, LeVert, Okoro- and also get Rubio on the court more.

I do have to say- if Wade gets injured again- they will have to play Lopez- who brings more defense then Love, but Lopez and Allen together is not a good look.

Its tough- one injury to Wade or Mobley or Allen he would be back in the rotation a little bit--- but as of right now he is pretty far down and wants to play so he can get a spot and some $ next year somewhere.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're doing him a solid. He's pretty cooked. Cavs have a good team and he doesn't make them better. He can barely move now. He was never great defensively, but its like he's running thru mud nowadays. It's been like that for a couple years not but he could still shoot. However, now his shooting is falling off. I don't think he has much to offer any team unless they have a gaping hole in the front court. Like if your team has been decimated by injuries or something, he can maybe give you some patchwork 15 minutes a game. Most of those won't be pretty, but ever now and then he might give you something.
I agree with the defensive part

I do think when Wade was hurt for an extended period of time and before Rubio was back and before they signed Green- he was due more run- and they needed him a little bit- but his thumb was busted and he tried to play through it. That hurt his shooting.

The guy still had 30 point game where he buried 8 threes earlier this year- he can get hot and effect the game- he can still pass and he can still rebound--- but he cant do it consitently- and his defense has gone from poor to bad.

as a team with a defensive identity- I think its something the Cavs prioritize.

that said- one Wade or Allen injury- and he could be useful. Tricky situation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was sort of inevitable that whole scene would start to get stale. How many more "villains trying to destroy the world vs superheroes we've seen many times" movies do people want?
agreed

it started as iron man in a cave.....and grew to this crazy tons of super-human super heroes all over the galaxy....at that point where do you really go? how do you raise the stakes? you just cant.

End Game was the culmination of prime Marvel. I gotta say- I do not think I have watched a marvel movie since.

without Boseman, Downey Jr. and Chris Evans they have lost some star power too.

Plus- they have started to push the wokeness as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can absolutely put his team in a better position than it is even at 38.

AD and RW and schroder? No excuse for this team to be sub500
its a fair point....Top 10 LeBron well under .500 is hard to justify---especially since its not like the West is what it used to be.

Having said that- the record is much more the consequence of poor ownership and front office than LeBron failing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta work on being more subtle.

They also probably didn't appreciate me saying my dream was to run a puppy farm and sell some pits for a tidy profit. However, I did avoid any Michael Vick references though.
this is prob. the most disgusting post - out of a ton of them- that I have ever seen you post.

I despise heathens who run puppy farms and breed and sell dogs when so many dogs are in shelters and need homes. It is honestly one of my biggest pet peeves (if you would call it that- not a perfect description).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do I expect?
Maybe let’s not fawn all over a basic swing pass that you see in every NBA game played these days. This is a scheme. Feel the double and the ball goes to the off side corner for an open look. This is basic shit and this Fan Boi that pretends to be a journalist calls it an “insane pass”

And then in the other tweet they make it seem like floater efficiency is anything that’s ever been tracked before. It’s a god damn shot style haha.

It’s just so ridiculous how they worship this dude. Sad.
ehhhhhh...25, 11 and 10 on a team set for the 2nd most wins in the league is pretty good. No one is gonna double you either and let you swing unless you are good-

I mean- Embiid gets doubled constantly and is at 4 apg.....8 more points a game though. Better defense. Worse record.

not sure what the argument would be for Embiid. Hes been great- top 3-5 MVP without a doubt....but 25, 11 and 10 on a team leading the conference is just simply a better resume. Dont know how you can argue otherwise. Jokic's resume is just better. I have always been an Embiid supporter too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not automatic but about 95% sure he gets it. 3 in a row is rare but a center avg a triple double is pretty damn rare. Only way i see him not winning is if denver collapse and end up as the 3 seed or something
right

if Philly gets the 1 or 2 seed in the East- and the Nugz and Jokic get the 3 seed- then sure- embiid has an argument. Resumes just dont stack up right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty?

You must be referring to the playin.

There are a hair above 20 games left.

You don’t control your own destiny.

It isn’t enough for you to win more, unless the teams ahead of you start floundering.

Saving grace is that OKC and Utah have several games left against each other.

That is the Lakers best shot to catch and pass both.
DJ being hopeful the 13th place Lakers can make up some ground...lol. ITs just too good.

The Jeanie Buss Lakers everyone!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he does do more than that but he isn't worth that kind of money in the end. Some team will most likely want him added but once he starts declining that extension is going to look bad. He isn't there yet.
I def. wouldnt want my team to give Draymond his next (and prob. last) contract....mistake waiting ot happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 @Shaqdaddy11 @DJ @Shanemansj13

We don’t have shit to do.

No real basketball for a week.

So, let’s chop it up.

Here are the standings and the remaining games for some of the teams.

Who will the Lakers catch?

View attachment 321513

View attachment 321512

View attachment 321514
View attachment 321515View attachment 321516View attachment 321517View attachment 321518
depends on LeBron and AD's health.

While it would be funny to see them miss the play-in, they should make it with Utah and OKC not really trying to win yet and putting real NBA players on the court most of the time after the deadline deals

but if LeBron or AD gets hurt (again)- then all bets are off.

Wonder what either will have left even if they do make the playoffs since it appears they are both gonna have to push it.

Cmon LeBron- you really want to end your career chasing a play-in spot? sad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is just simple math at this point of the season.

If the Lakers go 15-8 over their last 23 games they finish with a record or 42-40. Or basically just behind the pace that Dallas is on right now currently. So a .650 winning percentage (or in other words being one of the better teams in the league) probably doesnt even get them the #6 seed.

You would need to project the Lakers winning at elite level clip of 17-6 (a .740 winning percentage) to get them to 44-38 which is likely what it will take to get up to the 5 or 6 seed.

That is crazy to think that this Lakers team could do it. But if they have a chance, the next 7 games will tell us what we need to know. Warriors twice, Griz twice, Timberwolves, OKC and Mav's once. And the OKC game they likely will be sitting people as it is a road/road back to back. Will need 5-2 to keep pace.
yah-- going from winning about 45% of your games to 65% is pretty fucking difficult too. Durant could get you there. Russell? I am skeptical.