• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Spring Training Thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to come around on Marco may be a Jamie Moyer type guy. An ace on paper but not the guy any sane person wants pitching with the season on the line.
Good call and comparison.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I understand the caution for bringing Kelenic back too soon recovering from the injury, but I get the feeling that Dip and Scotty are holding him back for more than just the injuries. Before they bring him up they say he needs more exposure to different pitchers. What am I missing here? Are they still pissed because he wouldn't sign their "contract"? Is this a politcal thing or what? The dude is busting his balls to get innto the bigs.

PS: 5th inning the offense finally busts loose. :thumb:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I understand the caution for bringing Kelenic back too soon recovering from the injury, but I get the feeling that Dip and Scotty are holding him back for more than just the injuries. Before they bring him up they say he needs more exposure to different pitchers. What am I missing here? Are they still pissed because he wouldn't sign their "contract"? Is this a politcal thing or what? The dude is busting his balls to get innto the bigs.

PS: 5th inning the offense finally busts loose. :thumb:
I agree they are holding him back from the injury and they should. They need to make sure the player doesn't hurt himself and management should step in when that is a possibility.

I don't think they are pissed at him at all. That is usually the business side (Mather in this case) who gets pissed because it is about money. GM and manager only care about on field issues or at least should. I really think both are in a bad spot with Kelenic because Dip is in his last year and Servais is tied to him. So they both want the best players up trying to save their jobs, when they should be caring about the long term plan we keep hearing about. I am coming off my hate of Dip (not that I think he is a good GM) a little because this is old school Mariners ownership tying the hands of their GM with a self imposed cheap ass cap.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Trammell needs to be on the opening day roster at this point, right? Dude has raked all spring long so far. What's to lose?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been this optimistic about the Mariners since 2000... In two years, we should be strong contenders... Our pitching is shaping up to be promising as well... I'm so excited about the season... we have so much talent on the roster...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been this optimistic about the Mariners since 2000... In two years, we should be strong contenders... Our pitching is shaping up to be promising as well... I'm so excited about the season... we have so much talent on the roster...
Time to step back a bit and but down the kool-aid Jerry Dipoto...lol.

Sorry but I remember the great promising future when we had Jr-RJ-AFraud-Edgar and it all fizzled fast and these guys aren't those guys by a long shot. Glad you are excited though. I am way too jaded to be so.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Trammell needs to be on the opening day roster at this point, right? Dude has raked all spring long so far. What's to lose?
Trammell showing off on spring training was probably last thing they wanted though (unless they can get rid of Haniger). Because of Mather’s idiotic statement, the Mariners have two choices. He either makes the opening day roster or he comes after few triple A AB’s thus saving service time. If the latter happens then the Mariners are going to be shelling out money to Kelenic the moment he gets on the 40 man. Though Trammell has been looking good and could push Marmo out of a spot. Moore France or Torrens can play emergency 1B. Trammell looks like he play all 3 OF spots decent enough.

This next is just guessing because I haven’t watched full AB yet. But he is the kind of guy that guys like can ruin. He is a lefty so he shouldn’t be called up just to split time. Give Braden his 1st month, Fraley May and Trammell June. Of course this all predicated on Kelenic having them tamper with his service time

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to step back a bit and but down the kool-aid Jerry Dipoto...lol.

Sorry but I remember the great promising future when we had Jr-RJ-AFraud-Edgar and it all fizzled fast and these guys aren't those guys by a long shot. Glad you are excited though. I am way too jaded to be so.
I guess i'm desperate to find any hope I can after the year 2020... :-)

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would personally want to see Trammell at LF and I think it is important to see what we have before we call up Kelenic or eventually Rodriguez. I am ok with Fraley not making the big league roster and going back to the minors. We were really excited about him when he broke out in AA but the sample size we have seen with him hasn't been impressive.

Speaking about being unimpressed I am so over Evan White. He has a good glove but he was a strikeout machine last season and now going into spring training he looks like he isn't going anywhere. We are paying him so we should keep him at the big league level but he is definitely nothing special he did the right thing in signing that long term contract.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess i'm desperate to find any hope I can after the year 2020... :-)
Hey I am not getting on you one bit. In fact, I applaud you. I wish I still had that glimmer of hope left in me with the Mariners. Seriously, good for you man.

:suds:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah the Chris Flexon experiment is going predictably poor. Everything up in the zone. If his change up doesn’t pan out, not sure how he sticks

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah the Chris Flexon experiment is going predictably poor. Everything up in the zone. If his change up doesn’t pan out, not sure how he sticks
Was just about to post this. He looked like garbage. But then they flashed his stats from Korea, what heck was impressive about that stat line that Jerry made it sound like he was dominant not above average.