• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots and the NFL Draft

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB didn't let Brady walk away. TB12 wanted the change and could not sustain another rebuild it was more on TB than BB.
I don't disagree, but BB didn't put a lot of effort into trying to keep him, not that it would have changed TB's mind. I was attempting not to get into the "BB forced him out" argument.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, but BB didn't put a lot of effort into trying to keep him, not that it would have changed TB's mind. I was attempting not to get into the "BB forced him out" argument.

Haha. But you're in "BB forced him out argument" now anyway. :) I am assuming BB also saw the handwriting on the wall that by the time the rebuild was over Brady would be retired so it's entirely possible he didn't try that hard to retain him thus kick starting the inevitable search for Brady's replacement.

The draft can't get here soon enough.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not have the cap space.
He signed Cam for $1 mil because that's all he could afford, remember?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not have the cap space.
He signed Cam for $1 mil because that's all he could afford, remember?
Yep. He could have made a couple of moves, but TB had pretty much made up his mind when he put the Brookline mansion on the market and moved to Greenwich, CT. in 2018. The mansion is still for sale and the price has dropped from $39M to $32M and now it's $27M. If it drops to $350K, I'm going all in.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He could have made a couple of moves, but TB had pretty much made up his mind when he put the Brookline mansion on the market and moved to Greenwich, CT. in 2018. The mansion is still for sale and the price has dropped from $39M to $32M and now it's $27M. If it drops to $350K, I'm going all in.
You are retired. Can you afford the perpetual property taxes?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting story out of NFL Network....

Justin Fields is dropping hard in the ratings. He has epilepsy and now teams are supposedly worrying that he could have a seizure under pressure in a critical game if he doesn't take his meds or his meds wear off.

The kid has never had a single problem in high school or college but now it's an issue.

If i didn't know better (I don't) this sounds like a BB scheme to move Fields out of the picture until the 15th pick in the first round.

Ironic that all this seizure sure just comes out now around draft time...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are retired. Can you afford the perpetual property taxes?
It might be a bit tough in MA. Especially Brookline. I think I could swing it for that palace. Be eating a lot Kraft Mac and Cheese and PB&J Sandwiches.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be a bit tough in MA. Especially Brookline. I think I could swing it for that palace. Be eating a lot Kraft Mac and Cheese and PB&J Sandwiches.
If you can swing the cost of the palace you can start a non-profit organization.
How about a home for divorced NFL players wives?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB doesn't keep around pains in the ass. Gilmore is gone next year and so is Jackson. Trade them and get something of value. Bring back Jason McCourty. He can't find another team and has contacted the Patriots. I would guess that Bill has told him to wait until next week.

You don't think BB signed Michael Jackson Sr., Jalen Mills and Miles Bryant for nothing do you?

There are still free agents who haven't found a home yet

Prince Amukamara Raiders 31
Mackensie Alexander Vikings 26
Trumaine Johnson Jets 30
Javien Elliot Panthers 27
Daryl Worley Raiders 25
Morris Claiborne, CB, Chiefs. Age: 30
Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Colts. Age: 27
Akeem King, CB, Seahawks. Age: 28

And if you like antiques, there's Aquib Talib 34, who hasn't officially retired.
Pats tried to sign Talib LAST year, no? He said he wasn’t interested...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody got this linebacker?

Dylan Moses, ILB, Alabama 6-3, 235 pounds

He's a heat-seeking missile that usually blows up whatever he comes into contact with. Hitting power is at an insanely high level in that when ball carriers come into contact with him, they know exactly who it was immediately.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB didn't let Brady walk away. TB12 wanted the change and could not sustain another rebuild it was more on TB than BB.
I think it had more to do with the talent BB had around Brady for his last year with the Pats. We talked about this earlier. I’m not sure how much of a hurry Brady would be in to leave had they drafted Metcalf instead of Harry, for example. Or if BB had bothered to try and replace Gronk. Brady might have left anyway, but it would have been a lot tougher for him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bleacher Report Link won't transfer.

If the draft board breaks right Thursday night, the New England Patriots could make a move into the top 10.

Per Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer, the Patriots and Carolina Panthers have done "some groundwork" on a deal involving Carolina's No. 8 pick.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Monday that New England has been making calls about moving up with the possibility that Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields could slide:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the draft board breaks right Thursday night, the New England Patriots could make a move into the top 10.

Per Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer, the Patriots and Carolina Panthers have done "some groundwork" on a deal involving Carolina's No. 8 pick.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Monday that New England has been making calls about moving up with the possibility that Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields could slide:
Will Carolina take Cam back as part of the deal?

One can hope

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO and he is the one QB I have very little confidence in

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team needs a QB in the absolute worst way. Because of that, I know that BB will not spend a 1st round pick on one. I don't think he'll go after a WR either. If he's available, I think Defensive tackle Christian Barmore would be a guy that Belichick would be very comfortable drafting.

Punter

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepare to be disappointed !!!!!
Prepare yourself to hear the word.................................Value!!!!!

For the first time in 20 years the Patriots are positioned in the draft to make significant moves to improve the football team. Historically, Bill Belichick has been picking from the back end of the talent pool.

Supposedly, he will collaborate with member of his staff when making a selection. In the end, Bill will do what bill wants to do. If Bill's power and authority take over, don't expect common sense to rule the draft. Come Sunday morning when all of the picks have been made, the last word that you will want to hear is ""Value"". What we all want 'know' is that the Patriots took the best player on the board at #15, #46, #96 and so on and so forth.

Don't be surprised........................

#15 - Jaelan Phillips
#46 - Rondale Moore
#96 - Kyle Trask

And he bypassed.....

Kwity Paye
Devonte Smith
Trey Lance

History has a way of repeating itself in Foxboro.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen I am hoping we won't be pissed come Sunday but you called it. it's happened before

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the first time in 20 years the Patriots are positioned in the draft to make significant moves to improve the football team. Historically, Bill Belichick has been picking from the back end of the talent pool.

Supposedly, he will collaborate with member of his staff when making a selection. In the end, Bill will do what bill wants to do. If Bill's power and authority take over, don't expect common sense to rule the draft. Come Sunday morning when all of the picks have been made, the last word that you will want to hear is ""Value"". What we all want 'know' is that the Patriots took the best player on the board at #15, #46, #96 and so on and so forth.

Don't be surprised........................

#15 - Jaelan Phillips
#46 - Rondale Moore
#96 - Kyle Trask

And he bypassed.....

Kwity Paye
Devonte Smith
Trey Lance

History has a way of repeating itself in Foxboro.
So based on this he would take Trask over Lance? Again UF Stadium if ten minutes from my house, I watched this kid and I still feel his receivers made him better not vice verce. I also can't see him passing on Paye if it's about value. We will see,

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So based on this he would take Trask over Lance? Again UF Stadium if ten minutes from my house, I watched this kid and I still feel his receivers made him better not vice verce. I also can't see him passing on Paye if it's about value. We will see,
I think about players that he's taken and the ones that he's passed. most recently he passed by Metcalf because like most coaches, he felt he was too muscular and would be a lumbering WR. So he took Harry instead. The "Value" Board scares the hell out of me because there's no need to look for value this year.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Bolding and increasing the font on a word used more often around here than skill? It's like me saying to my kid "don't be surprised if you get a gift for Christmas".