• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it though? Matt Ryan hasn't led the Falcons to the playoffs or a winning record for the last 3 years and it's just getting worse in Atlanta. I'm going based on what he's doing now so I'll have to disagree with you on that being an assumption. I think it's a proper judgement of current behaviors. We also know that Mason Rudolph can lead us to wins. Shit, we had a better chance of beating the Browns with Mason in Week 17 than we did in the Wild Card game with Ben.
We knowMason rudolph can lead us to wins?
Whatttt. Youre right the falcons are all ryan.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knowMason rudolph can lead us to wins?
Whatttt. Youre right the falcons are all ryan.
He almost beat the Browns with the 2nd string guys where Ben and the 1st string guys couldn't get close to beating them. Mason has also shown improvements when he played against the Browns vs. when he last played last year against the Bengals. Your boy Matt Ryan is a losing QB over the last 3 years. 18-29 since 2018, an average of 29 TDs and 11 INTs per year over the last 3 years, no playoff appearances, no division titles, no success. And you want to waste a bunch of money on that?!

Give me Mason Rudolph all fucking day.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He almost beat the Browns with the 2nd string guys where Ben and the 1st string guys couldn't get close to beating them. Mason has also shown improvements when he played against the Browns vs. when he last played last year against the Bengals. Your boy Matt Ryan is a losing QB over the last 3 years. 18-29 since 2018, an average of 29 TDs and 11 INTs per year over the last 3 years, no playoff appearances, no division titles, no success. And you want to waste a bunch of money on that?!

Give me Mason Rudolph all fucking day.
Yet ben did beat them this year. Almost counts i guess

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather look literally anywhere else than hand this team to Mason fucking Rudolph, or Duck fucking Duck.

Those two guys are the ones you play when you are tanking for a pick the next year. But you can do that with any schmuck off the street, too.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather look literally anywhere else than hand this team to Mason fucking Rudolph, or Duck fucking Duck.

Those two guys are the ones you play when you are tanking for a pick the next year. But you can do that with any schmuck off the street, too.
big brother winners GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Steelers are trying to compete Matt Ryan is not going to save us enough money to make more sense than Ben. Ben is still better than Ryan. If the Steelers for some incomprehensible reason think their window is still open (the defense is there still) then the only option is Ben. He's not what he was, his mobility is really bad, like worse than mine bad... but he's still got it for the most part. The QB's I would take over him are either unavailable, unattainable or out of our price range.

The change in coordinator though... that probably isn't going to help Ben maintain. Learning a new system and all in your last year?

If we are rebuilding I don't mind Rudolph as an option. Not because I think we can win with him, but because we need a crash test dummy to take the hits while we rebuild the offensive line. The question is... what sort of shape is the defense in once that line is rebuilt and a new starting quarterback is found?

Ugh.

Last edited:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are rebuilding I don't mind Rudolph as an option. Not because I think we can win with him, but because we need a crash test dummy to take the hits while we rebuild the offensive line. The question is... what sort of shape is the defense in once that line is rebuilt and a new starting quarterback is found?
Right here. Thank you!

(Heads up this is gonna be wordy so, be prepared)

If Ben retires, we are entering a rebuilding mode where we aren't gonna be that competitive for a few years and I'm fine with that as long as we are on the path to go back to the dominant Steeler football that we all know we can play. Spending $15-20M on an aging vet who hasn't been to the playoffs since 2016 isn't going to do ANYTHING for us outside of delay our rebuild and our potential return to competitive football for a year and give us even more of a bad name in the football world because, now, we've changed starting QBs and we still can't go anywhere so at that point, you are just BEGGING for Mike Tomlin or Kevin Colbert to be fired. There's just no one left to take the blame at that point.

The worst case scenario for starting Mason Rudolph -
- We don't make the playoffs
- We have to get another QB but we are starting the rebuild right now, not waiting a year.

The best case scenario for starting Mason Rudolph -
- We don't miss a beat and continue to make the playoffs.
- We contend but we might be a bit better as the younger, more teachable QB continues to grow and improve all the while on the back end of his rookie contract, thus making him a MUCH cheaper option under center.
- We don't go through a period where we are missing the playoffs back to back years.

The worst case scenario for starting Matt Ryan -
- Based on current patterns, we finish anywhere between 4-12 and 7-9 and we miss the playoffs.
- The growing mutiny that calls for Tomlin's job continues to grow to the point where he does get fired and he does end up coaching elsewhere.
- We push back our rebuild a year.

The best case scenario for starting Matt Ryan -
- We finished 7-9 or 8-8, we miss the playoffs but we get better draft picks in the process to help our rebuild.
- Mason Rudolph gets another year to learn behind a vet QB before taking over.

I would just implore those who are SERIOUSLY considering another QB option that isn't Mason or trading for DeShaun Watson to outweigh the pros and cons of a situation before making a concrete decision. Matt Ryan is expensive, old and not very good anymore. Mason Rudolph is cheap, young and showed improvements from last year. It's a no brainer for me.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Right here. Thank you!

(Heads up this is gonna be wordy so, be prepared)

If Ben retires, we are entering a rebuilding mode where we aren't gonna be that competitive for a few years and I'm fine with that as long as we are on the path to go back to the dominant Steeler football that we all know we can play. Spending $15-20M on an aging vet who hasn't been to the playoffs since 2016 isn't going to do ANYTHING for us outside of delay our rebuild and our potential return to competitive football for a year and give us even more of a bad name in the football world because, now, we've changed starting QBs and we still can't go anywhere so at that point, you are just BEGGING for Mike Tomlin or Kevin Colbert to be fired. There's just no one left to take the blame at that point.

The worst case scenario for starting Mason Rudolph -
- We don't make the playoffs
- We have to get another QB but we are starting the rebuild right now, not waiting a year.

The best case scenario for starting Mason Rudolph -
- We don't miss a beat and continue to make the playoffs.
- We contend but we might be a bit better as the younger, more teachable QB continues to grow and improve all the while on the back end of his rookie contract, thus making him a MUCH cheaper option under center.
- We don't go through a period where we are missing the playoffs back to back years.

The worst case scenario for starting Matt Ryan -
- Based on current patterns, we finish anywhere between 4-12 and 7-9 and we miss the playoffs.
- The growing mutiny that calls for Tomlin's job continues to grow to the point where he does get fired and he does end up coaching elsewhere.
- We push back our rebuild a year.

The best case scenario for starting Matt Ryan -
- We finished 7-9 or 8-8, we miss the playoffs but we get better draft picks in the process to help our rebuild.
- Mason Rudolph gets another year to learn behind a vet QB before taking over.

I would just implore those who are SERIOUSLY considering another QB option that isn't Mason or trading for DeShaun Watson to outweigh the pros and cons of a situation before making a concrete decision. Matt Ryan is expensive, old and not very good anymore. Mason Rudolph is cheap, young and showed improvements from last year. It's a no brainer for me.
I'm not a huge fan of Ryan at this point but you honestly think they have zero chance to win more than 8 games with him at the helm while Rudolph can lead them to the playoffs in a best case scenario for both?

I'm all for starting over but you hold Rudolph is much higher regard than I do. The guy is a backup at best. This team needs a major overhaul on offense but neglecting it in the 1st round for the last 8 years tends to do that. Ben used be to able to carry the load but those days are over. Their OL is awful, they have no starting RB or TE, and their receivers are prima donnas.

Lack of leadership has caught up with this team and unfortunately there is no one left to right the ship. Dark days ahead.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of Ryan at this point but you honestly think they have zero chance to win more than 8 games with him at the helm while Rudolph can lead them to the playoffs in a best case scenario for both?
Just to give even MORE reasons than I already have in regards to why Matt Ryan shouldn't be a choice:
- He throws more INTs than Ben does.
- He throws less TDs than Ben does.
- His accuracy is in a decline. He's throwing more passes and making less of them.

Matt Ryan isn't winning a Super Bowl for us. Matt Ryan isn't taking us to the AFC title game. Shit, Matt Ryan ISN'T TAKING US TO THE PLAYOFFS. He's proven that he can't lead a team to success anymore. Matt Ryan hasn't won more than 8 games since 2017. 7, 7 and 4. 18 Ws in 3 years. Like, are we fucking serious here?
I'm all for starting over but you hold Rudolph is much higher regard than I do. The guy is a backup at best. This team needs a major overhaul on offense but neglecting it in the 1st round for the last 8 years tends to do that. Ben used be to able to carry the load but those days are over. Their OL is awful, they have no starting RB or TE, and their receivers are prima donnas.
I don't hold him to anything outside of what I've seen from him and the facts. I think this is such a debate because I'm really the only one who has been ready to move on from Ben for quite some time. I was calling for him to retire in 2017 after the Jaguars debacle. I'm calling for him to retire now.

Here's the facts:

Mason Rudolph has improved from last year. Matt Ryan has literally declined each of the last 3 years.
He knows the offense and the playbook already. Matt Ryan would have to learn it all from scratch.
We know we can finish 8-8 at least with Mason. Matt Ryan has finished sub-.500 each of the last 3 years.
He already has a relationship with the coaches and players. We would have to hope that Matt Ryan gels with this group of guys fast.

I never said he's get us to a Super Bowl or anything like that. All I'm saying is, we have a better chance at STAYING COMPETITIVE with Mason than we do Matt Ryan and I'm not assuming anything, I'm going by facts and what I've seen on the field for both of them. Of course I could be proven wrong, wouldn't be the first or last time that's happened. But we stand to lose more (not just losing football games but money and time) taking a chance on Matt Ryan than we do putting Mason Rudolph in there.
Lack of leadership has caught up with this team and unfortunately there is no one left to right the ship. Dark days ahead.
Agreed. Tomlin doesn't care. Ben is halfway out the door every offseason. We ALWAYS have some fucking dickhead from our locker room talking shit after we punched a ticket to be a spectator at home instead of punching a ticket to the next game. JuJu and his Tik Tok dances on opponents logos, Chase blabbing about after we lost to Cleveland. "Losing? Never heard of her." Yeah, losing 5 out of the last 6 games sounds a lot like FUCKING LOSING to me! Where is the guy who's gonna take charge and stop this shit from happening? It's an EVERY YEAR thing with these fucking guys. First Bell and AB and now JuJu and Chase? And JuJu is SUPPOSED to be the LEADER of that WR group?! We are in for a world of hurt if Tomlin or Colbert or someone doesn't get shit right.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Canada expected to be named new OC.

Ben expects to come back. And is fighting for JuJu to come back with him.

I hope Pouncey wants to retire. Otherwise, Ben will swing his dick around for him, too.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Canada expected to be named new OC.

Ben expects to come back. And is fighting for JuJu to come back with him.

I hope Pouncey wants to retire. Otherwise, Ben will swing his dick around for him, too.

Like the Canada promotion. Nothing bad to say about that.

Ben coming back, kinda figured that happening. Man I want to want JuJu to come back. I really really do. But I can't help but see a hint of AB's antics in the things that he's doing and this is only year 4. AB was doing this shit at year 8. If JuJu can't grow up and become a leader, I don't want him here leading these younger WRs.

Pouncey retiring, eh. I'm indifferent about it. More indifferent after last week, definitely. But if he retires, we WILL need to get a shiny new C in the draft or in free agency. Don't trust Hassenauer, or however you spell his name, enough to give him the nod. C's from the draft I'd be willing to draft at 24 would be Trey Hill from Georgia or Josh Myers from Ohio State. I wouldn't take a chance on Dickerson from Bama after his knee injury. Free agent C's I'd be willing to try and sign would be Corey Linsley from GB or David Andrews from NE. Andrews would probably be the cheaper option but I think Linsley will be the best FA center this year.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see AB at all. Whole different kind of immature. And not brain damaged like AB.

He isn't selfish, angry or cruel about it.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance would fit Canada's offense very well.

Think about getting him, and playing him like the Ravens did with Lamar in his rookie season before turning the reins over to him full time in '22....

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see AB at all. Whole different kind of immature. And not brain damaged like AB.

He isn't selfish, angry or cruel about it.
AB didn't just get like that. It started somewhere. It just worries me the issues that he has 4 years into his NFL career. And the issues seem to be getting worse. IDK if I want to be associated with whatever comes next.