• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Quarterback Carousel

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are going to have to work out of cap hell. While that's true, they are not likely going to be looking to do it by dumping a viable QB.
They dont want to be in the Patriots position.

Greg Bedard is near the very bottom of the media people in Boston. He can't even get a phone call on any radio program. Something happened last year and he nearly disappeared. He's doing anything to get clicks or someone to give him a job.

I get NFLRumors on my phone every day and they're even reaching because there just isn't any news. Last week they JJ Watts going to nearly every team. They thought that they had a nugget about the Browns and JJ and it dies a quick death. The one thing I will say for them, they stick a name with every rumor and rarely take any credit. Or should I say, 'blame"?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the pandemic has done anything, it's forced people my age to find more things to do at home. I DVR every Patriots game from the preseason through the playoffs. igenerally have always deleted a loss because Knowing what happens before I see it is just too painful. Anyway in 2020 I DVR'd all of the games an of course have the seven wins. I warched them all again over the last three days and finished this morning with the final Jets game.

I've come to one conclusion: If Bill Belichick brings back Cam Newton to QB the Patriots, he should be fired.

Re-watching these games for the third or fourth time leaves no doubt that even when the Patriots won a game, Cam did everything humanly possible to do the exact opposite. I can't count the number of times that he threw to a WR that was double or triple covered. His brain never allowed hm to throw a ball where a receiver was going to be, he always seemed to throw it where the receiver was when he released it. When Cam missed, it wasn't because the receiver couldn't get to it, the receiver couldn't reach far enough behind him to pull it in. On numerous 1st, 2nd,or 3rd and Goal, Cam never once hit a receiver crossing the end zone. I can't tell you how many times a pass got knocked away by a defender.

In my opinion, Cam is not like a fine wine that gets better with age. He's a tuna fish sandwich that's been sitting in the 95 degree sun all day.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe offer a 2nd or 3rd or something for Gardner Minshew. With the Eagles trading Wentz, they might want another QB on the roster to compete with Hurts. Maybe they try and trade for Minshew?

Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we all make our thoughts known and attempt to solve all of the perceived Patriots' problems, how about a tiny twist?

BB isn't looking to draft a quarterback until the fifth or sixth or maybe even the seventh round. Why you ask? Because he has his startng quarterback already on the roster. Jarrett Stidham. Forget 2020. The reason that BB didn't play him was because he knew that he wouldn't have the adequate targets to make the passing game even worth attempting to try.
Maybe.

Maybe not.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not.

Like I said, Dakota Randall a Digital Producer for NESN quoting Greg Bedard of the BostonSportsJournal who made a statement without as much as a reference to any players making any comment of any kind and then wildly guessed at the reason for his supposed statement about players not trusting Stidham. "Maybe it was injury or something". Sticks like water. Click, click, click...........

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Dakota Randall a Digital Producer for NESN quoting Greg Bedard of the BostonSportsJournal who made a statement without as much as a reference to any players making any comment of any kind and then wildly guessed at the reason for his supposed statement about players not trusting Stidham. "Maybe it was injury or something". Sticks like water. Click, click, click...........
I for one, am hoping Stidham has a chance. Deserves a chance. Gets a chance.
Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out there is as lot of reasons to......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Mariota is who I'd bring in. And then draft another.
FRom reports I've read and heard, Mariota is being sought by several teams which is driving up his price. Time to walk away, Renee. Last I heard was that it would be a 2nd and 4th. Rather take my chances with a kid than give up that kind of capital for someone who hasn't played regularly for more than three years. And who wasn't playing all that well.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FRom reports I've read and heard, Mariota is being sought by several teams which is driving up his price. Time to walk away, Renee. Last I heard was that it would be a 2nd and 4th. Rather take my chances with a kid than give up that kind of capital for someone who hasn't played regularly for more than three years. And who wasn't playing all that well.

He looked fine when he stepped in with the Raiders for a spell last year.

I'd kick the tires.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Mariota is who I'd bring in. And then draft another.
Fuck that shit.
Just say no to Maryota.
Just get him out of your head.
Roll with Stiddy and Dolegala before you waste any time on that up and down injury riddled team Lieutenant.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we are. Even as "knowledgable fans" we have no idea where we are going.
We got opinions!
I hope BB has an idea. Any idea.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope BB has an idea. Any idea.
BB has everyone's undies in a bind. About two weeks ago he was approached by a couple of local media guys and they asked him what's happening with free agency and the draft. He looked at them and said, "Nothing. Nothing. The season will start March 17. Nothing is happening until then. He walked away and hasn't been seen in public since.

We have no idea of how many times Bill and his staff have met, talked or had a cup of coffee. I would think that the guys who cover the Pats, must visit Gillette at least once a week to see if the coaches' cars are all parked outside.

My guess? Bill already has a list of FA that he plans to call right away and then folow up, with follow ups and then another list of fourth and fifth choices. The draft list and Value List will go up around the 1st of April. In the War Room, of course.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB has everyone's undies in a bind. About two weeks ago he was approached by a couple of local media guys and they asked him what's happening with free agency and the draft. He looked at them and said, "Nothing. Nothing. The season will start March 17. Nothing is happening until then. He walked away and hasn't been seen in public since.

We have no idea of how many times Bill and his staff have met, talked or had a cup of coffee. I would think that the guys who cover the Pats, must visit Gillette at least once a week to see if the coaches' cars are all parked outside.

My guess? Bill already has a list of FA that he plans to call right away and then folow up, with follow ups and then another list of fourth and fifth choices. The draft list and Value List will go up around the 1st of April. In the War Room, of course.
I stopped reading after "he was approached by a couple of local media guys "... there's never anything more than a laugh that follows that line.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all that.

Third time's the charm??
Maybe.
Maybe somewhere else.
I fully believe he can play and play very well.
But his ups are super high while his downs are long and frustrating, like he doesn't have the competitive spirit to maintain a full season of playing hard. Or even a few weeks of playing hard.
Not to mention, he is a QB that his team doesn't rally behind.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.
Maybe somewhere else.
I fully believe he can play and play very well.
But his ups are super high while his downs are long and frustrating, like he doesn't have the competitive spirit to maintain a full season of playing hard. Or even a few weeks of playing hard.
Not to mention, he is a QB that his team doesn't rally behind.

I'm still in.