• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see anyone else taking on Westbrook at this point
well he just doesnt have any trade value.

Even if a team wanted him (which is unlikely for a variety of reasons)- they would have to GUT their own team to match salaries. He is literally at 44M.

A team would have to trade multiple multiple high $ guys.

that combo makes it extremely unlikely- unless its for John Wall.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what’s coming back. This off season you could potentially see Luka, Harden, Dame, Jaylon Brown, and Beal get moved. The things I value in a trade now:
- a three level scorer that can get his own shot (don’t think that will be available)
-packaging Harris bad contract with Simmons and rebuilding the role players around Embiid
- using Simmons to get Harrison Barnes and Halliburton

These are the only three circumstance I would deal Simmons before the deadline.
Luka?

other guys I agree with. Luka no way.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the start of 22 Westbrook is barely averaging 5 assists a game. That is a career low. I don’t see how the Lakers can win like that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To give you an idea (which I assume you do) of how bad RW has been this year his VORP is worse than Jeremy Lamb's. THT is actually performing at worse than replacement level.

So you're Grabbing two of Indiana's most valuable trade assets for that?
Totally agree.

that is a better deal than the Wiz got from the Lakers!

Turner and LeVert are both signed to reasonable deals next year too. Other teams are interested in both guys.

I have no doubt the Pacers could get AT LEAST James Bouknight and salary filler thats less harmfull from the Hornets for Turner.

There is talk the Cavs might give up Sexton for LeVert (not that I would want that).

The options the Pacers will have for those guys drastically exceeds what the Lakers can give.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have often stated that I seriously doubt that Westbrook will go anywhere this season. AS noted by many GMs, there is no market for the trading of Westbrook right now. Having stated that, there is always one or two teams that generate a reason to trade for Westbrook. Example: Houston Rockets who want to get the Lakers to trade Westbrook and a number one for Wall. The Rocket's intent? To get rid of Wall who has the same contract as Westbrook and is older and is their Westbrook nightmare.

The hope here by the Rockets is that the Lakers will see the value in getting rid of their nightmare problem by trading for a guy that they believe the Lakers will see still has value along with the loss of a number one pick. So Stakearehigh, to your point about floating implausible trade ideas: Teams do it routinely and the Houston Rockets are yet another example.

Does this translate over to the Pacers or say the Pistons? Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. One can only wait and see what happens in real time to finally get what teams ARE doing. Meanwhile pundits and others float implausible trades and sometimes they actually happen.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets deal is actually a plausible discussion though. Indiana trading two players with that value for RW is not.

In the Detroit scenario I could maybe see if that LA pick had immediate value. A team looking to build around Cade is going to want draft capital within the next 3 years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think of the good moves Koby Altman has made

-trading for Rubio- gave up Taurean Prince and a 2nd rounder
-trading for Jarret Allen- gave up the Bucks 1st rounder
-trading for Markkenen and giving him 17M a year at the age of 24- Cavs will have him for 4 years-- gave up Larry Nance
-drafting Mobley

Markkenen, Sexton and Rubio- the list just keeps growing. I wonder if that will give them more urgency to make a move.
I'm sure if it doesn't hurt the future there was already urgency to add a playmaker which they need with or without LM.

AD2022MVP

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further I just don't understand Vogel's love for Reaves. If I'm Wayne Ellington I'm scratching my head. I'd give all the guard minutes to Russ, Bradley, Monk with a dash of Wayne. Maybe mix Nunn in there if he comes back and play THT some as a change up at the 3. But THT has not played well enough to even be in the major rotation for a playoff team.

Tighten up the rotation and stick with something. Especially when AD comes back.

You don't like Reaves? He's one of their better defenders and shows promise as a good 3 point shooter. His percentage isn't the highest right now but it isn't bad. He doesn't have a lot of volume so it's hard to know but his form is usually good and he was hitting them at a good percentage earlier in the year. I saw on Reddit some analytics that showed Reaves had one of the highest point of attack defense ratings on the team. What don't you like about him?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets deal is actually a plausible discussion though. Indiana trading two players with that value for RW is not.

In the Detroit scenario I could maybe see if that LA pick had immediate value. A team looking to build around Cade is going to want draft capital within the next 3 years.
It is a plausible discussion more so for the Rockets than the Lakers because the Lakers are not interested in getting a player who is older and probably will not see any minutes with the Lakers. They already made that mistake with Deandre Jordon. Along with that, the Lakers have little interest in this deal by giving-up another number one in '25 to get the former conditions.

I agree with you on the Detroit and even with Indiana discussions. The Lakers have already offered THT, Nunn, and the '27 number one for Jeremy Grant but Detroit has already hung-up the phone for probably some of the same things you have been suggesting.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like Reaves? He's one of their better defenders and shows promise as a good 3 point shooter. His percentage isn't the highest right now but it isn't bad. He doesn't have a lot of volume so it's hard to know but his form is usually good and he was hitting them at a good percentage earlier in the year. I saw on Reddit some analytics that showed Reaves had one of the highest point of attack defense ratings on the team. What don't you like about him?

You have another player on your team in Johnson who found himself out of the league with subpar offensive metrics yet high defensive upside. I know in a small dose he's given good metrics while playing along side Lebron James but I'm not sure he'd give anywhere what you would need for the most part otherwise.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a plausible discussion more so for the Rockets than the Lakers because the Lakers are not interested in getting a player who is older and probably will not see any minutes with the Lakers. They already made that mistake with Deandre Jordon. Along with that, the Lakers have little interest in this deal by giving-up another number one in '25 to get the former conditions.

I agree with you on the Detroit and even with Indiana discussions. The Lakers have already offered THT, Nunn, and the '27 number one for Jeremy Grant but Detroit has already hung-up the phone for probably some of the same things you have been suggesting.

Wall is 31 fwiw. 2 years younger. He just seems older