• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he has 3 flagrant fouls in his career. So yeah expecting the nba to suspend him more than 1 or 2 games isn't realistic

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he didn’t have the history it would have been zero games.

The play was reckless for sure and he deserves a small suspension.

From Allen’s angle, I don’t think there was a safe way to challenge that play. 2 guys were moving toward t he rim at a perpendicular angle at full speed. His choice was to let it go or make a play that is probably going to be a hard foul.

But the reality is that Grayson Allen wouldn’t be in the NBA if he didn’t play like that. He isn’t good enough to be the guy that lets plays go.

When you are a sub par NBA athlete trying to compete at that level, guys like Allen make up for it grit. Sometimes he crosses the line.

Yeah, it looked bad and Allen has that rep (well earned), but end of the day, while he probably should have let the play go...he tried to make a play instead. Definitely reckless, but not dirty, imo.

Plus, like you said, he's not good enough to be the guy that lets that play go.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Allen's only way to stay in the league is to be a dirty player, something that goes back to his college days, he doesn't belong in the league then.

Except that play wasn't particularly dirty. I mean, it's not like he clotheslined a guy who was going full speed to the basket or anything. When I first saw it I thought it was, but looking at it again, it really wasn't dirty.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Allen's only way to stay in the league is to be a dirty player, something that goes back to his college days, he doesn't belong in the league then.

There's a fine line between being an aggressive player and being a dirty player. And without a doubt he's the latter.

How many more times will the league let him get away with this kinda nonsense and only give him a slap on the wrist? A meaningless one game suspension won't get him to change his ways.

Maybe the next time he seriously injuries a player the league will wake up and see how dangerous his cheap shot style of play is.

Wonder if he would have only gotten a one game suspension if he did the same thing to one of the league super stars?

There are a lot of guys who have to skirt the line between playing hard and playing dirty to stay in the league.

And let’s be honest, if a multi-million per year job was on the line, everyone here would make the same choice Grayson Allen does.

Allen just maybe goes a little too far.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he has 3 flagrant fouls in his career. So yeah expecting the nba to suspend him more than 1 or 2 games isn't realistic

Right.

I don’t think it is fair to hold his antics from college against him today.

They shape public perception of him for sure.

But they shouldn’t factor into NBA consequences.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that play wasn't particularly dirty. I mean, it's not like he clotheslined a guy who was going full speed to the basket or anything. When I first saw it I thought it was, but looking at it again, it really wasn't dirty.

That play back in the day was taken totally outta context. McHale was trying to make sure Rambis didn't fall over. And he only fell over because he was hoping McHale would have been thrown outta the game so he flopped. :heh:

Too bad G. Allen didn't play back in the 80's. There would have been a line of players waiting to whoop his ass.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of guys who have to skirt the line between playing hard and playing dirty to stay in the league.

And let’s be honest, if a multi-million per year job was on the line, everyone here would make the same choice Grayson Allen does.

Allen just maybe goes a little too far.

Name another current NBAer that has a reputation anywhere close to Allen's. This isn't the first time he's done something outta line on the court. And it won't be the last. And there's no question his latest antics went too far.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen's a douche though, so everyone wants him to miss more time lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why they would trade RW for Wall but...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article from sbnation- Grayson Allen's latest dirty play on Alex Caruso caused a fractured wrist (1/22/22)

Some parts of it.

2018- during NBA summer league got ejected for striking an opponent in the head (so he's been a cheap shot artist from the moment he got to the league)

-camera's caught Allen smirking on the sideline while the officials reviewed the play (he thought what he did to Caruso was funny)

-Allen no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt after such a long history of trying to hurt his opponents

The NBA should have a zero tolerance for hitting a defenseless player in the air

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why they would trade RW for Wall but...

It's not going to help the 3 pt game much if at all, and neither are defensive stalwarts by any stretch, but if Russ has already worn out his welcome, it's an easy swap salary-wise without lengthening the commitment. May be the only way to move Russ and clear out any issues with Lebron and/or Vogel.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article from sbnation- Grayson Allen's latest dirty play on Alex Caruso caused a fractured wrist (1/22/22)

Some parts of it.

2018- during NBA summer league got ejected for striking an opponent in the head (so he's been a cheap shot artist from the moment he got to the league)

-camera's caught Allen smirking on the sideline while the officials reviewed the play (he thought what he did to Caruso was funny)

-Allen no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt after such a long history of trying to hurt his opponents

The NBA should have a zero tolerance for hitting a defenseless player in the air

He was a cheap shot artist from before he was in the league to be fair.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name another current NBAer that has a reputation anywhere close to Allen's. This isn't the first time he's done something outta line on the court. And it won't be the last. And there's no question his latest antics went too far.

Nobody has his reputation. But that is because of what he did at Duke.

There are plenty of guys hanging on to spots who have reps of being a bit dirty.

A few of the more prominent from the last few years that strike me:

Zaza Pachulia
Beverly
Steven Adams
Olynck
Draymond
Dellavadova