• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD upgraded to questionable for the Heat game. If not then, his return is close. This league is fucked now. Lakers gonna make run at 4 games over .500

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the ONE Westbrook trade (the second scenario involving Indiana in this article) that would do it for me but I doubt it will occur.

To give you an idea (which I assume you do) of how bad RW has been this year his VORP is worse than Jeremy Lamb's. THT is actually performing at worse than replacement level.

So you're Grabbing two of Indiana's most valuable trade assets for that?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers shouldn't wait till the offseason, trade Simmons by the deadline.
It all depends on what’s coming back. This off season you could potentially see Luka, Harden, Dame, Jaylon Brown, and Beal get moved. The things I value in a trade now:
- a three level scorer that can get his own shot (don’t think that will be available)
-packaging Harris bad contract with Simmons and rebuilding the role players around Embiid
- using Simmons to get Harrison Barnes and Halliburton

These are the only three circumstance I would deal Simmons before the deadline.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers vs the Heat.....we getting raped tonight on NBA TV.
Warriors probably the same right after on the same channel

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,414.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on what’s coming back. This off season you could potentially see Luka, Harden, Dame, Jaylon Brown, and Beal get moved. The things I value in a trade now:
- a three level scorer that can get his own shot (don’t think that will be available)
-packaging Harris bad contract with Simmons and rebuilding the role players around Embiid
- using Simmons to get Harrison Barnes and Halliburton

These are the only three circumstance I would deal Simmons before the deadline.
I don't think Cuban is dealing Luka.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cuban is dealing Luka.
I don’t think it matters cause Luka doesn’t want to be there anymore. But either way, all it takes is one.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To give you an idea (which I assume you do) of how bad RW has been this year his VORP is worse than Jeremy Lamb's. THT is actually performing at worse than replacement level.

So you're Grabbing two of Indiana's most valuable trade assets for that?
I presume that you know that a goodly portion of trading assets in professional sports is similar to what P.T. Barnum knew about human activity in these matters a long time ago. There is a sucker born every minute and people will put their money down and do irrational things if they perceive and believe what their getting in value is better than what they have experienced and what they think is true. The NBA is no different and that is why the VORP came about originating in Professional Baseball and spreading to other sports that evaluate human skill sets.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I presume that you know that a goodly portion of trading assets in professional sports is similar to what P.T. Barnum knew about human activity in these matters a long time ago. There is a sucker born every minute and people will put their money down and do irrational things if they perceive and believe what their getting in value is better than what they have experienced and what they think is true. The NBA is no different and that is why the VORP came about starting with Professional Baseball.
I think what you’re saying is that this proposal is crazy but it’s only plausible because the Pacers could be dumb. Correct?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on fightinfunbags. The Pacers are presently operating under the belief that they are rebuilding and thus there is a requirement for something new and hopefully better. So they give away some of their assets that they shouldn't. Then when the adrenalin wears off, they realize they didn't have to do what they did and then they have lots of regret. Just ask Pelinka in LA. All of this is commonly known as a FIRE SALE!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played awful tonight- missed FT’s, 22 TO’s, shot awful from outside but came home with the win. Add another injury to the list

Can't remember the last time I saw a team commit 20+ TO's, miss 17 FT's and still win. Plus they were only 6-27 from downtown.

If it’s good news he is out 6 weeks. If bad news, out for season

When Markkanen got injured last night thought for sure he was lost for the season. And like you said hopefully he's only out around six weeks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it matters cause Luka doesn’t want to be there anymore. But either way, all it takes is one.

Luka isn’t even to RFA yet though.

He would have to do something drastic like threaten to go play overseas to force the Mavericks to trade him.

Possible, but highly unlikely.