• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Patriots News

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at it mow they have a lot of room and picks could make sense, i couldn't see it anywhere else really maybe Tennesse but that was still iffy but this one and thet did finish the year strong 5-4 i believe so the guys left were buying in and TB could continue that. just want him to see if it isn't NE then somewhere where he has a chance to succeed and not go out on a loosing note with some of the other teams listed.

Good Stuff CDumler7 Thanks for the eye opener

Yeah I keep seeing teams listed like the Chargers and to me that would be a disaster waiting to happen. They have truly the worst OL in football. Does he really want to go somewhere where he is getting hit almost every single play? I know the Chargers want him as easier to sell tickets if Tom Brady is the face of the franchise but if I'm Tom I don't even consider it.

The Colts make some sense as they have a good coaching staff, good OL, lots of cap space to add talent and they have a decent grouping of draft picks to work with.

Tennessee I have a hard time not seeing them re-sign Tannehil. He seems to be a good fit for them and what they like to do.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but doesn't Brady currently work for the Patriots? Seems like the Pats would have a very strong case against the Raiders for tampering if Brady did indeed purchase a house and then ended up signing there.

Or am I wrong about that?

Wrong unless the Raiders bought it for him.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Brady is going to a new expansion team in Alaska. No other team for miles .
Gisele could sell a lot of clothes to Alaskans - the need a lot of clothes!
Brady plays well in the cold too. Imagine the Dolphins coming to Alaska?
Wouldn't have to worry about opposing fans buying tickets there either.
Maybe because it's a new stadium Roger would let them have a Superbowl there?
People would be lining up to have their own Tom Brady signed iggloo......

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people think that he'll be a Charger because the Chargers have to fill seats in LA and they think Tom can fill them. People think that the Colts will go hard for Brady. The biggest reason why he might go to the Raiders is that he's already spent a night with the Raiders' owner and then he and his wife fly back to Las Vegas and he buys a house. The financial opportunities in Las Vegas are huge and it's anyone's guess as to who is actually calling the shots. Giselle let Tom sign the last contract with Patriots after telling him to quit. She may be letting him sign a final one, but she's controlling where and how much.

It ain't going to be for $16M-$25M. She's going to tell him that he can't sign for less than $30M a year and the Raiders are probably willing to do it. Maybe 3 years/ $100M with $80M guaranteed. I don'tknow and no one else other than Brady and Giselle know what's going on. They ain't telling us nothin'.

The Colts? I believe they'd have to knock his socks off with such a deal he couldn't refuse. Did we forget about Deflategate? I'm sure TB is still holding a grudge against that shit organization who can't seem to find a home for more than a couple decades.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I keep seeing teams listed like the Chargers and to me that would be a disaster waiting to happen. They have truly the worst OL in football. Does he really want to go somewhere where he is getting hit almost every single play? I know the Chargers want him as easier to sell tickets if Tom Brady is the face of the franchise but if I'm Tom I don't even consider it.

The Colts make some sense as they have a good coaching staff, good OL, lots of cap space to add talent and they have a decent grouping of draft picks to work with.

Tennessee I have a hard time not seeing them re-sign Tannehil. He seems to be a good fit for them and what they like to do.

The only way I see LA is if he were to get partial ownership in the stadium and the team. That would bring him back to his SoCal roots.

Colts as attractive as it may be, I think Brady is still pissed at that organization for their role in Deflategate.

I agree on the Tannehil resigning with Tenn. Unless someone else decides to pay him to go elsewhere?

I have to think LV sounds good to he and his wife. The question is does Gruden want to bet the farm on Brady for 2-3 years and lose Carr? If Brady's perceived issues were his diminishing skills and not a lack of OL/WR/TEs this past season then Gruden could screw that franchise for the foreseeable future.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I see LA is if he were to get partial ownership in the stadium and the team. That would bring him back to his SoCal roots.
SoCal roots? He's from the SanFran Bay area. Kinda like calling my Massachusetts heritage as having DC roots.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoCal roots? He's from the SanFran Bay area. Kinda like calling my Massachusetts heritage as having DC roots.

Sure he's originally from San Mateo about 300 miles north of LA. The mansion he and Giselle had built was in LA because that is where they had been spending a lot of time prior to them even getting engaged.

I could've chosen a better word then roots I guess as roots to some may imply the beginning?

OBTW Boston to DC is about 450 miles.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wouldn't this be tampering at such a level that the Raiders would deserve a first-rounder stripped?

The league would have to be able to 'prove' tampering in a court of law. Davis is smarter and much more lethal than his father because not only did he learn from his dad, he's well educated to boot. If Goodell tried to hang a tampering charge, then no player from that point forward would be able to be in the same city as an owner, let alone at the same event.

Daw a great display on BST. The 5 Best Landing Spots for Brady:

1. MIAMI - Brady would be given a piece of the team (10%??) as the bonus for completing his contract.
2. TENNESSEE - Mike Vrabel has been one of Brady's closest friends for the past 12 years.
3. LAS VEGAS - The business opportunities for Tom and Giselle are endless and huge.
4. TAMPA BAY - The team has all of the pieces and huge cap space.
5. NEW ENGLAND - He's made his bones here and finishing his career would be the sprinkles on the sundae.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league would have to be able to 'prove' tampering in a court of law. Davis is smarter and much more lethal than his father because not only did he learn from his dad, he's well educated to boot. If Goodell tried to hang a tampering charge, then no player from that point forward would be able to be in the same city as an owner, let alone at the same event.

Daw a great display on BST. The 5 Best Landing Spots for Brady:

1. MIAMI - Brady would be given a piece of the team (10%??) as the bonus for completing his contract.
2. TENNESSEE - Mike Vrabel has been one of Brady's closest friends for the past 12 years.
3. LAS VEGAS - The business opportunities for Tom and Giselle are endless and huge.
4. TAMPA BAY - The team has all of the pieces and huge cap space.
5. NEW ENGLAND - He's made his bones here and finishing his career would be the sprinkles on the sundae.

A piece of the team!!! How does that work against the cap?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like that Bob Halloran piece on Channel 5 in Boston didn't come through.

Giselle was at a private, all-boys school in Nashville yesterday for God only knows what. Everyone already has him signed up and quarterbacking the team next year.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know reb, there's so much BS and rumor-mongering that I'm walking with you on all of it. No one actually knows what will happen or who's actually "tampering" and I high doubt that anyone is doing anything but guessing and hoping that their guess is first.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/rumors-brady-s-family-spotted-in-nashville/30

I don't have issues with you posting what you hear from media outlets, I take issue with media outlets spewing drivel for the sole purpose of wanting to have a story out there, a story that is mostly speculation or unsubstantiated rumor. I may come off otherwise but that is what bothers me most.

In the end where ever TB12 goes I hope it's because that is what he wanted. I have said several time he owes this team, this fan base and the NFL not one damn thing.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment is exclusively regarding having dinner together. If TMZ has pictures of Davis and Brady having dinner then tampering exists. You can't claim "we were talking family". I doubt they had dinner, it was just someone posting a rumor.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A piece of the team!!! How does that work against the cap?

So it cannot be part of his contract. That would be skirting the cap. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen with a handshake and wink behind closed doors though. Heck Brady has had this somewhat with the Patriots in allowing his business TB12 to operate on Gillette property and even pay for services. I know the NFL has investigated that some and it falls into the gray area of things.

Elway had a similar situation where when he retired he was promised a piece of the organization at a fraction of the price. Ended up actually sending the owner to court as the previous owner of the team had right of first refusal on any deal. Elway ended up turning it down (huge mistake as a 10% ownership claim back in the 90's would be worth $300 million today and the owner only wanted like $25 million for it).

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampering doesn't extend to real estate agents. Was he also seen with Aaron and Mahomey's insurance agent?

So hanging with the owner in Vegas, then buying a house in Vegas, then signing with a team in Vegas wouldn't raise eyebrows and result in a possible tampering charge?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hanging with the owner in Vegas, then buying a house in Vegas, then signing with a team in Vegas wouldn't raise eyebrows and result in a possible tampering charge?
Of course it does. The context of this thread has changed a bit, especially with what is a fact versus a rumor. If they happened to be in the same place and were caught greeting each other cordially then there's no fire with the smoke. In that case, the buying a home seems more related to the trip to Vegas than the greet with Davis. If there was more contact than just a greet then tampering could apply.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say no considering it is Vegas. Brady went to one of the biggest fights of the year that lots of other NFL players were at. Are we also then going to look into whether there was tampering with them?

Throw in Brady has houses all over the place. Is him buying another really that big of a surprise? Especially if his wife is wanting to start up some new businesses in the area. If he signs with the Raiders then maybe ask a few questions but at this point I wouldn't raise any red flags.

Also for those that believe tampering doesn't happen then I have some beach front property in Kansas to sell you. I can tell you from personal experience being down at the Senior Bowl and talking to people at the Combine that these conversations happen left and right. Those that get punished are the ones that are stupid enough to tell the public they did it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for those that believe tampering doesn't happen then I have some beach front property in Kansas to sell you. I can tell you from personal experience being down at the Senior Bowl and talking to people at the Combine that these conversations happen left and right. Those that get punished are the ones that are stupid enough to tell the public they did it.
Murder happens too. Should we start a movement to legalize that?