• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Patriots News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston TV stations have decided to let Michael Felger back on the sports shows after a one year off.

He was right back where he was last year as he and three others were discussing Tom Brady and free agency.

1. Brady has repeatedly said, "It's not about the money!"
2. Tom Brady was born August 3, 1977.
3. Tom Brady has said that wants to play in the NFL until he is 45. That would mean that he wants a 3 year contract.
4. Bill Belichick has not wanted to sign Brady for more than a one year contract. That approach has brought the situation to where it is today.
5. According to sources close to Brady, there are only five teams other than the Patriots who Brady would consider:

Tennessee Titans. Brady and Vrabel have been extremely close friends since Vrabel played for the Patriots and they speak, not text, speak on the phone at least once a week. Tennessee ownership is letting Vrabel take the reins and will accept whatever he can pull off. Problem is that Vrabel may not want to commit $90M for three years guaranteed.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Bruce Arians doesn't give a shit about tampering because everyone else has already come forward on Brady. The Bucs are all-in on Brady and will give him the 3 years guaranteed and can surround him with protection and weapons.

Las Vegas Raiders. It's been known since early February that they will pay as much as $105M guaranteed for 3 years. The issue was Gruden's offense. Owner Mike Davis says that Gruden will adjust the offense to Brady's style and not make Brady adjust to Gruden's.

Los Angeles Chargers. They've been very quiet but it's pretty much a given that they will follow the Raiders. They need to sell Personal Licensed Seats and Brady will guarantee that they will sell them. They have the protection and enough weapons to make Brady comfortable. Problem is that Brady and his wife built a mansion in LA and sold it a month after they moved in because they didn't like the lifestyle or area for their kids.

Indianapolis Colts. Nothing much publicly. They have supposedly reached out to Brady's agent and expressed their regret and apologized for Deflategate. It's rumored that the Colts are willing to top the class and offer Brady 3 years and $120M. They have a solid young OL and excellent WRs. If they get Brady, they will also go balls to the wall for Derrick Henry to add to Brady's protection and arsenal.

Felger says that no matter how hard he tries, Kraft cannot offer Brady anything close to what these other teams can offer. Felger believes that BB has already begun to move on and isn't going to waste a lot of time or effort on begging Brady to stay.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is that Vrabel may not want to commit $90M for three years guaranteed.

The Bucs are all-in on Brady and will give him the 3 years guaranteed and can surround him with protection and weapons.

Las Vegas Raiders. It's been known since early February that they will pay as much as $105M guaranteed for 3 years.

Indianapolis Colts. It's rumored that the Colts are willing to top the class and offer Brady 3 years and $120M.

Felger says that no matter how hard he tries, Kraft cannot offer Brady anything close to what these other teams can offer.
Is this sharing someone else's story or your work? Brady's "not about the money" but all his choice's are?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston TV stations have decided to let Michael Felger back on the sports shows after a one year off.

He was right back where he was last year as he and three others were discussing Tom Brady and free agency.

2. Tom Brady was born August 3, 1977.
3. Tom Brady has said that wants to play in the NFL until he is 45. That would mean that he wants a 3 year contract.
4. Bill Belichick has not wanted to sign Brady for more than a one year contract. That approach has brought the situation to where it is today.
5. According to sources close to Brady, there are only five teams other than the Patriots who Brady would consider:

Tennessee Titans. Brady and Vrabel have been extremely close friends since Vrabel played for the Patriots and they speak, not text, speak on the phone at least once a week. Tennessee ownership is letting Vrabel take the reins and will accept whatever he can pull off. Problem is that Vrabel may not want to commit $90M for three years guaranteed.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Bruce Arians doesn't give a shit about tampering because everyone else has already come forward on Brady. The Bucs are all-in on Brady and will give him the 3 years guaranteed and can surround him with protection and weapons.

Las Vegas Raiders. It's been known since early February that they will pay as much as $105M guaranteed for 3 years. The issue was Gruden's offense. Owner Mike Davis says that Gruden will adjust the offense to Brady's style and not make Brady adjust to Gruden's.

Los Angeles Chargers. They've been very quiet but it's pretty much a given that they will follow the Raiders. They need to sell Personal Licensed Seats and Brady will guarantee that they will sell them. They have the protection and enough weapons to make Brady comfortable. Problem is that Brady and his wife built a mansion in LA and sold it a month after they moved in because they didn't like the lifestyle or area for their kids.

Indianapolis Colts. Nothing much publicly. They have supposedly reached out to Brady's agent and expressed their regret and apologized for Deflategate. It's rumored that the Colts are willing to top the class and offer Brady 3 years and $120M. They have a solid young OL and excellent WRs. If they get Brady, they will also go balls to the wall for Derrick Henry to add to Brady's protection and arsenal.

Felger says that no matter how hard he tries, Kraft cannot offer Brady anything close to what these other teams can offer. Felger believes that BB has already begun to move on and isn't going to waste a lot of time or effort on begging Brady to stay.
Happy belated birthday Ken.
This makes sense

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s this sharing someone else's story or your work? Brady's "not about the money" but all his choice's are?

Not mine. Michael Felger on Boston Sports Tonight with Phil Perry, Danielle Trotter and DJ Bean. Makes all the sense in the world ....to me, at least.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this sharing someone else's story or your work? Brady's "not about the money" but all his choice's are?

I think Brady has made it clear that while he is maybe not looking for set the market kind of money he still wants whatever team to show they want him there and respect his talent. Patriots have been fortunate that Brady hasn't always gone that direction but at this point he does seem a little more of the "show me the money" kind of mindset. Nothing wrong with that as he has earned every penny and more.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady has gone from getting his respect from winning and is now about getting his respect by getting money, he has waited to long to make that play.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the "rumors" and should have posted it here.

Belichick is really pissed that the conversation somehow got to the media. Brady had to have told someone in his camp or his agent or someone else and they immediately called a clicker.

Tom Brady, Bill Belichick had conversation Tuesday, but it reportedly did not go well
Hannable-Ryan_775x425.jpg

Ryan Hannable
March 04, 2020 - 1:28 pm
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
Share to TwitterShare to PrintShare to EmailShare to More
Categories:
Football
Well, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady had a conversation like everyone has wanted them to have for the last several weeks, but it apparently didn't go all that well.

Brady and Belichick spoke on the phone Tuesday regarding the 42-year-olds impending free agency, but it wasn't very productive according to NBC Sports Boston's Tom E. Curran, and "did not go well," per the Boston Herald's Karen Guregian.

Both did not have any details about what was actually discussed, but did come to the same general conclusion.

This does not mean Brady has no chance of returning to the Patriots as a lot can happen between now and when free agency gets started, but it likely indicates the two sides have a ways to go when it comes to being on the same page for the quarterback to stay in New England.

It also shouldn't come as much of a surprise since Belichick seems to be approaching Brady's impending free agency just like any other player. When has he ever been warm and fuzzy with contract talks? Also, if this is in fact true, how does Belichick feel that less than a day later the conversation is being leaked to the media?

With two weeks to go until free agency begins, it would appear there's a lot to hammer out in order for Brady to actually return to New England.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady has gone from getting his respect from winning and is now about getting his respect by getting money, he has waited to long to make that play.....

He's not doing this for money. It's all about respect for him and getting talent. With that said, any team he goes to the money will be more than the Patriots would give but that's not why Brady would go to that team

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not doing this for money. It's all about respect for him and getting talent. With that said, any team he goes to the money will be more than the Patriots would give but that's not why Brady would go to that team
So what happens say he goes to the Titans for only $25 million a year? I could see him being upset that the Pats just are not showing him a lot of respect and go to another organization for cheap just to show them how much they miss him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens say he goes to the Titans for only $25 million a year? I could see him being upset that the Pats just are not showing him a lot of respect and go to another organization for cheap just to show them how much they miss him.

Right now they have better weapons for Brady and a coach in Vrabel that hasn't pissed Brady off

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the "rumors" and should have posted it here.

Belichick is really pissed that the conversation somehow got to the media. Brady had to have told someone in his camp or his agent or someone else and they immediately called a clicker.

Tom Brady, Bill Belichick had conversation Tuesday, but it reportedly did not go well
Hannable-Ryan_775x425.jpg

Ryan Hannable
March 04, 2020 - 1:28 pm
AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
Share to TwitterShare to PrintShare to EmailShare to More
Categories:
Football
Well, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady had a conversation like everyone has wanted them to have for the last several weeks, but it apparently didn't go all that well.

Brady and Belichick spoke on the phone Tuesday regarding the 42-year-olds impending free agency, but it wasn't very productive according to NBC Sports Boston's Tom E. Curran, and "did not go well," per the Boston Herald's Karen Guregian.

Both did not have any details about what was actually discussed, but did come to the same general conclusion.

This does not mean Brady has no chance of returning to the Patriots as a lot can happen between now and when free agency gets started, but it likely indicates the two sides have a ways to go when it comes to being on the same page for the quarterback to stay in New England.

It also shouldn't come as much of a surprise since Belichick seems to be approaching Brady's impending free agency just like any other player. When has he ever been warm and fuzzy with contract talks? Also, if this is in fact true, how does Belichick feel that less than a day later the conversation is being leaked to the media?

With two weeks to go until free agency begins, it would appear there's a lot to hammer out in order for Brady to actually return to New England.

I don't know about this. Lots of speculation. Unamed sources...

Having said that it wouldn't suprise me either. BB may still be pissed that RK made him keep TB12 vice JG?

Would've been interesting to see what JG could've done in the NE offense last year verses what Brady didn't accomplish?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having said that it wouldn't suprise me either. BB may still be pissed that RK made him keep TB12 vice JG?

Would've been interesting to see what JG could've done in the NE offense last year verses what Brady didn't accomplish?

It would be hilarious though to see Brady go to the 49ers and JG come back to BB. What Belichick wants Belichick gets.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be hilarious though to see Brady go to the 49ers and JG come back to BB. What Belichick wants Belichick gets.

I jokingly said after JG went to SF it was a gentleman's hand shake between BB and him that he would be back. I figured it to be after he played out his hefty deal. We shall see?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to end sooner or later at this point I am hoping for sooner. Tired of all the rumor and speculation

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if Jimmy G had taken the Pats to the SB and lost everybody would say Brady would have won.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is not losing TB because he wants a three year deal that is asking a lot in today's NFL at his age. My concern is becoming the Miami Dolphins post Marino

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is not losing TB because he wants a three year deal that is asking a lot in today's NFL at his age. My concern is becoming the Miami Dolphins post Marino

The odds definitely lean towards that being the case of the team falling off a cliff. I can only think of a couple of times where a team didn't at least move towards mediocrity after a HOF QB left and that was because they had a HOF worthy QB replace the starter in the Packers with Favre/Rodgers and the Colts with Manning/Luck. But both situations were weird. Packers drafted Rodgers and gave him a few years to prepare and the Colts lucked into Luck with Manning missing a season.

I've been in this situation now twice. Elway retiring back in 1999 and Manning after the 2015 season. I learned after my first experience with Elway to enjoy the Manning years while they were there knowing it wouldn't last long. And expecting after he left it would take a few years for the organization to find their footing again.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds definitely lean towards that being the case of the team falling off a cliff. I can only think of a couple of times where a team didn't at least move towards mediocrity after a HOF QB left and that was because they had a HOF worthy QB replace the starter in the Packers with Favre/Rodgers and the Colts with Manning/Luck. But both situations were weird. Packers drafted Rodgers and gave him a few years to prepare and the Colts lucked into Luck with Manning missing a season.

I've been in this situation now twice. Elway retiring back in 1999 and Manning after the 2015 season. I learned after my first experience with Elway to enjoy the Manning years while they were there knowing it wouldn't last long. And expecting after he left it would take a few years for the organization to find their footing again.
Montana / Young is another but yeah I agree.