• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol but these same people won't call the lakers winning a title a fluke (it wasn't) but you can't say one team in the finals run wasn't a fluke while the others was especially considering Miami never faced and elimination game or trailed in a series until the finals. It's different if they were like the nuggets and kept falling behind 3-1 only to come back and win the series

Yeah, the were hands down the best team in the East after the restart.

That said, I doubt they have the same run if the season played out in normal fashion without interruption.

The “flukey” part, IMO was not having to deal with home courts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol but these same people won't call the lakers winning a title a fluke (it wasn't) but you can't say one team in the finals run wasn't a fluke while the others was especially considering Miami never faced and elimination game or trailed in a series until the finals. It's different if they were like the nuggets and kept falling behind 3-1 only to come back and win the series

I guess the Nuggets are a “fluke” too lol. I mean Miami beat the best regular season team, so that is a fluke as well. Never liked that narractive, the best team wins. I could see if injuries occurred to MIL, Giannis went down after MIL was getting their ass whooped

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the Nuggets are a “fluke” too lol. I mean Miami beat the best regular season team, so that is a fluke as well. Never liked that narractive, the best team wins. I could see if injuries occurred to MIL, Giannis went down after MIL was getting their ass whooped

There was nothing fluky about Miami lol these ppl are insane. Miami just got better in the time off and were able to work on crowder and iggy while getting healthy as well. Going up 3-1 on Boston and Milwaukee was legit

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comes down to haters hating. It's what they do best...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The “flukey” part, IMO was not having to deal with home courts.

Ehh not buying that really. Not having to deal with home court maybe made certain series in round 1 more competitive but that's about it. If you were truly better then these teams would have done what the Lakers did. Have one slip up and handle their business the rest of the series.

Beating higher-ranked teams on a neutral floor is far from flukey. Neutral court should favor the better teams as you don't have to deal with 2 or 3 true road games which when the best teams usually slip up in the playoffs.

My biggest problem is you can't pick and choose what team run was a fluke in the bubble. Not like the Heat were some bad team prior to the bubble. They were 41-24 before the bubble and with how easy the remaining schedule was before the season got postponed, this was a team basically a lock to go 53-29 at minimum

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree he should have signed...he's much better than I thought but not the top end max type guy who should mess around and take shorter deals.
the issue was trying to convince him to play on the RFA tender for one year (this year) in order to keep more cap space open and then sign him to a max after they attempted to sign a high level guy next summer like a Fox or Giannis.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one year minimum deal, LOL....too funny.

who didn't see that coming? Nerleans Noel got a bigger contract. lol. The Cavs signed some dude from the Knicks i have never heard of for more money.

This goes to show what i have been saying for so long---- you can have a guy put up big stats that absolutely hinders your ability to win.

Ibaka and Thompson- 2 veterans that are great team guys, know their roles, and leaders, and play hard got solid deals because teams know they can help you actually win games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant fix stupid. Its really a shame that such vast athleticism is wasted on a guy with a 2 cent head. There are so many guys that play basketball that are great athletes---- so many guys that never made it that are just ridiculous athletes--- because more ofthen then not work ethic, and intelligence play such a vital role to being successful. Selfish and stupid guys with great athleticism and tantalizing talent might fool a team into giving them a big contract, but eventually the league works it out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one year minimum deal, LOL....too funny.

who didn't see that coming? Nerleans Noel got a bigger contract. lol. The Cavs signed some dude from the Knicks i have never heard of for more money.

This goes to show what i have been saying for so long---- you can have a guy put up big stats that absolutely hinders your ability to win.

Ibaka and Thompson- 2 veterans that are great team guys, know their roles, and leaders, and play hard got solid deals because teams know they can help you actually win games.

You were right for once.

24 hour rule.

Enjoy your victory lap on here

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG did always try to pick on soft players. Never those who were about it

One of the downsides of less fighting the last 20 years or so is that no one ever punched KG out. Everyone knew it was an act and I kept praying someone would just lay him out one game when he was on his bullshit but they never did. Stupid harsher penalties for fighting.