• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I'd also add that having Zion and Adams working in the paint should lead to open 3's. You give most NBA players wide open 3's and they will hit them. Last years Lakers are a pretty good example.

They had a bunch of guys who were mostly average at best 3 point shooters, but they were able to hit them at higher rate than expected because Lebron and AD got them a lot of wide open looks.
BOOM.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats just no true.

ball was one of the best players in a league filled with good college players, who are now grown men, and former NBA players.

if he went to college he would’ve been the slam dunk number one pick imo
he would be 5-6 in next years draft AT BEST. and i mean ZERO chance at top 3. Id guess he would be about 7-8

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers obviously chose to pay Harrell over Kuzma.

Kuizma's days appeared numbered. He was hyped by so many people and clearly fell short.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i; smell a bet between you guys.

Over under 38% from 3.

i know which side i would take.
Why aren't you taking the Raiders/Browns bet?

I already said if they get the same amount of wins it'd be a push.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would be 5-6 in next years draft AT BEST. and i mean ZERO chance at top 3. Id guess he would be about 7-8

Yeah 2021 draft should be CRAZY good. All these great, talented, lanky wings and PG's.

Cunningham, Boston, Kuminga, Mobley, Green, Jalen Johnson, Ziaire (who played with Bronny), Barnes

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers obviously chose to pay Harrell over Kuzma.

Kuizma's days appeared numbered. He was hyped by so many people and clearly fell short.
even if he DOES get traded he still did quite well for where he was drafted...

but hey, mountains outta molehills, right...?

super bowl ring harris GIF by Nickelodeon at Super Bowl

now kiss the ring... :D

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard something about Rozier wanting to play for the Clippers...

How about Lou and Pat Bev for Rozier?

The Clippers are obviously trying to trade everyone that Kawhi and PG aren't getting along with to secure these two guys for the future, main priority. Harrell already gone, Lou and Pat Bev - not happy. Plus, this would give them a better facilitator which they desperately need. You definitely lose defense with Pat Bev but Rozier is still a pretty good defender. Actually for the Hornets this makes sense too...Lou is an expiring contract and he can come off the bench. LaMelo can now become the PG and Pat Bev can play alongside and be that defensive anchor.

Maybe Pat Bev isn't included and they work a 3 team trade but I feel there are changes coming to the Clippers...bc of the two stooges in town now

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard something about Rozier wanting to play for the Clippers...

How about Lou and Pat Bev for Rozier?

The Clippers are obviously trying to trade everyone that Kawhi and PG aren't getting along with to secure these two guys for the future, main priority. Harrell already gone, Lou and Pat Bev - not happy. Plus, this would give them a better facilitator which they desperately need. You definitely lose defense with Pat Bev but Rozier is still a pretty good defender. Actually for the Hornets this makes sense too...Lou is an expiring contract and he can come off the bench. LaMelo can now become the PG and Pat Bev can play alongside and be that defensive anchor.

Maybe Pat Bev isn't included and they work a 3 team trade but I feel there are changes coming to the Clippers...b1c of the two stooges in town now
Trade Williams. Rozier and Bev would be a nice 1-2 punch.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The minutes just aren’t there unless guys are inactive though.

The Lakers already have 4 guys on their roster who are going to be fixtures in the rotation and are getting 100% of their minutes at the 4 and 5.

Davis is going to play 33-36 minutes a game. Harrell is going to get 25-30 and some of those minutes will be alongside AD.

Kief is going to play 15-20.

So, 96 minutes to divvy out, and the Lakers will really only need a true 5 for about 20-25 minutes tops. Some games it will be a lot less. Some perhaps a few more.

But if Whiteside is smart, he is going to look for a roster where he is guaranteed a large role like he had in a Portland pre-Nurkic.

Battling Marc Gasol for a split of about 25 minutes a game isn’t it. And I don’t think he gets the big piece of that pie either.

I can see why Laker fans would want an extra talented player. But in this case, I do really believe less is more.

Yeah, you my be right. I like Gasol, but he's 35. He hasn't exactly been injury prone and athleticism isn't exactly what he was known for anyway. But 35 is still 35.

Basically, it would be smart for the Lakers to have him on the roster and available. But not smart for him to have himself on the roster.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance spinning his wheels like he did a few months ago when he just wouldn't let the topic go.

I don't know about that. His shot is/was pretty ugly and he's certainly not likely to ever be an elite 3 point shooter. But if he can consistently hit around 35-36% of his 3's, that will be enough to keep teams from sagging off of him.

He's young and only has 3 seasons under his belt, so it's too early, imo, to say for certain where he's likely to get to. He may be similar to Brandon Ingram. For the first couple of years he looked like he could be a bust or at least not live up to his draft status. Now he's an all star with a max deal.

Whatever happens with Lonzo's 3 point shooting...he has to get that free throw percentage to at least 70% or he's never going to come close to living up to his draft status.