• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrell was a pretty good rim protector last year but he lacks size. He will be coming off the bench. I think if the Lakers got Gasol it would be a nice move. They would have Gasol and then Mcgee as a backup. Gasol isnt a big minute guy and Harrell could be off the bench

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they though?

I guess that is the point.

If you have to spend that much to get Gordon Hayward, probably best to pass.
You're Charlotte. You have seats to sell. What the heck else do you do? Be Cleveland? They at least have a couple names.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're Charlotte. You have seats to sell. What the heck else do you do? Be Cleveland? They at least have a couple names.
Of course they have to overway but Love’s contract looks like a gem compared to this. $30M and so much guaranteed for an injury prone guy. Plus the only reason got paid was bc he was part of a championship team. So they either overpay to try to get a 7 or 8 OR they try to get a couple more top 5 picks and build through the draft. Not sure what Ball, Rozier and Hayward is winning them...I guess we will see

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they have to overway but Love’s contract looks like a gem compared to this. $30M and so much guaranteed for an injury prone guy. Plus the only reason got paid was bc he was part of a championship team. So they either overpay to try to get a 7 or 8 OR they try to get a couple more top 5 picks and build through the draft. Not sure what Ball, Rozier and Hayward is winning them...I guess we will see
Won't win them dick. Still better than being a team so anonymous and lame that people forget you are in the league

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I were Charlotte, I would do about the exact opposite of what they have done since MJ took over.

They make far too many short term moves.

A “couple names” gets you somewhere around a 9 seed and permanent irrelevance.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't win them dick. Still better than being a team so anonymous and lame that people forget you are in the league
I mean look at Orlando, Orlando is a 8-9 seed everywhere and they are forgotten. Nothing will change unless Ball becomes a star. Charlotte even had a star with Kemba but they couldn’t surround him and were a middling team.

CLE has the right approach. Build through the draft. Try to get rid of the Love contract, if your young players develop then surround them but paying an over-the-hill, injury prone player is taking them nowhere. I could see giving him a 1 year deal but long-term was a terrible decision. One injury away from a disaster on the books

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure Hurricane will blog about this...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed Matthews and Harrell.

You need more than that though. Those are basically Green and Howard replacements. About half, maybe a little more, of LA's team are free agents. So far, they've replaced the two I mentioned and Schroder replaces Rondo. But they still need KCP and Kief, especially KCP since he's a vital wing/guard defender with some scoring ability. As the market stands now, there aren't any good options left if those two guys go elsewhere. Both those players were vital for the Lakers defensive schemes last season and that defense is the primary reason why we won. Not having viable replacements (if they leave), would put the Lakers in a worse spot than they were last season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure Hurricane will blog about this...

Some of the alt jerseys we've seen have been really nice. Others...the creator didn't even try. These are just the Pacers jerseys from the late 90s/early 00s with a lighter shade of blue

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need more than that though. Those are basically Green and Howard replacements. About half, maybe a little more, of LA's team are free agents. So far, they've replaced the two I mentioned and Schroder replaces Rondo. But they still need KCP and Kief, especially KCP since he's a vital wing/guard defender with some scoring ability. As the market stands now, there aren't any good options left if those two guys go elsewhere. Both those players were vital for the Lakers defensive schemes last season and that defense is the primary reason why we won. Not having viable replacements (if they leave), would put the Lakers in a worse spot than they were last season.
Yep KCP is a need but they can only offer him $12M with the hard cap apparently. Still an upgrade from the $8.3 but if others were to offer him $16M wonder if he would take it. Kuz/KCP is just more depth than Bog.

WITH KUZ & KCP
PG - Schroder, AC
SG - *KCP, Matthews, THT
SF - LBJ, *Kuz, Morris
PF - AD, Harrell
C - McGee

Going to need a center like Gasol or Boggie. Gasol would be the best minimum option imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish him luck. He had alotta good games off the bench for the Nuggets his three years in the league. MPJ is the future at SF for Denver. And they still have to figure out what to do with last years starting SF Will Barton.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KCP would be a nice 1 to keep.....but Schroder is an upgrade over Rondo. Morris isn't really necessary since Harrell is better and would be a super sub at PF/C playing 25-28mpg.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep KCP is a need but they can only offer him $12M with the hard cap apparently. Still an upgrade from the $8.3 but if others were to offer him $16M wonder if he would take it. Kuz/KCP is just more depth than Bog.

WITH KUZ & KCP
PG - Schroder, AC
SG - *KCP, Matthews, THT
SF - LBJ, *Kuz, Morris
PF - AD, Harrell
C - McGee

Going to need a center like Gasol or Boggie. Gasol would be the best minimum option imo.
Good points.