• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was more beloved at the end of his career and when he retired. After the whole thing with Shaq, Kobe was blamed for Shaq leaving and was booed a lot in the first season after Shaq left. It took him the rest of his career and 2 more titles for him to reach the point he eventually did.
Yep.

I was of the few who would have preferred keeping Shaq but when he demanded to be paid.....Buss shipped his ass out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh KD is the biggest pussy in the history of the league. Great player but a pussy. Jordan is the goat and will be unless something I haven’t seen yet comes along. It’s all about closing out games to me and that is where Lebron pales in comparison.

This is interesting. Comparing LeBron & MJ (clutch shots in the playoffs)

FG's: MJ- 5 of 11 (45.5%) & 3 buzzer beaters / LeBron- 7 of 15 (46.7%) & 5 buzzer beaters

MJ & LeBron (Finals) number of HOFers & potential future HOFers they faced.

MJ- Magic, Worthy, Drexler, Barkley, Payton, Stockton & Malone (2x)
LeBron- Duncan/Parker/Ginoblil (3x), Dirk, Kidd, KD (3x), Westbrick, Harden, Kawhi (2x), Steph/Klay/Dray (4x)

MJ is the GOAT. Only way LeBron closes that gap is by winning more rings. But LeBron's longevity & how he's all over the NBA record books can't be ignored. Only being compared to MJ is a complement in and of itself. And I can't think of another NBAer that's not only lived up to the hype. But surpassed it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I was of the few who would have preferred keeping Shaq but when he demanded to be paid.....Buss shipped his ass out.

Yeah, Shaq was the more popular player at the time. A lot of folks thought they should have moved Kobe. I actually agreed with moving Shaq, but it didn't look good the first couple of seasons.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit! Dammit. My bad!

Forgot AD was traded to the Lakers. Was wrong to even mention him.

AD is worse than Lebron in this discussion.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okc deserved it for being cheap. Lebron left teams who went into tax hell to keep him happy with his moves

So you don't have an issue with KD going to the Warriors & teaming up with three all star. He also had a side deal with Kyrie for both of them to end up in Brooklyn. And you don't have an issue with that either?

KD get a free pass because OKC was being cheap? But you have an issue with what LeBron & AD have done? If that's what you're saying all I can say is- okie dokie.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting. Comparing LeBron & MJ (clutch shots in the playoffs)

FG's: MJ- 5 of 11 (45.5%) & 3 buzzer beaters / LeBron- 7 of 15 (46.7%) & 5 buzzer beaters

MJ & LeBron (Finals) number of HOFers & potential future HOFers they faced.

MJ- Magic, Worthy, Drexler, Barkley, Payton, Stockton & Malone (2x)
LeBron- Duncan/Parker/Ginoblil (3x), Dirk, Kidd, KD (3x), Westbrick, Harden, Kawhi (2x), Steph/Klay/Dray (4x)

MJ is the GOAT. Only way LeBron closes that gap is by winning more rings. But LeBron's longevity & how he's all over the NBA record books can't be ignored. Only being compared to MJ is a complement in and of itself. And I can't think of another NBAer that's not only lived up to the hype. But surpassed it.

MJ lovers also love to bring up the "clutch" talk...except most of them have no idea what the numbers are. Super close and it favors Lebron...I got this argument early in his career but since he's been one of the best ever.

When MJ faced a "super team" he never sniffed the Finals. He could never beat those Celtics and Pistons teams. The 6-0 argument is also brought up too and I just don't get that argument. I think we can all agree MJ faced a tougher East and Lebron has faced better Finals opponents so the 6-0 argument doesn't make a ton of sense...like you said the longevity and a couple more rings is the only thing helping Lebron but with that he could pass MJ, I strongly believe that. Still have MJ as GOAT myself.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ lovers also love to bring up the "clutch" talk...except most of them have no idea what the numbers are. Super close and it favors Lebron...I got this argument early in his career but since he's been one of the best ever.

When MJ faced a "super team" he never sniffed the Finals. He could never beat those Celtics and Pistons teams. The 6-0 argument is also brought up too and I just don't get that argument. I think we can all agree MJ faced a tougher East and Lebron has faced better Finals opponents so the 6-0 argument doesn't make a ton of sense...like you said the longevity and a couple more rings is the only thing helping Lebron but with that he could pass MJ, I strongly believe that. Still have MJ as GOAT myself.

What I find funny is how the LeBron haters only comapre him to MJ. Blah-blah-blah this & blah-blah-blah that. So at worst LeBron's in 2nd place? Man he really sucks!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okc deserved it for being cheap. Lebron left teams who went into tax hell to keep him happy with his moves
So you said OKC deserved it for being cheap but before Lebron went to Miami, Cleveland did that exact same thing but in a different way. They were cheap and they got Lebron ZERO help in his 7 years stint...CLE deserved it when Lebron left as well. I knew he would leave and it was Cleveland's fault.

Now if we are talking about Miami sure after he went back to CLE that put a dent in Miami but Riley was fine and had a plan. He wasn't going to stay in Miami forever. They still had Wade plus the sad story with Bosh screwed them and was out of their control.
Then when he left CLE a second time for LA...it didn't really matter bc they weren't going to compete after Kyrie forced his way out. They chose to pay Kevin Love after Lebron left, the only contract that was bad was Tristan. CLE like Miami was smart flipping picks for long-term assets but either way they were going to have to build through the draft which could likely take a very long time.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you said OKC deserved it for being cheap but before Lebron went to Miami, Cleveland did that exact same thing but in a different way. They were cheap and they got Lebron ZERO help in his 7 years stint...CLE deserved it when Lebron left as well. I knew he would leave and it was Cleveland's fault.

Now if we are talking about Miami sure after he went back to CLE that put a dent in Miami but Riley was fine and had a plan. He wasn't going to stay in Miami forever. They still had Wade plus the sad story with Bosh screwed them and was out of their control.
Then when he left CLE a second time for LA...it didn't really matter bc they weren't going to compete after Kyrie forced his way out. They chose to pay Kevin Love after Lebron left, the only contract that was bad was Tristan. CLE like Miami was smart flipping picks for long-term assets but either way they were going to have to build through the draft which could likely take a very long time.

cle was well capped out. The only reason they go kyrie was because of the clips historically awful idea to send an unprotected first to shed like a year of a contract.
What they did was very progressive. It was very much what other teams started doing 4-5 years later.
What happened to them, unfortunately, was that Parker and Mo Williams had an atrocious series against boston.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @Stakesarehigh @dtgold88

How you guys feeling about the upcoming Browns/Titans game? Too busy doing nothing (listening to some John Lee Hoker) to look anything up right now. But will D. Ward be back on Sunday? Not sure how long he's supposed to be out.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How you guys feeling about the upcoming Browns/Titans game? Too busy doing nothing (listening to some John Lee Hoker) to look anything up right now. But will D. Ward be back on Sunday? Not sure how long he's supposed to be out.

I don't like their chances on containing Henry

Ward is out still

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting your ass whooped this weekend lol

Hey! Stop that. Upsets can happen. Not saying one will happen in Tennessee this weekend though. But it would be great if it happens.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting your ass whooped this weekend lol

Not if Henry slips on a banana peel

200.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The same way you feel....hope it's a close game and they compete. Titans struggle with pass defense, Browns struggle passing the ball ugggh

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely concerned about Henry and stopping him. Guessing both teams have same approach....ball control with their elite RBs to keep ball away from other team's elite RBs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! Stop that. Upsets can happen. Not saying one will happen in Tennessee this weekend though. But it would be great if it happens.
also not saying we win, but reason so absurd to dismiss our 2 Ws vs. Cinci is you are right. Upsets happen....Cinci beat TN, so pretty sure we could win.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 6-0 argument is also brought up too and I just don't get that argument. I think we can all agree MJ faced a tougher East and Lebron has faced better Finals opponents so the 6-0 argument doesn't make a ton of sense..

It does though. MJ had a tougher road to get to the finals. Lebron had a tougher road in the finals. If Lebron had to go through the teams MJ had to go through, how many times does he even get to the finals? I'd bet that it would be less than 6.

Having said that, if MJ faced the level of teams in the finals that Lebron did. It's unlikely that he'd be 6-0 in the finals.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same way you feel....hope it's a close game and they compete. Titans struggle with pass defense, Browns struggle passing the ball ugggh

This is a perfect opportunity for Mayfield to silence his critics for a little bit. He needs to step up and prove he can have a good game against a good team. His numbers in 3 important games this year.

Colts (21-37 247 yards 2 TD's & 2 int's). Steelers (10-18 119 1 & 2). Ravens (21-39 189 1 & 1). Until he figures out how to be consistent* in important games I will continue to question his abilities.

*And for all you smartasses out there I ain't talking about being consistenly bad. Thank's for your understanding.