• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stated above, next years #1 pick has questionable value let alone 2022’s #1 pick. The pandemic has lowered the stock of next years draft pick substantially, and assuming some affect to the 2022 pick I see this as a win for the Hawks. Adams is a proven stud in the back field teaming up with Diggs to create a legit LOB level safety tandem. If Dunbar beats his case it’s a wrap, best secondary in the league.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams has a safety has more sacks last year than anyone on our defense last season let that sink in

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stated above, next years #1 pick has questionable value let alone 2022’s #1 pick. The pandemic has lowered the stock of next years draft pick substantially, and assuming some affect to the 2022 pick I see this as a win for the Hawks. Adams is a proven stud in the back field teaming up with Diggs to create a legit LOB level safety tandem. If Dunbar beats his case it’s a wrap, best secondary in the league.

That's a very good point actually on COVID and value of draft. In addition, Seattle will (pending health of course) in all likelihood be a playoff team as they always find a way in with Wilson.. so both 1st rounders are LATE 1st rounders. It'd be different if it was Miami for example trading for Adams.

I think Seattle is trying to assemble the final pieces for Carroll/Wilson to effectively 'finish' their career on. 1st rounders in 2021/22 aren't really going to help especially since they're later 1st rounders and fortunately they have a replacement for Wagner thanks to this draft. Adams is quite possibly the best safety in the entire league and hoping to find that in a late 1st round draft... good luck.

Adams is basically a Chancellor clone with better coverage skills... I expect Carroll to use him in a similar way not to mention blitz Adams a BUNCH (which he's VERY good at) to help with the pass rush.

Dunbar (if he's cleared), Diggs, Adams, and Griffin. Assuming those guys are all healthy and ready to go, it's going to be QUITE difficult to pass on Seattle. Good luck Jimmy Gpaaorodfdlfololol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams has a safety has more sacks last year than anyone on our defense last season let that sink in

I noticed that as well lol. Adams is a fantastic blitzer and tackler with better coverage than Kam ever had. That said, if Dunbar/Griffin/Diggs are all healthy (and Dunbar is cleared to play after that false report - never can be sure WTF the NFL is gonna penalize folks for these days) IMO it'll be already very hard to throw on Seattle. If that's the case then I expect Adams to be a Kam clone with a LOT of safety blitzes to help our pass rush which still has a question mark on it. And Adams is more than capable of doing that to your point.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salk tweeted a good point, it would have cost more to move up from the late 20’s up to #6 in the draft which is where Adams was picked. Plus, he is already proven in this league and not just a highly recruited prospect. My one slight problem with the deal is that we could have had Minkah Fitzpatrick for less, but overall Adams is the better safety and I still can’t believe we landed him. Hawks just got better no doubt.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salk tweeted a good point, it would have cost more to move up from the late 20’s up to #6 in the draft which is where Adams was picked. Plus, he is already proven in this league and not just a highly recruited prospect. My one slight problem with the deal is that we could have had Minkah Fitzpatrick for less, but overall Adams is the better safety and I still can’t believe we landed him. Hawks just got better no doubt.

I will agree that Adams is the better safety FOR OUR DEFENSIVE scheme. Adams plays basically the same part of the field that Chancellor played, is probably the best safety tackler in the league, and can HEAVILY pressure the passer (great blitzer). It's the things Carroll wanted to do that were just not possible last year with our roster. I was VERY hopeful for Marquise Blair who I thought could fill that role and was doing GREAT... but then injured :L

I agree with the rest of your post. Pending injuries (always a thing) if SOMEWHAT healthy and of course Wilson stays healthy Seattle should expect to make the playoffs... and that means a LATE 1st round pick amidst the COVID which you pointed out. You MIGHT get lucky and get a Kam Chancellor diamond in the rough, but generally late 1st round picks you're getting nowhere NEAR the talent of what is selected in basically the top 5. It's one of the reasons I graded the Jets poorly.

"Great, you spent a 6th overall... got rid of him in his PRIME for two LATE 1st rounders which no team would ever take as a trade up... when your QB is CHEAP and you have the cap room."

I was borderline close to giving the Jets an F. McDougald was the only thing that saved them from that.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we gave up a lot, but it's for one of the best at his position in the league. All-pro talent. I'm very good with this deal.

Schneider always finds ways to work the draft like a boss so no worries there.

That being said.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Seahawks overpay in draft picks for Jamal Adams? Yes.

Assuming the Seahawks end up extending Adams (a big if) I think it's difficult to argue that the Seahawks would receive as much value from those late 1st round picks as what Adams would provide now and in the future.

You don't find immediate contributors with an All-Pro resume that late in the draft. The Seahawks are in win-now mode. We've completely transformed the secondary in a good way, and I think this was a good move.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Hunt shocked some, but here's the deal.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Hunt shocked some, but here's the deal.

The Release of Hunt didn't shock me at all not one bit he was just pure awful and was abused at center almost all season when he was playing. Not shocked one bit not even slightly.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of these cuts something is brewing......Clowney?

With the price of the Adams trade, I can definitely see Pete and John going all in for a trophy this year or next and giving in to Clowney a little more.

I'm for it. If you're gonna go after a SB, fucking go hard after it.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of these cuts something is brewing......Clowney?

See, I'm under the impression it means we might be seeing a contract for Jamal Adams. Clear up some space to sign him to a long term deal. After all, he wants a pay raise and is the reason he bitched and complained he's way out of NY.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I'm under the impression it means we might be seeing a contract for Jamal Adams. Clear up some space to sign him to a long term deal. After all, he wants a pay raise and is the reason he bitched and complained he's way out of NY.

Apparently both sides(Seahawks and Adams) agreed that no deal would occur this season.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if we can sign Clowney or Griffin along with Gordon we are ready to boom next season

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more than ok with it. If a draft criticism of JS has been that he doesn't hit on 1st round picks, then why not trade them for proven all pro level talent? The point of the picks is to add talent, right? That's what we did here...and young talent at that.

Now if we are able to bring Clowney back, I think we are a clear SB contender and maybe even the surging consensus pick in the NFC. Even without Clowney, we are firmly in the discussion and will surely get an increasing amount of attention.