• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Hawks Offseason Thread:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 offensive lineman on the roster now, that makes me feel like drafting a olineman may not happen on the first 2 days. I mean that is so many bodies they could make 3 full olines with 3 left over. Lets hope just having so many bodies to throw at the wall we get 5 that stick.

Seems like this could be a defensive players type draft with a couple of offensive players sprinkled in.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day this would be true but now it's all about loading up on picks and if the Hawks have the best deal they'll make the trade.
Hmmm, not sure about that. I think our offer would have to be well and above anything else, not just slightly better than the rest.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With more teams wanting to trade back in the draft to stock pile picks than we've seen in some time, will the value of a 1st round pick begin to go down?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, not sure about that. I think our offer would have to be well and above anything else, not just slightly better than the rest.

Slightly better is still the best offer. I've seen Philly/Washington make a trade, Sea/SF has traded in the draft and Pitt/Cleveland as well. There's probably a few more I'm missing but at the end of the day it's about moving the player for the best deal whether it's inside the division or not.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock is spot on here.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock is spot on here.
I am definitely still hoping for sure we sign Clowney. Just drafting Taylor isn't enough, even if we pick all DEs today. If not Clowney, we pretty much have to get Griffen or we are accepting a great deal of risk on defense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely still hoping for sure we sign Clowney. Just drafting Taylor isn't enough, even if we pick all DEs today. If not Clowney, we pretty much have to get Griffen or we are accepting a great deal of risk on defense.

Yeah. I'll accept Griffen as a Clowney replacement but I think that is a big dropoff in overall performance. Assuming that they are both healthy, which is a risk with Clowney to be sure.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'll accept Griffen as a Clowney replacement but I think that is a big dropoff in overall performance. Assuming that they are both healthy, which is a risk with Clowney to be sure.
I would certainly prefer Clowney, but I would accept Griffen and still feel we did enough for a reasonable expectation of improvement from last year. Griffen, Irvin, Mayowa, Green, Collier and Taylor on the ends could work. Clowney instead of Griffen looks much better. I think we need to add a DT as well. Currently Reed and Puna Ford are really the only proven talent there. I guess Naz Jones is still hanging around, and then I see a couple other guys listed on the roster who are bubble players at best. We need a space eater.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would certainly prefer Clowney, but I would accept Griffen and still feel we did enough for a reasonable expectation of improvement from last year. Griffen, Irvin, Mayowa, Green, Collier and Taylor on the ends could work. Clowney instead of Griffen looks much better. I think we need to add a DT as well. Currently Reed and Puna Ford are really the only proven talent there. I guess Naz Jones is still hanging around, and then I see a couple other guys listed on the roster who are bubble players at best. We need a space eater.

Adding Griffen to the current group would probably mean an improvement from last year but that's a pretty low bar. Bringing back Clowney to this squad would mean a significant improvement over last year. We could even reach adequate level performance from the DL with Clowney back.

Branden Jackson is back so he provides some versatility as he can play inside and out. I would expect the Hawks to draft a DT today. Don't understand what happened to Naz Jones. He looked so promising as a rookie and just never really developed into something.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dammit, 49ers acquiring Trent Williams for a 5th and a 3rd next year (very little). Shit.... 49ers blocking unit is going to be strong next year. We need to resign Clowney ASAP.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Williams in, Joe Staley out (retiring).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God dammit, 49ers acquiring Trent Williams for a 5th and a 3rd next year (very little). Shit.... 49ers blocking unit is going to be strong next year. We need to resign Clowney ASAP.
They still need to deal with his contract demands, hopefully he gets a ton of money from them.:D

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a couple positions that now seem to be over-stuffed after this draft, and one of them is WR as it appears the team likes 7th rounder Stephen Sullivan to play there:
  • Tyler Lockett. WR1, lock to make the team.
  • DK Metcalf. WR2, lock to make the team.
  • D-Mo. I believe he signed a tender.
  • Phillip Dorsett. recent FA add.
  • John Ursua. 7th rounder from last year, didn't get much of a look after flashing in camp.
  • Freddie Swain. drafted today.
  • Stephen Sullivan. drafted today.
I guess Malik Turner (possibly cost us the playoff game vs GB) is a FA, and a couple other guys are listed on the website... but the 5 (or 6) we take into the season probably have to be from these 7 players. To me, the only locks are Lockett & DK. It is going to be tough competition for the remaining spots. As an early guess, we go with 5; either Swain or Sullivan will be smuggled onto the PS, and then D-Mo/Dorsett/Ursua are competing for 2 spots.

TE is also going to be wild:
  • Will Dissly. oft-injured but best TE fit since Zach Miller.
  • Greg Olsen. signed this off-season....older than Zach Miller.
  • Luke W. gives good radio interviews.
  • Jacob Hollister. good receiver but is knocked over by a gentle breeze.
  • Justin Johnson. not entirely sure who this is, but he appears on the website.
  • Colby Parkinson. drafted today, looks like Luke W with better hands & athleticism, undecided on hair.
Dissly is the only lock in my opinion. I know he's been injured, but he's been a complete stud on the field. We keep 3? If that's the case, I think Hollister & Luke W are in trouble.

Any other stacked up positions?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a couple positions that now seem to be over-stuffed after this draft, and one of them is WR as it appears the team likes 7th rounder Stephen Sullivan to play there:
  • Tyler Lockett. WR1, lock to make the team.
  • DK Metcalf. WR2, lock to make the team.
  • D-Mo. I believe he signed a tender.
  • Phillip Dorsett. recent FA add.
  • John Ursua. 7th rounder from last year, didn't get much of a look after flashing in camp.
  • Freddie Swain. drafted today.
  • Stephen Sullivan. drafted today.
I guess Malik Turner (possibly cost us the playoff game vs GB) is a FA, and a couple other guys are listed on the website... but the 5 (or 6) we take into the season probably have to be from these 7 players. To me, the only locks are Lockett & DK. It is going to be tough competition for the remaining spots. As an early guess, we go with 5; either Swain or Sullivan will be smuggled onto the PS, and then D-Mo/Dorsett/Ursua are competing for 2 spots.

I would be very surprised if Dorsett doesn't make the team. Ursua and Moore will need to show that they have developed or they could get chopped.

TE is also going to be wild:
  • Will Dissly. oft-injured but best TE fit since Zach Miller.
  • Greg Olsen. signed this off-season....older than Zach Miller.
  • Luke W. gives good radio interviews.
  • Jacob Hollister. good receiver but is knocked over by a gentle breeze.
  • Justin Johnson. not entirely sure who this is, but he appears on the website.
  • Colby Parkinson. drafted today, looks like Luke W with better hands & athleticism, undecided on hair.
Dissly is the only lock in my opinion. I know he's been injured, but he's been a complete stud on the field. We keep 3? If that's the case, I think Hollister & Luke W are in trouble.

Any other stacked up positions?

Unless Olsen is hurt in camp, he's making the team. Parkinson is a lock as well unless he completely sharts the bed.

I think Hollister is a goner. Maybe Willson as well. We will for sure have 3 TEs given the injury concerns of the top 2.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hollister is a goner. Maybe Willson as well. We will for sure have 3 TEs given the injury concerns of the top 2.

Honestly, because of the injury history of the prospected top 2 TE, Seattle may carry as many as 5 this season. Just my opinion.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, because of the injury history of the prospected top 2 TE, Seattle may carry as many as 5 this season. Just my opinion.

5 would be aggressive but I do think 4 is a possibility. This team wants to run a lot of 2 TE sets so it wouldn't be surprising if they went with 4 and maybe even 5, although that would be bad news for our receivers.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans drafted 0 edge players, they may be going all in on clowney. Still think we need a vet, would prefer clowney but i dont think it happens.